Berbatov vows to stay at Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 4K
lol actually yeah not (shocking miss in the cup) but you know what i mean fluidity. cheleas have it. we've lost that unpredictability that made us so dangerous

Yeah, well Ronaldo, unpredictable or not, is near-unstoppable, and Tevez... Seems to have that natural striker's luck to him - right place, right time, always seemed to score for you exactly when you needed a goal

Yeah, well Ronaldo, unpredictable or not, is near-unstoppable, and Tevez... Seems to have that natural striker's luck to him - right place, right time, always seemed to score for you exactly when you needed a goal
exaclty my point its not number of goals, but thet manner of the goals, i.e how we actually attack a teamand without them the way we attack is limited. if one of our magic triangle was struggling in the game it didt hurt us too much cos the other two cold take advantage. this season its not the case

exaclty my point its not number of goals, but thet manner of the goals, i.e how we actually attack a teamand without them the way we attack is limited. if one of our magic triangle was struggling in the game it didt hurt us too much cos the other two cold take advantage. this season its not the case

This season the magic triangle, as it were, is almost all gone - only one corner of that triangle is left, and lets be honest, when Rooney struggles, United usually struggle as well.

exactly last year, you had to stop rooney ronaldo and tevez.and if you were good enough to stop all three you deserved to win the game imo.

no its not the diffence between anelka and berbatov is tha we lack the players to take adavantage of that space, last year we had ronaldo and tevez doing it. this year, no one really apart from rooney. nani and valenica are not finishers. on the other hand chelsea have lampard, drogba, malouda, kalou. chelsea are very fluid in attack which helps anelka's kind of play, we have lost that fluiidity that helps dimi. valenica doesnt peel in off the winger and exploit it too mich because he has a rubbish left foot. none of our CMs push through and attack through the middle like lampard, or even joe cole can.

creating space like berbs does counts for nothing if you dont have the players to exploit

i know you're chelsea fan but you go round like chelsea players are all brilliant and can do no wrong, its kinda boring and not even true

your a utd fan and im a chelsea fan so anyone would say we are biased but you have to look at the facts, anelka cost us half what berba cost you and does the same if not more than what he does for you. scores more and makes more goals and that is a fact. i belive utd fans just find any excuse to stick up for alex ferguson and its bad. just admit when his signed the wrong player its not hard, ill name some that jose signed parker, ben-haim, sidwell, kezman, shevchenko(although i belive he was signed by roman) its not hard, no matter how good the manager is he still makes mistakes.

your a utd fan and im a chelsea fan so anyone would say we are biased but you have to look at the facts, anelka cost us half what berba cost you and does the same if not more than what he does for you. scores more and makes more goals and that is a fact. i belive utd fans just find any excuse to stick up for alex ferguson and its bad. just admit when his signed the wrong player its not hard, ill name some that jose signed parker, ben-haim, sidwell, kezman, shevchenko(although i belive he was signed by roman) its not hard, no matter how good the manager is he still makes mistakes.

The thing is Berbatov isn't a bad signing he just doesn't fit into the formation he is suited playing with a partner upfront but SAF plays with just one upfront. If we where to play a 4-4-2 with him and rooney upfront wth valencia and say nani we would se more out of berbatov

The thing is Berbatov isn't a bad signing he just doesn't fit into the formation he is suited playing with a partner upfront but SAF plays with just one upfront. If we where to play a 4-4-2 with him and rooney upfront wth valencia and say nani we would se more out of berbatov

but lets be honest rooney has learned how to play the lone roll now and looks more deady than ever, why try and ruin that just because of berba. look im not against him as a player i thought he was different class at spuds and leverkusen. im just saying watching him play for utd makes me laugh no lie, every time he gets the ball i just laugh and i know loads of people that feel the same way. its just normaly utd fans that feel differently.

but lets be honest rooney has learned how to play the lone roll now and looks more deady than ever, why try and ruin that just because of berba. look im not against him as a player i thought he was different class at spuds and leverkusen. im just saying watching him play for utd makes me laugh no lie, every time he gets the ball i just laugh and i know loads of people that feel the same way. its just normaly utd fans that feel differently.

i get your point 100% but rooney is very adaptable unlike berbatov as we saw rooney play what was it left midfield on a couple of occasions last season. And plus who says he forgot how to play with two upfront? Does he not play with a partner for Enlgand? Get my point? It seems a flop of a signing and i agree but at man utd we can still get the best out of him but fergie is to stingie to realise that and tweak his formations

i get your point 100% but rooney is very adaptable unlike berbatov as we saw rooney play what was it left midfield on a couple of occasions last season. And plus who says he forgot how to play with two upfront? Does he not play with a partner for Enlgand? Get my point? It seems a flop of a signing and i agree but at man utd we can still get the best out of him but fergie is to stingie to realise that and tweak his formations

if your a manger and your winning major trophies which utd have been only appart from this season then why would you want to change things. i know rooney is versatile and i love rooney so much its unreal but i want to see him scoring week in week out like he does for utd not possibly changing becaue berba's in the team. i have seen a few times when they are both on the pitch together especially when you played sunderland a few weeks ago when berba missed a few sitter rooneys body language was like oh my god your ****.

It really does annoy me looking at these sort of threads...

it always turns into an irrelevant battle between Chelsea and United, or Liverpool and United.
The thread is about Berbatov, not comparing him to Anelka! Off topic and BORING!

