Berbatov vows to stay at Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 4K
im just saying, if this was a few years ago and this thread was on shevchenko and i was saying we should keep him im pretty sure you would be saying what im saying about berba.

i wouldn't. but i love shevchenko. He just didn't settle in the english game, which cannot be said about Berba because he was so good at spurs

i wouldn't. but i love shevchenko. He just didn't settle in the english game, which cannot be said about Berba because he was so good at spurs

yer thats exacly my point, its not if berba had to get used to the english game because he done that at spurs, so i belive theirs no explination appart from he isent good enough for man utd.

Best news ive herd this week. Utd will be lucky to get 15m for him now.

I think what CJacko is trying to say is that you lot keep defending Fergie even though deep down you know it was a mistake. If Fergie knew what type of a player he is then surely he would of realised that there would be trouble getting him into the system United play? It was a gamble, well a big gamble at 30M and so far it has backfired. We'll see what he does next season but personally I think he will be gone in the summer. United will probably do a Tevez and sign another striker which will effectively signal the end for Berba.

I like how United fans are defending Berba's signing but are quick to point out how much of a flop Aquilani has been.

It's gotta be difficult going into a Liverpool team that has struggled so much this season. I rate Aquilani and thought it was a great signing at the time, but they lost Xabi Alonso so he had some big shoes to fill straight away.

I don't remember many people predicting that berba would be such a flop when we bought him. I would personally give him one more season, but I hope we bring another forward in. Fergie does make some strange decisions. I remember him saying that owen and rooney were not suited to playing in the same team, which I think is absurd! In the euro's in Portugal they looked great together

I think what CJacko is trying to say is that you lot keep defending Fergie even though deep down you know it was a mistake. If Fergie knew what type of a player he is then surely he would of realised that there would be trouble getting him into the system United play? It was a gamble, well a big gamble at 30M and so far it has backfired. We'll see what he does next season but personally I think he will be gone in the summer. United will probably do a Tevez and sign another striker which will effectively signal the end for Berba.

I like how United fans are defending Berba's signing but are quick to point out how much of a flop Aquilani has been.

Berba 2 season ago now, when he first joined utd, wasnt that bad, he was surrounded by Pace and direct players like Ronaldo and Tevez, he could play just behind them, and thread them in, His touch was and still remains better then any Premiership player, His vision and ablity to play the simple and safe ball is awesome.

Last season, he was instructed to play a different role, he was trying to play as a target man for rooney, which he isnt strong enough, committed enough or just able to to.

That point abut aqualani is irrevelant, it is like saying Chelsea fans are quick to critize city, but defend Roman.

Or your able to defend the signing of sheva, SWP but critize Berba and Anderson.

thats just rivalary, i am pretty sure liverpool fans defend aquallini and have a go at berba

but no one has defended fergie here. everyone has said we paid too much when he bought a player who doesnt fit into our system. but we wont sell him because we are already light up front. he linked very well last year with the players we had, bu chainging our sysem again has lefdt him sruggling again.

Last edited:
Back