Benitez's Hillsborough donation

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are just an absolute ****. i bet that you havent donated 96p of your money
For your infomation i have 3 direct debits that take money out of my account every month and it goes to 3 different charities. You know **** all about me so think first before making a statement about me you ******* ****.

Last edited:
Why should benitez donate 96grand. he did it out of generosity and u get idiots like him slating him for not giving more. un-grateful ******

I am sure JP already donates to a charity, one that actually means something to him, don't come on here acting like you know everything.

So how much have you donated, personally, to the Hillsbrough fund?

I am sure JP already donates to a charity, one that actually means something to him, don't come on here acting like you know everything.

So how much have you donated, personally, to the Hillsbrough fund?
Just as a side note also... How much has he donated to this site?? :P

It's more than any of us have given, FULL respect to Benítez! May God shower him with blessings in both his public and private relations in the future. (A)

o god smite you with all his power to keep your religon out of fm base

but yeah hes a nice guy rafa

£96,000 is a generous donation, regardless of the size of his pay-off from Liverpool.

Respect to Rafa.

£96,000 is alot of money regardless of how much you earn, I've gained alot of respect for Rafa as he could've easily donated nothing and noboday would've batted an eye lid.

He's a good person, it isnt something no-one new. He's one of the few managers I find genuine.

96k is going to keep them funded for a while now, good on him.

For your infomation i have 3 direct debits that take money out of my account every month and it goes to 3 different charities. You no **** all about me so think first before making a statement about me you ******* ****.

Out of curiosity, have you ever donated 96 grand in one go? Didn't think so.

Out of curiosity, have you ever donated 96 grand in one go? Didn't think so.

Wow. Awful attempt at trying to make a point.

JP has clearly said it's a nice thing to do, but he also correctly pointed out that Rafa donating less than 100k as he did is like regular people donated a relative small sum. That is all.

Wow. Awful attempt at trying to make a point.

JP has clearly said it's a nice thing to do, but he also correctly pointed out that Rafa donating less than 100k as he did is like regular people donated a relative small sum. That is all.

Stll 96k is no regular amount, there is plenty of people in the world on more or similar money to Rafa, who havent donated anywhere near that amount.

Great effort Mr Benitez

Always though Rafa was a genuine guy :D

he may have done a very good thing, but that doesn't make up for all of the mistakes (which there were a lot!) he made at liverpool, may be biased as a chelsea fan though!!!!!

Stll 96k is no regular amount, there is plenty of people in the world on more or similar money to Rafa, who havent donated anywhere near that amount.

How do you know that? I am sure most, if not all, people with alot of money will give some to charity, at some point.

Not that I am arguing it's a nice gesture, but it's not like he is the first rich person to ever donate to charities.

Former LFC manager Rafa Benitez donates “significant” amount to Liverpool’s Lily Centre

THE co-founder of Liverpool’s Lily Centre today admitted she was “overwhelmed” after receiving a “significant” donation from Rafa Benitez.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who on Thursday gave £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group, yesterday helped another charity he holds close to his heart.

Though co-founder Peggy O’Brien would not disclose the amount on the cheque Benitez wrote, she revealed it would go a long way to helping the day-to-day running of The Lily Centre – a breast cancer support group – for a considerable time.

Mrs O’Brien said: “It was an absolutely fantastic gesture and we are all over the moon – it was completely overwhelming.

“We have known Rafa and [his wife] Montse for a long time but we did not expect this at all. You just do not expect people to give you money like that.

“Rafa and Montse have been good to us in the past and they did things that people would not know about, such as when he gave us Fernando Torres’ first Liverpool shirt for a raffle, which raised £4,900.

“But this just came completely out of the blue. We know they are moving on because Rafa has changed jobs, but we will keep in contact with them.”

Mrs O’Brien and Winnie Keating set up the Lily Centre, which is based in Silvester Street, Kirkdale, 11 years ago.

They now have 750 female volunteers and two men helping them when they open every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mrs O’Brien said: “This gesture will just help make things that bit easier for us and helps with the cost of running the centre.

“We do not get any government funding and we do not have any paid workers. Myself and Winnie both had breast cancer and we started this off from nothing.

“Everything is done on a volunteer basis and we cannot thank Rafa and Montse enough for helping us.

“They have supported us ever since they came to Liverpool in 2004 and there is no doubt they will remain our friends.”

He might not be the first rich person to of given to charity, but to be fair after all the **** he was put through at Liverpool with Hicks and Gillett, aka twats, it's a very kind gesture.

he may have done a very good thing, but that doesn't make up for all of the mistakes (which there were a lot!) he made at liverpool, may be biased as a chelsea fan though!!!!!
stupid comment, giving money to charity is way more important than football

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back