Berbatov vows to stay at Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov rubbishes rumours he will leave the club this summer, saying he "will fight to stay" at Old Trafford.

More...

i want him to stay, utd would be stupid to keep him they should get what they can for him now but personaly i would love to see him stay.

Being Bulgarian I have almost blindly supported and defended him, but he just doesn't fit the current system in United. He has showed his ability in certain games, but he has been a flop in important matches. I am still dumbfounded, because at Tottenham he always performed on big ocassions.

Being Bulgarian I have almost blindly supported and defended him, but he just doesn't fit the current system in United. He has showed his ability in certain games, but he has been a flop in important matches. I am still dumbfounded, because at Tottenham he always performed on big ocassions.

totaly agree with ya mate, he was a class act at tottenham. personaly i belive he is better when his the big fish in a little pond type of player.

He retired from International football yesterday so I guess it was to concentrate on Utd

He retired from International football yesterday so I guess it was to concentrate on Utd

did he really? well lets be honest its cant be that hard playing for both seriously.

He got his big move and he has been found wanting and I'm glad Spurs got the sort of money they did for him. With that sort of desperate statement then he knows he is on his way out of Fergusons plans for next season.

i love Berbatov, class player, just needs time to settle, look at Veron, Forlan, (also went on to be La Liga's top goalscorer in his 1st season there)
Ferguson needs to change the setup to get the best out of him, Rooney can play anywhere and do well, Berbatov needs to be a good old Cf (well with his insane skill and touch, he just needs to stay up front and wait for the ball) and Rooney needs to come from deep and run around the pitch playing little one two's with him and linkign up properly

i love Berbatov, class player, just needs time to settle, look at Veron, Forlan, (also went on to be La Liga's top goalscorer in his 1st season there)
Ferguson needs to change the setup to get the best out of him, Rooney can play anywhere and do well, Berbatov needs to be a good old Cf (well with his insane skill and touch, he just needs to stay up front and wait for the ball) and Rooney needs to come from deep and run around the pitch playing little one two's with him and linkign up properly

so your saying you would rather rooney go back to the role he had when ronaldo was at utd just because of berbatov??

hmmmmmmmmmm, yes :D we all know what Berbatov can do, we all know what Rooney can do, put them together and magic :S (i know he is playing well now, but would you rather have Rooney scoring +35 goals a season and having the team "built" around him (like Ronaldo and leaving everyone else to play around him etc and neglect the rest of the sqaud) or would you have Rooney and Berbatov scoring +20-25 goals a season)

Football is a team game, there is no I in Football :P

so your saying you would rather rooney go back to the role he had when ronaldo was at utd just because of berbatov??

You mean the role where we won the champs league and the league in same season?

yes but thats when you had ronaldo and rooney and tbh berbatov is no ronaldo

He is not being asked to be, Rooney did as much to be part of that season as Ronaldo, Just cause Ronaldo finished and scored most the goals, Berba can quite easily score goals in the right set up, he still got what 13 league goals this year( i think). not a bad return considering, he didnt start every game, and he was playing a different role to his best.

I hate to be biased here, but man utd have really missed tevez and berbatov needs to step into his shoes, give the man time, and he will get better

Berba's got 12 goals this season along side 'own goals' who also has 12.

Isn't he 29? So in theory his peak was at Spurs, keep him for another year or two and his price will drop insanely

Isn't he 29? So in theory his peak was at Spurs, keep him for another year or two and his price will drop insanely

We would be lucky to get 15 for him now, there is no point is selling him. as it would cost more then 15 to buy someone as god as him, so to buy better would cost double that.

We would be lucky to get 15 for him now, there is no point is selling him. as it would cost more then 15 to buy someone as god as him, so to buy better would cost double that.
I don't think so, there's good out there, just takes good scouts. Like in America's

I don't think so, there's good out there, just takes good scouts. Like in America's

S your saying lets sell an established name, and take a risk on a player from South America, Who will need to adapt, maybe learn the language, and probaly be very young.

Hasn't lived up to his price tag and it's getting embarrassing calling him a striker. If he stays, I hope he improves dramatically.

Back