• Drogba

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Zola

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Van Nistlerooy

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
P.S. i think your just dissing Cantona coz your a city fan

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

all of them except hasselbaink

Nope, believe me i think many utd players were greats, the likes of andy cole, teddy sheringham, dwight yorke, lee sharpe were amazing players, dont play that card with me dude, and werent you the one who said kris boyd was better than henrik larsson? XD

And i know you cannot compare shearer and cantona by all time goals, but i can compare them by goals per game

Cantona .35 per game
Shearer .5 per game

shearer played 559 to cantana's 172 EPL games so you really can't base it on that joe

i just feel that makes Shearer more of a canidate i feel its kinda hard to name someone the best EPL striker ever with just 172 EPL games.. :S

fair play joe i did say that about boyd but i will stand my ground all the way and i think cantana is the best striker in the EPL

le tissier is my all time favourite player but he wasn't a striker

and if you look at the stats, Rooney has played more games in the EPL than Cantana and has scored more goals per game at such a young age, and if you look at it, the idea of a striker is to score goals, so thats why i feel Shearer is the all time greatest EPL striker as he scored more goals per game than any other real competitor..

he was a treqartestra or however you spell it, he was a forward who sat behind the strikers, pretty much where rooney likes to play, dropping in the hole etc. not an out and out striker but still the best forward to grace planet earth :)

Eddie, you mean CF, thats where Rooney plays, slightly behing the strikers, thats the difference between LF,RF and LW,RW and CF and ST :)

Nope, believe me i think many utd players were greats, the likes of andy cole, teddy sheringham, dwight yorke, lee sharpe were amazing players, dont play that card with me dude, and werent you the one who said kris boyd was better than henrik larsson? XD

And i know you cannot compare shearer and cantona by all time goals, but i can compare them by goals per game

Cantona .35 per game
Shearer .5 per game

Goals per game, Henry's 0.69, definately gets my vote

Thierry Henry for me. He was amazing to watch.

and if you look at the stats, Rooney has played more games in the EPL than Cantana and has scored more goals per game at such a young age, and if you look at it, the idea of a striker is to score goals, so thats why i feel Shearer is the all time greatest EPL striker as he scored more goals per game than any other real competitor..

Henry scored 174 league goals in 254 games at Arsenal a rate of .68 goals per game...Better than Shearer.

Van Nistelrooy also had a better ratio at .63 goals/game.

I know guys but i was only comparing shearer and cantona at that time, im saying shearer because he was in the prem almost his whole career, cantona, henry and van nostrilboy were not

Well if your talking about ratios and stats, check this;

The following has been worked out from stats taken from this season.
1st) Torres: 18 goals in 1,641 minutes = 91.7 minutes per goal
2nd) Rooney: 26 goals in 2,472 minutes = 95.1 minutes per goal
3rd) Drogba: 95.8

It shows that Torres normally scores a goal every 91minutes, basically meaning one goal a match. Rooney scores a goal every 95 minutes(which I suppose is a match considering he plays for united :P). It also shows Drogba getting one goal every 95 minutes. I'm not sure what Alan Sheares goal to minutes played are but I'm sure they won't top Torres' record for this season.

we are talking about of all time though, not this season bro

Did I state that I thought Torres was a contender for the greatest of all time? No. I was sharing some information on people's stats this year, sis.

well this thread is on the best epl striker of all time cousin,

No **** sherlock? Seriously, you should be a detective.

Firstly you were talking about the greatest player of all time in the EPL and were posting stats of goals per game, and then shown Torres' for this season and you start having a go at me? Get out, son, before you make an even more *** of yourself then you already have done. And stop with the 'ghetto' talk, "homie".

Personally, I'd put Carlton Cole for the best EPL striker of all time, because of his incredible 10 goals last campaign.

PS: Ok, before I get slated, this was a joke. Really, I think Cole is a donkey.

It depends what striker your looking for really
,If your looking for out and out goals than I'd have to say Shearer,Owen or Van Nistelrooy
But if you looking for that extra bit of class than I'd say Cantona,Henry or Bergkamp

Back