Best 'Defensive Midfielder' in the league 'at the moment' ?

Vote for the best

• Total voters
If we're going by stats, Lucas is currently the best/on-form defensive midfielder in the league.

Also if you go on current stats, marc tierney is the best tackler in the league. Lucas is a very good player but you cant judge everything off stats.

i voted for Tiote because i was scared what he'd to me if I didn't :wub: xoxo

Essien.

If the likes of Sandro and De Jong have been included who have been injured for a while I don't see why Essien shouldn't be.

Essien.

If the likes of Sandro and De Jong have been included who have been injured for a while I don't see why Essien shouldn't be.

More fool you, fool!

Essien.

Sandro was injured over pre season and missed the first 2/3 games...

Also if you go on current stats, marc tierney is the best tackler in the league. Lucas is a very good player but you cant judge everything off stats.

Where did you see that? I'm pretty sure Lucas has a lot more tackles than Tierney.

Lucas <3

Best tackler in the league based off stats, as mentioned. One of the players I trust completely.

Sandro was injured over pre season and missed the first 2/3 games...

He's made two appearances, one being a substitute. If that puts him in contention as being the best defensive midfielder 'at the moment', then ok.

No Mikel?! :O Well, other then, I guess.

Last edited:
De Jong, Parker then Lucas.

Last edited:
Thought Jobi Mikel would have been in there but I guess he hasn't been playing this season. De Jong get's my vote. Not enough 'no nonsense' players anymore.

Lucas has to be up there too & Huddlestone but he isn't getting his game at the moment either :(

He's made two appearances, one being a substitute. If that puts him in contention as being the best defensive midfielder 'at the moment', then ok.

He did state in the OP that it included last season as well, in which Sandro put in some of the finest defensive performances I've ever seen, i.e. AC Milan home and away.

Voted for Lucas, essentially though if a decent player plays for man utd, Liverpool or Arsenal, they will win these polls due to bias.
I'm not voting for our players