Benitez ready to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
why did he sell arbeloa and bellamy ?
Well, Arbeloa had a year left on his contract, and with Johnson joining he wanted out. Rafa wanted to keep him. Bellamy had the bust up with Riise and he got rid of Bellamy instead of Riise, also needed to because of the incoming Torres. |) Why did you sell Pique and Rossi? ;)

I didn't say I would just insult you, they'd of been thrown in with the counter argument. Anyway here it is (Which you should recognise if you actually read the article in full):

If there is one criticism that is harder to counter it’s the sheer turnover of players at Liverpool. There are reasons for this, as I will explain, but not everyone will appreciate or accept those explanations.

A lot of the turnover has been due to a need to ‘trade up’. For someone accused of persisting with certain individuals who are struggling, Benítez is ruthless when it comes to those who, once he’s seen them at close quarters, lack what he’s after. It’s led to a large number of purchases and sales, and in some ways that might not be helpful, but the alternative would have been getting an abnormally large number of cheap signings spot-on, and making no mistakes whatsoever at the top end of the market (again, unrealistic).

If he sticks with someone, it’s because he believes they can make the grade; plenty of others have found themselves quickly spinning out through the revolving door, so it’s not like Benítez is sentimental. At times it’s seemed a little chaotic, especially with those brought into the reserves – too many average players were scouted. But again, a good deal of this comes back to budgetary limitations, and a lack of real starlets already in the Academy pipeline when he arrived.

Please reply with a counter this time and not a re-hash of what you originally said.
the idea of the "trading up" is noble, but chaotic, since you can end up all too often on the losing end. unless you are arsene wenger, more of then not you will get it wrong. by and large when look for the bargain type players you're are more likely to get wrong, sometimes it must be approached with the "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" mentality. for me the barry/alonso saga stands to mind. Maybe more faith im the players. he approached it in an almost helter skelter way, when makye a key one siging here/thre apparach could have helped

he was almost too quick to get rid of failing player, only to then enter the market for another 7-10 million signing where you dont quite know when its gonna pay off. His failure to hang on to certain players has hurt them. Im not sure he could have dont much more to hold on to crouch, but to allow arbeloa to go, was a little foolhardy. and the way he dealt with keane was a little ridiculous, ok he was a player he didnt particularly want, but if funs are that limited you have to work harder with what you have got, and i dont feel he worked hard enough to make it work with keane
And things like falling out with his assistant paco ayesterian (sorry if ive spelt that wrong.) and other needless distractions, havent helped him, when you're failing in certain, you dont draw attention to yourself, and place yourself under more scrutiny.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Well, Arbeloa had a year left on his contract, and with Johnson joining he wanted out. Rafa wanted to keep him. Bellamy had the bust up with Riise and he got rid of Bellamy instead of Riise, also needed to because of the incoming Torres. |) Why did you sell Pique and Rossi? ;)
pique wasnt breaking through at the time, and at the time, there was very little chance of him breaking into the strong defensive line up any time soon. but i dont think fergie knew just how good he was. as for rossi dont think he was convinced by rossi, shame i liked him

Last edited:

becuase at the time of Rossi, we had ronaldo, rooney, ruud and saha. The we went on to have Tevez aswell. So rossi Who ;)

Pique i always regret him leaving, but still rio, vidic and evans arent to shabby.

becuase at the time of Rossi, we had ronaldo, rooney, ruud and saha. The we went on to have Tevez aswell. So rossi Who ;)

Pique i always regret him leaving, but still rio, vidic and evans arent to shabby.
Pique was there for the 06/07 season too wasn't he ? If so, that was a time when ruud had left, Saha was injured and Ronaldo was a Winger. Yeah Rossi was there 06,was on loan at Newcastle i believe. ;)

Pique was there for the 06/07 season too wasn't he ? If so, that was a time when ruud had left, Saha was injured and Ronaldo was a Winger. Yeah Rossi was there 06,was on loan at Newcastle i believe. ;)

When Ruud Left Smithy was also there

We where playing 4-3-3 so no need for rossi.

