Berbatov vows to stay at Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 4K
I hate to be biased here, but man utd have really missed tevez and berbatov needs to step into his shoes, give the man time, and he will get better
what united have missed from tevez ,and ronaldo are not goals, but unpredictabilty and versatility in attack. our attack is very predicatible. last year you could enever know how we would line up we have have tevez rooney ronaldo, but you never knew where on the pitch they would start. and even if you worked it out, they never stayed there during the game, they switche in and out of their magic triangle.

w'eve lost that this season. you hear the team sheet and you can easily guess how we will line up and play
valencia is one sided. owen can only play one positions. nani can play both flanks, but thats useless since valencia can only play one.

who ever we sign, i bet they will be a very versatile attacking player. and we wont sell berbs.

what united have missed from tevez ,and ronaldo are not goals, but unpredictabilty and versatility in attack. our attack is very predicatible. last year you could enever know how we would line up we have have tevez rooney ronaldo, but you never knew where on the pitch they would start. and even if you worked it out, they never stayed there during the game, they switche in and out of their magic triangle.

w'eve lost that this season. you hear the team sheet and you can easily guess how we will line up and play
valencia is one sided. owen can only play one positions. nani can play both flanks, but thats useless since valencia can only play one.

who ever we sign, i bet they will be a very versatile attacking player. and we wont sell berbs.
You are the most unbiased and knowledgeable man utd fan on the forum in these sorts of cases, quite rare to see, I agree on that unpredictability thing, Very hard to know who is going to do what

berbatov plays the same type of roll anelka does at chelsea as the 2nd best striker. and not being biased i know who id rather have in my side. for utd he needs to go, for everyone else he needs to stay simple as that.

berbatov plays the same type of roll anelka does at chelsea as the 2nd best striker. and not being biased i know who id rather have in my side. for utd he needs to go, for everyone else he needs to stay simple as that.
i think its fair to say i know quite a bit more about my club than you do, and im sorry but you're wrong. for utd he needs to stay, we need to go back to the fluidity that we've lost, see what i wrote earlier. we need 1 or 2 versatile attacking players who can play across the flanks and through the middle, and a good finisher, preferably one whos good in the air

I honestly hope he does go. He's had 2 seasons to do his talking on the pitch and has failed miserably, don't get me wrong i could watch his tricks and flicks all day long but we need a striker to partner Rooney not a juggler. 12 goals all season is pathetic for the money we splashed on him, the only way i'd be happy to see him stay is if he started playing AMC, as a striker he sucks.

I love Berbatov but United definately need another striker. Dzeko would be perfect but only at a cut price deal. I'm not even basing it off FM, he's had another very good year. I would have thought United need a playmaker, a Gourcuff of sorts?

I love Berbatov but United definately need another striker. Dzeko would be perfect but only at a cut price deal. I'm not even basing it off FM, he's had another very good year. I would have thought United need a playmaker, a Gourcuff of sorts?
gourcuff is exactly the kind of versatile attacking player we need. we still need berbs, and another striker (whether hernandez will be that striker remains to be seen). all things being ideal. the three players i would want are dzeko, gourcuff and milner

Doubt you'd be able to afford Gourcuff tbh.Bordeaux are certainly in no rush to sell him.

Doubt you'd be able to afford Gourcuff tbh.Bordeaux are certainly in no rush to sell him.
hence why i said all things being ideal. though its not such a far fetched transfer

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

I honestly hope he does go. He's had 2 seasons to do his talking on the pitch and has failed miserably, don't get me wrong i could watch his tricks and flicks all day long but we need a striker to partner Rooney not a juggler. 12 goals all season is pathetic for the money we splashed on him, the only way i'd be happy to see him stay is if he started playing AMC, as a striker he sucks.
he was playing that amc role at times last season, but we longer have the players (ronaldo tevez) to exploit the space he makes

is that the same anelka who scored less league goals then Dimi.

Just to check that out.

