Benitez ready to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should stay with Liverpool and cause irreparable damage. LOL. Cesare Prandelli to Juve..

get Hodgson in, sell Torres, buy Zamora, Hangeland and Gera. success!

People forget this is his really first poor season, where nothing's gone right. Anyone remember Fergusons fist year? When he almost got sacked? No?, thought not.

I don't think he'll leave.

I just cannot see him leaving Liverpool after one poor season. If everyone was sacked after one below par season would people such as Ferguson and Wenger still be managers?

Torres to go to man city ? ***** why would he leave liverpool ,if he wanted trophy's , to go to man city who dont win any lol

City are more likely to win a trophy n the future than City, I think Torres might end up going, great players need to be remembered and Torres has only won a European Championship, he needs to be at a club who will win trophies.

From all Utd fans, pleeeeease stay!

In Rafa we trust (6)

People forget this is his really first poor season, where nothing's gone right. Anyone remember Fergusons fist year? When he almost got sacked? No?, thought not.

this what Rafas 6th year in charge, and you are where he started, if not worse. so whats your point.

exactly he's complaing about how the squad needs 5 players, and how the squad needs major investment hes spent 230 million and this is how:

Aquilani may not cost 17 M, Maxi was free, Leto was sold because couldn't get a work permit.He has made good signings, Arbeloa, Torres, Bellamy,Reina,Garcia, Benayoun. Etc, all clubs make bad signings, it's inebitable

no one disputes that you cant always get it right, but he had made too many. the rotation of players in and out is ridiculous. he has got it wrong too many times. but yet he doesnt acknowledge this, or the miskates he's made he blames everyone else but he must shoulder his part

This whole Rafa is quitting/getting sacked thing is a bit ridiculous. Before the Chelsea game there was a lot of reports saying he was leaving on the Sunday. But when that didn't happen the journalists (and the readers) decided to just ignore it and then read the next batch of quitting/sacking articles.

It's all a bit 2+2=5 at the moment. Unless it's a statement from a named source within the club then there's no point giving these articles the time of day.

no one disputes that you cant always get it right, but he had made too many. the rotation of players in and out is ridiculous. he has got it wrong too many times. but yet he doesnt acknowledge this, or the miskates he's made he blames everyone else but he must shoulder his part

I was going to respond to this post and then remembered somebody else even written an article on it. So please go and read this and be thankful he's saved you from the insults I would of dished out.

I like Rafa, he's quite amusing but come off it, hr has sold decent players and hasn't sufficiently replaced them.

As well as the constant speculation about the future of Benitez, Gerrard and Torres, this is a problem as well. "The Liverpool manager has been given until Monday to accept an offer of a four-year, £16 million contract". Now im not being funny or bashing the club but why are we offering another contract worth 16 million? If Rafa really wanted investment he would be saying, forget offering me another 16 million put the 16 million into my transfer budget.

As well as the constant speculation about the future of Benitez, Gerrard and Torres, this is a problem as well. "The Liverpool manager has been given until Monday to accept an offer of a four-year, £16 million contract". Now im not being funny or bashing the club but why are we offering another contract worth 16 million? If Rafa really wanted investment he would be saying, forget offering me another 16 million put the 16 million into my transfer budget.

Juventus offered the contract. Muppet.

This whole Rafa is quitting/getting sacked thing is a bit ridiculous. Before the Chelsea game there was a lot of reports saying he was leaving on the Sunday. But when that didn't happen the journalists (and the readers) decided to just ignore it and then read the next batch of quitting/sacking articles.

It's all a bit 2+2=5 at the moment. Unless it's a statement from a named source within the club then there's no point giving these articles the time of day.

I was going to respond to this post and then remembered somebody else even written an article on it. So please go and read this and be thankful he's saved you from the insults I would of dished out.
so if you hadnt have had that article you would have just replied with insults, rather than a counter argument. Interesting...

I'm well aware of the players he has brought in and i never subscribed to the school of hes only bought three good players, my point , and the reason i post the transfers is that too many players have rotated through the doors, and that is always going to hamper you long term, and to highlight the fact that he has had no money to spend is a bit of a fallacy. benitez has always been a open target for the media, who bait him and every turn, but he is not utterly blameless. if you want to offer a counter argument, go ahead by all mean im just stating my opinion, i never said i was right. if you just want to threaten to insult me again, not interested

Torres isn't going to leave and if he does £70M is a tidy sum to buy a player like Benzema or Higuain

Benzema will want to prove his worth at Real before he could consider leaving and I doubt Higauin would leave the Bernabeu just yet after a good season with them,despite being overshadowed by Ronaldo.

so if you hadnt have had that article you would have just replied with insults, rather than a counter argument. Interesting...

I'm well aware of the players he has brought in and i never subscribed to the school of hes only bought three good players, my point , and the reason i post the transfers is that too many players have rotated through the doors, and that is always going to hamper you long term, and to highlight the fact that he has had no money to spend is a bit of a fallacy. benitez has always been a open target for the media, who bait him and every turn, but he is not utterly blameless. if you want to offer a counter argument, go ahead by all mean im just stating my opinion, i never said i was right. if you just want to threaten to insult me again, not interested

I didn't say I would just insult you, they'd of been thrown in with the counter argument. Anyway here it is (Which you should recognise if you actually read the article in full):

If there is one criticism that is harder to counter it’s the sheer turnover of players at Liverpool. There are reasons for this, as I will explain, but not everyone will appreciate or accept those explanations.

A lot of the turnover has been due to a need to ‘trade up’. For someone accused of persisting with certain individuals who are struggling, Benítez is ruthless when it comes to those who, once he’s seen them at close quarters, lack what he’s after. It’s led to a large number of purchases and sales, and in some ways that might not be helpful, but the alternative would have been getting an abnormally large number of cheap signings spot-on, and making no mistakes whatsoever at the top end of the market (again, unrealistic).

If he sticks with someone, it’s because he believes they can make the grade; plenty of others have found themselves quickly spinning out through the revolving door, so it’s not like Benítez is sentimental. At times it’s seemed a little chaotic, especially with those brought into the reserves – too many average players were scouted. But again, a good deal of this comes back to budgetary limitations, and a lack of real starlets already in the Academy pipeline when he arrived.

Please reply with a counter this time and not a re-hash of what you originally said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back