Benitez's Hillsborough donation

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good of him to give away £96,000 of his 6m pay off . Well done Rafa.

It's more than any of us have given, FULL respect to Benítez! May God shower him with blessings in both his public and private relations in the future. (A)

Fair play to the man, he's had a bit of respect from me for a while (mainly from overturning the 3-0 deficit in the 2005 CL Final) but this is just wonderful.

He could so easily have been petty and selfish, but regardless of his pay packet this marks him out as a good man.

Really good of him to give away £96,000 of his 6m pay off . Well done Rafa.

When You Give 96K In One Pop, Then Criticise him (A)
Fair Play To The Man, earned My Respect 100%
Hopefully Other Players and Managers Will Take A Leaf Out Of His Book.

Just Out Of Curiousity, Did ANYBODY from football donate to haiti (i know its in the past-ish but im just wondering)

Just Out Of Curiousity, Did ANYBODY from football donate to haiti (i know its in the past-ish but im just wondering)

If they did, they kept it quiet - like most charitable donations. Usually you only see charity work in the press if its intended to publicise the charity's work. This only got out because HSFG were determined to publicise it. Rafa's basically guaranteed them full funding for several years with this one gift - they wanted to make sure he got the public recognition for it this time.

If they did, they kept it quiet - like most charitable donations. Usually you only see charity work in the press if its intended to publicise the charity's work. This only got out because HSFG were determined to publicise it. Rafa's basically guaranteed them full funding for several years with this one gift - they wanted to make sure he got the public recognition for it this time.

And i Think Rafa Deserves Public Recognition For This. He's gotten Some Stick Over The Last Year Or Two, The Whole Footballing Community Has, But This Does Prove (even Though it is only a small portion of what he earns) that some if not most footballers/managers dont just blow all their money on rubbish. 96K is a **** of a lot of money for ANY charity (A)

It's more than any of us have given, FULL respect to Benítez! May God shower him with blessings in both his public and private relations in the future. (A)
Are any of us multi millionaire's? Silly statement really,off course its more than we have given,its more than we can afford.

Im simply making the point that he had just walked off with 6 million pounds of Liverpools money then walked straight into another high profile and highly paid job.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

When You Give 96K In One Pop, Then Criticise him (A)
Fair Play To The Man, earned My Respect 100%
Hopefully Other Players and Managers Will Take A Leaf Out Of His Book.

When i get his money i might.

Sure he could've donated more, but also could've donated nothing, and personally handing over a cheque of £1000 for every victim of the Hillsborough disaster is a great gesture from a great man.

Sure he could've donated more, but also could've donated nothing, and personally handing over a cheque of £1000 for every victim of the Hillsborough disaster is a great gesture from a great man.
Im not saying its not a good gesture,of course it is.

Some money is better than no money, but considering the pay off he has had from Liverpool, I expected something a bit more, personally.

Still, all in all, a nice gesture.

Some money is better than no money, but considering the pay off he has had from Liverpool, I expected something a bit more, personally.

Still, all in all, a nice gesture.

Maybe but he has settled for 6M rather than pushing the club to pay 16M, thats a nice gesture tbh..

Maybe but he has settled for 6M rather than pushing the club to pay 16M, thats a nice gesture tbh..
If the club had given him the 16 million he wouldn't of been able to take the Inter job unless he gave the money back. A deal was struck so he could take another job and keep his pay off. So there was give and take on both sides.

If the club had given him the 16 million he wouldn't of been able to take the Inter job unless he gave the money back. A deal was struck so he could take another job and keep his pay off. So there was give and take on both sides.

Oh is it.. I didnt know this.. Then its a Win Win situation for Liverpool and Rafa.

It's not always as it seems.

If he had taken the 16mill he wouldnt have got the Inter Job.

Are any of us multi millionaire's? Silly statement really,off course its more than we have given,its more than we can afford.

Im simply making the point that he had just walked off with 6 million pounds of Liverpools money then walked straight into another high profile and highly paid job.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

When i get his money i might.
you are just an absolute ****. i bet that you havent donated 96p of your money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back