I'm not a big fan of Berba as he's a bit of a slouch, but he's a very good player. How anyone can doubt his ability is crazy, he might not of lived up to his price tag but for all you know he could smash in 25 league goals next season and he's then an amazing player again and not a flop.

E.g, Malouda.

I think berbatov has always been more unlucky than bad. He will come out with an amazing run, i can't remember who against, but he beat around 4 players.. then his boot got clipped off when he went through one and one with the keeper... now thats just rediculously unlucky.

I want him to stay, but i don't like seeing SAF start him all the time, if a youngster does well in pre-season.. i want to see him start a few more games :). I want to see Hernandez, Macheda and Will Keane playing a bit of first team next season.

Berbatov is pure class with his touch and skill, I just don't think it is being utilised effectively in the current United setup?

Wouldn't something like the following formation best suit United?

It just gives everyone (except arguably Rooney) their chance to play in their best positions. I put Hargreaves in because I like him, but Scholes could fill the deep lying role just like he has this season.

Evra can get forward, leaving Rooney the ability to move inside, if Evra needs to stay back, Giggs or Rooney can drift to the wing. I just think a fluid, unpredictable style will best suit United, and having Fletcher and Hargreaves in the engine room winning the midfield battle, and sending it up to Berba and his class to control the play and set up Rooney/Giggs/Nani/etc making the runs into the box.

Nani can swap wings and make Giggs drift to the right, playing a lot like the Ronaldo/Giggs switch up combo.

Any critique on this idea? I think it is how Berbatov needs to be played - in his natural postion, where he was successful at Spurs.

So you would drop Valencia, who has been arguably you're second best player

I like Valencia and he has been a great player, that is a good point to mention. But I couldn't think of a way to get him into that squad I drew up! Just an idea I had to see how it went :)

anelka brings much much much more to the team than berba and thats a fact.
no its not the diffence between anelka and berbatov is tha we lack the players to take adavantage of that space, last year we had ronaldo and tevez doing it. this year, no one really apart from rooney. nani and valenica are not finishers. on the other hand chelsea have lampard, drogba, malouda, kalou. chelsea are very fluid in attack which helps anelka's kind of play, we have lost that fluiidity that helps dimi. valenica doesnt peel in off the winger and exploit it too mich because he has a rubbish left foot. none of our CMs push through and attack through the middle like lampard, or even joe cole can.

creating space like berbs does counts for nothing if you dont have the players to exploit

i know you're chelsea fan but you go round like chelsea players are all brilliant and can do no wrong, its kinda boring and not even true

anelka brings much much much more to the team than berba and thats a fact.
It's not a fact, it's an opinion.

Berba has more goals, Anelka has more assists. It's on par.

Berbatov is pure class with his touch and skill, I just don't think it is being utilised effectively in the current United setup?

Wouldn't something like the following formation best suit United?

It just gives everyone (except arguably Rooney) their chance to play in their best positions. I put Hargreaves in because I like him, but Scholes could fill the deep lying role just like he has this season.

Evra can get forward, leaving Rooney the ability to move inside, if Evra needs to stay back, Giggs or Rooney can drift to the wing. I just think a fluid, unpredictable style will best suit United, and having Fletcher and Hargreaves in the engine room winning the midfield battle, and sending it up to Berba and his class to control the play and set up Rooney/Giggs/Nani/etc making the runs into the box.

Nani can swap wings and make Giggs drift to the right, playing a lot like the Ronaldo/Giggs switch up combo.

Any critique on this idea? I think it is how Berbatov needs to be played - in his natural postion, where he was successful at Spurs.
youve been reading on zona mista? agreed it would work very well with united. we've acutally played like that a few times this season (but with differing personell)

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Ignore Kalou, he's a shitehouse.
lol actually yeah not (shocking miss in the cup) but you know what i mean fluidity. cheleas have it. we've lost that unpredictability that made us so dangerous

Back