Best Left back in the world currently????

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 25K

Best leftback in the world currently

• Ashley Cole

Votes: 46 23.4%
  • Patrice Evra

Votes: 94 47.7%
  • Gael Clichy

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Marcelo

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Roberto Carlos

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Nadir Belhadj

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emullio Insua

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Eric Abidal

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Maxwell

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Wayne Bridge

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other(Please State)

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Ok now people may say im abit biased but no, on performances this season ashley cole is just galaxy's away from anyone else. but i will have this up for debate.​

TBF, I think the poll is nonsense.

Insua? Clichy? Not a chance...maybe in 5 years.

Bridge good but not a chance, Carlos now too old, Abidal also cracking on and never been a fan of him.

Maxwell not seen enough of/not making particular waves is he?

Belhadj? lol....why not whack Andrew Taylor and me in there.

Marcelo, not impressed defencively.

Leaves Cole and Evra.

Both good players going forward, good passing nice crossing and Cole seemingly can finish.

But Evra is a better defender.

Evra.

Its only between Cole & Evra. I chose Evra just because he's better going forward :)

Cole has never played consistently enough since moving from the ****....Evra is right up there as - apart from his first bad season - he has got better and better....

However....what about Philip Lahm??? Plays on the left or right and is simply awesome....but that's just my opinion...:D

ps - I'm a Liverpool fan and whoever voted for Insua should be shot!...lol...he has the potential, but cannot be ranked in this vote!! you crazy nutter whoever you are! LOL...

Cole has never played consistently enough since moving from the ****....Evra is right up there as - apart from his first bad season - he has got better and better....

However....what about Philip Lahm??? Plays on the left or right and is simply awesome....but that's just my opinion...:D

Have you watched Cole this season?

Evra gets my vote though. Different class when on top form.

I tried to click for Evra but he is a Manc(6)
So I decided to go for Eric Abidal fallen off a bit in recent season but certainly an unsung hero is Barca and Lyon title winning sides(A)

Lahm.. when he was playing LB :(

Agreed he was awesome, and he is according to FM.

Also where is chiellini, not a natural left back, but can play there and a half decent young defender

are u kidding me?? in terms of cleans sheets and assists and goals scored, Ashley is miles ahead of everyone else. And by the way,evra sucks

Cole for me, however, they are probably the only two full backs in the world that can keep Messi quiet.

Have you watched Cole this season?

Evra gets my vote though. Different class when on top form.

yeah I have and true he has been very good....It was a split decision between him and Lahm, as I said, Evra has been one of the most consistent LB's for a while..... so don't be too angry! Guess my Liverpool blood can't let me give him top spot! hope you understand!

:P

are u kidding me?? in terms of cleans sheets and assists and goals scored, Ashley is miles ahead of everyone else. And by the way,evra sucks

Biased much?
He's the best left back in the world in my opinion.

yeah I have and true he has been very good....It was a split decision between him and Lahm, as I said, Evra has been one of the most consistent LB's for a while..... so don't be too angry! Guess my Liverpool blood can't let me give him top spot! hope you understand!

:P

All you said about Cole was "Cole has never played consistently enough since moving from the ****...."

All you said about Cole was "Cole has never played consistently enough since moving from the ****...."

true but he was carrying an ankle injury only untill the summer just gone when he had surgery on it. plus his been englands number 1 choice so he must of been somewhat good.

Back