Berbatov is a great player, just hasn't found his feet and is really in the shadow of Rooney and was last season with Ronaldo.
At spurs Berbatov was the star player, where other players worked their **** off the get him the ball so he could put it away, he has gone to a club where no one is aloud to be the star and has to work just as hard as everyone else, which he has struggled with massively!

ANY defender that sees Berbatov on the opposing team sheet will find it intimidating! because of how good of a player he is.

Berbatov clearly from this season is very much a confidence based player, which he has definitely lacked this season.

When he first signed for Spurs, Tottenham played Blues at St Andrews in a pre season friendly as we were in the Championship at the time. I went to the game. Berbatov coming from Bayer Levurkusen where he was on fire before he left "i had heard"
... Dimitar Berbatov scored a hat trick that game, made any Blues player that came near him look pathetic! and scored an absolute STUNNER! i clapped it! i dont do that ever with opposing players!
im pretty sure Matty Upson was still at Blues then just before he left :S dont quote me though.

You dont base a player on a season, you base him on a career, which up until this season, Berbatov has been up there with the elite.

if your a manger and your winning major trophies which utd have been only appart from this season then why would you want to change things. i know rooney is versatile and i love rooney so much its unreal but i want to see him scoring week in week out like he does for utd not possibly changing becaue berba's in the team. i have seen a few times when they are both on the pitch together especially when you played sunderland a few weeks ago when berba missed a few sitter rooneys body language was like oh my god your ****.

i know what you mean but im kind of stuck between two thoughts keep him incase he changes or sell him he is ****. His second season at utd and he is rubbish i feel we need to ship him of and AC milan were rumored interested in him. If i was fergie i would sell him to leave the new manager with less hassle when he eventually takes over. We could have bought tevez for that 30mill but fergie was an idiot and decided not to. he has made some massive blunders and im not going to argue about that i rest my case

i know what you mean but im kind of stuck between two thoughts keep him incase he changes or sell him he is ****. His second season at utd and he is rubbish i feel we need to ship him of and AC milan were rumored interested in him. If i was fergie i would sell him to leave the new manager with less hassle when he eventually takes over. We could have bought tevez for that 30mill but fergie was an idiot and decided not to. he has made some massive blunders and im not going to argue about that i rest my case

i personly belive if you got tevez and sold berba you would have won the league.

i personly belive if you got tevez and sold berba you would have won the league.

thats what i thought aswell and i read the OP and it says "rubbishes rumors he will leave" everyone sys that before being either sold of or leaving so bye bye berba

where have i stuck up for ferguson? you just seeing things and trying to make a factious point. ive merely stated things as i see it. i dont know why you have reeled off a list of bad signings by chelsea, all you are doing is skewing this conversation off topic.

for the record anelka has 11 league goals and 7 assists. berbatov has 12 league goals and 5 assists.

i have stated earlier more than once where the faults lay in united, where we will likely redress them and why we will very likely not sell berbatov. I'm not sure why you even brought chelsea into this in the first place.

and for the record if you read any of my posts on this site, i try to be as unbiased as possible, and im fairly sure i come across as being pretty unbiased, im not sure the same can be said of you

Last edited:
where have i stuck up for ferguson? you just seeing things and trying to make a factious point. ive merely stated things as i see it. i dont know why you have reeled off a list of bad signings by chelsea, all you are doing is skewing this conversation off topic.

for the record anelka has 11 league goals and 7 assists. berbatov has 12 league goals and 5 assists.

i have stated earlier more than once where the faults lay in united, where we will likely redress them and why we will very likely not sell berbatov. I'm not sure why you even brought chelsea into this in the first place.

and for the record if you read any of my posts on this site, i try to be as unbiased as possible, and im fairly sure i come across as being pretty unbiased, im not sure the same can be said of you

everyone who knows me knows im the most unbiased person of all. berba is a woefull signing simple as that. and i mean rank anelka up against berba this season and last seasons stats then you can even start to compare the 2

everyone who knows me knows im the most unbiased person of all. berba is a woefull signing simple as that. and i mean rank anelka up against berba this season and last seasons stats then you can even start to compare the 2
You... Unbiased... Your out of your mind lad. Berbatov is a very good player but doesn't fit into United's style of play, he needs to have the team more or less built around him which at United will never be the case

You... Unbiased... Your out of your mind lad. Berbatov is a very good player but doesn't fit into United's style of play, he needs to have the team more or less built around him which at United will never be the case

i say what i belive simple as that, the same as you would do and everyone else.

i say what i belive simple as that, the same as you would do and everyone else.
again this isnt about anelka its about berbatov. what anelka does has NO bearing on whether berbs stays or goes. so theres no need to talk about anelka or chelsea
hes not been great, but hes not ben the worst sgining he has been a mixed bag, and its very he wont be sold because we still need to add to the squad and he will still have a role to play.

again this isnt about anelka its about berbatov. what anelka does has NO bearing on whether berbs stays or goes. so theres no need to talk about anelka or chelsea
hes not been great, but hes not ben the worst sgining he has been a mixed bag, and its very he wont be sold because we still need to add to the squad and he will still have a role to play.

Agreed. I rather have him in my team than playing against us

I completely agree with you mad sheep. It would be fantastic if we got gourcuff and milner, but I would be the first to say Fergie has made mistakes in signing certain players. He usually gets it right though so I will back whoever comes in this summer.

Berbatov is very frustrating to watch but he is a class act, we've just not got the best out of him yet. I hope he stays and I think he will

Back