Best 'Forward' in the league 'at the moment' ?

Vote for the best

• Total voters

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
Definition: 'at the moment' refers to this season and previous season combined.

Vote for who you think is the best overall.

I am voting for Rooney, despite not being a classed as a strictly goalscoring striker, I appreciate the role he plays in the majority of matches and would welcome him to my team.

Expecting Rooney to run away with this one, but I thought I'd create a similar poll for some of the main positions on the pitch.

Rooney for me. Would say David Silva is up there but last season he wasn't as good as he is this so I'll stick with Rooney.

​Bit of bias in there too...

United fans will say Rooney.
Liverpool fans will say Suarez.
City fans will say Aguero
Chelsea fans will say Torres despite being off form.

And fans of other clubs will mention one of the above four.

Rooney. I wouldn't say just best forward he is the best player in the league imo.

Wayne Rooney, his vision, passing, teamwork, determination and ball ability are just incredible.
Would take him for Dundee FC in a 1000th of a heartbeat.

I said Rooney. Derp. Oja is a Chelsea fan aswell and he said Rooney. Herp.

I didn't include Silva in this poll, though I should have.

Am planning one for wide forwards/wingers though, which will have him there.

Gabriel Agbonlahor!

IMO I think that title belongs to David Silva.

Tight one. For me Rooney edges it. He carried team better than anyone. He scores, creates, tracks back, does everything. Wouldn't swap him for anyone in the league.

Tight one. For me Rooney edges it. He carried team better than anyone. He scores, creates, tracks back, does everything. Wouldn't swap him for anyone in the league.

Fair comment. And re the underlined point, we'd say that about Suarez and City would say that about Silva I'm sure.

In all seriousness... Rooney. JUST. Aguero and Suarez were very very close, but while Aguero's a better finisher and Suarez can dribble through brick walls, Rooney combines just about everything.

This'll just turn into a thread of biased views, as Alex pointed out.

Also, I'm annoyed you didn't put N'Gog up there Billy :( Just so I could vote for him, a little mean.

Fair comment. And re the underlined point, we'd say that about Suarez and City would say that about Silva I'm sure.

Yeah probably.

I thought Drogba will be very close to Rooney but he has got no votes. Once again short term memory. If we consider last 5, he is probably the best striker in the league.

In all seriousness... Rooney. JUST. Aguero and Suarez were very very close, but while Aguero's a better finisher and Suarez can dribble through brick walls, Rooney combines just about everything.

I'd put those three very close together. Not sure who the best player in the league is though, any one of those three you mentioned, Modric or Silva.. Probs Silva.

But forwardwise, either Aguero, Suarez or Rooney.

Yeah probably.

I thought Drogba will be very close to Rooney but he has got no votes. Once again short term memory. If we consider last 5, he is probably the best striker in the league.

Notice the title explicitly states 'at the moment' rather than on past form, though. Just take today: Drogs was lethargic and looked off the pace. I think he's on the first steps of the final staircase down.

Notice the title explicitly states 'at the moment' rather than on past form, though. Just take today: Drogs was lethargic and looked off the pace. I think he's on the first steps of the final staircase down.

Even have to consider last season where even when he was not fully fit he was very good.

Yeah misread though.