Benitez's Hillsborough donation

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
well played Mr. Benitez. My respect for you has just increased a great deal.
I like how he's donated a figure that represents the cause ie. £96000 for 96 dead - £1000 a person.

Also i think it shows how much he truly loves the club.

YNWA Benitez.

Has he ever earnt £6mill in one go? Didn't think so.

Mute point.

Oh so it works in ratio's now? So if I earned £100 one week, and 5% went to charity then I would give £5. But if someone earned £1,000, they should give £500?

This is a great thing to do, and there are idiots out there saying he should've given more. What must Benitez think when he sees remarks like these?

Oh so it works in ratio's now? So if I earned £100 one week, and 5% went to charity then I would give £5. But if someone earned £1,000, they should give £500?

This is a great thing to do, and there are idiots out there saying he should've given more. What must Benitez think when he sees remarks like these?

Sorry but if Rafa is on an FM forum, Inter are ******

How does 5% of £1000 equal £500? :S

Of course I have more repect for someone who pays a higher percentage of their earnings to charity, it will affect someone alot more who is earning £20k a year who give £500, than someone who earns £2m+, and donates £96k.

How does 5% of £1000 equal £500? :S

Of course I have more repect for someone who pays a higher percentage of their earnings to charity, it will affect someone alot more who is earning £20k a year who give £500, than someone who earns £2m+, and donates £96k.

Dunc has a point but im sure the hillsborough charity are pleased with that sum of money they received from Benitez think about it he could have not given anything and left for Inter (A)

Dunc has a point but im sure the hillsborough charity are pleased with that sum of money they received from Benitez think about it he could have not given anything and left for Inter (A)

I did previously say I thought it was a good gesture, I still do, but there is no point making him out to be the second coming of Jesus.

Going over old ground here. Everyone on this thread had said it was a kind gesture by Rafa. There is nothing to argue about. Me and a few others meerly pointed out that Rafa had just walked off with 6 mil of Liverpools money and donating 96 grand is about the equivalent of someone on a modest wage donating twenty quid.

However Rafa didn't have to donate that money,plenty of richer people than him donate **** all to charity im sure,and the 96 grand will make a great deal of difference to a very worthy cause.

So well done Rafa. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back