Pique was ou ton loan then i think. Still Evans, rio, vidic still good enough players.

them players left, we had enough cover.

Rafa let Bellamy and crouch go, now he has N'gog covering.

yeah, he was at newcastle till janurary, then went to parma

When Ruud Left Smithy was also there

We where playing 4-3-3 so no need for rossi.

Pique was ou ton loan then i think. Still Evans, rio, vidic still good enough players.

them players left, we had enough cover.

Rafa let Bellamy and crouch go, now he has N'gog covering.
Crouch wanted to leave for first team football. It is Rafa's fault for not buying an adequate replacement (excluding Keane) though. Also, Evans was on loan that year too :D Aha

But now Bellamy would play on the left and he's IMO better than Babel :S Why did he then sell Riise?

Crouch wanted to leave for first team football. It is Rafa's fault for not buying an adequate replacement (excluding Keane) though. Also, Evans was on loan that year too :D Aha

evans only went on loan from january that year. aha. once we where fine, we held onto him until we didnt need him no more.

But now Bellamy would play on the left and he's IMO better than Babel :S Why did he then sell Riise?
Because from 06/07 onwards Riise was a liability. Only performed against the bigger teams. Like keeping Ronaldo quiet. I don't agree with him selling Bellamy, he was coming into great form, though Babel is a better prospect :/

Riise peaked early and Rafa decided to cash in on him. Good business if you ask me.

we had vidic rio brown and o'shea, plus "agent" silvestre.

To all of you asking why Bellamy was sold; he was sold to fund some of the transfer for a certain Fernando Torres.

I think I know who I'd rather have.

To all of you asking why Bellamy was sold; he was sold to fund some of the transfer for a certain Fernando Torres.

I think I know who I'd rather have.
i dont like him, torres is far too good at what he does. miss half the season and scores 18 goals, how dare he be so good

as a man utd fan you should want him to say, I want him to stay as an Everton fan, reason is that Liverpool will never win the premiership with Rafa, never, not even if they have Man City type of money to spend, all that would do is expose Rafa's poor choice in signing.
Then he would show off his ability to destroy players careers, I want him to stay, IN RAFA I TRUST (to keep Liverpool under achieving :))

Typical bitter, no offense.

I don't think we're underachieving at all. When Benitez took over we hadn't won anything for 4-5 years bar the worthless cup. Benitez then brought us the champions league, the super cup, the FA Cup, and one of the best seasons we've ever had in the Premier League. I say keep rafa, see what he produces next year. If it's poor again then get rid of him.

Typical bitter, no offense.

I don't think we're underachieving at all. When Benitez took over we hadn't won anything for 4-5 years bar the worthless cup. Benitez then brought us the champions league, the super cup, the FA Cup, and one of the best seasons we've ever had in the Premier League. I say keep rafa, see what he produces next year. If it's poor again then get rid of him.

Sorry i thought you won the Fa cup under Houllier and the Uefa cup. and finished 4th in his last season in charge.

Sorry You Fluked( and make ni mistkae about it) the champs league, Relied on a certain Gerrard moment to win the FA cup, and your saying we love you rafa. Get a grip. 2nd in the league once in 6 years, is awful,, Last season was the closest you have got to winning the league and you still couldnt do it then.

Sorry i thought you won the Fa cup under Houllier and the Uefa cup. and finished 4th in his last season in charge.

Sorry You Fluked( and make ni mistkae about it) the champs league, Relied on a certain Gerrard moment to win the FA cup, and your saying we love you rafa. Get a grip. 2nd in the league once in 6 years, is awful,, Last season was the closest you have got to winning the league and you still couldnt do it then.
Talking about Flukes. Really? Man Utd....
Also, any other season where we finsished on 86P (which is the highest Chelsea can achieve this season) would of won us the league pretty much. Awfully unlucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back