Best Left back in the world currently????

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 25K

Best leftback in the world currently

• Ashley Cole

Votes: 46 23.4%
  • Patrice Evra

Votes: 94 47.7%
  • Gael Clichy

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Marcelo

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Roberto Carlos

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Nadir Belhadj

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emullio Insua

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Eric Abidal

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Maxwell

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Wayne Bridge

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other(Please State)

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1) Patrice Evra (he has had some scratchy performances over the past 6 months)
2) Ashley Cole
3) Phillip Lahm (good season with Bayern and great WC)
4) Gareth Bale (not really a Fb though :))
5) Aleksander Koloarov (good season in Serie A with Lazio, shaky start to City though)

Also because there are far more United fans on here compared to the 5 or 6 Chelsea fans.

Ashley Cole has been the best left back in Europe for the past two seasons, I don't see how anyone can dispute that. Before that, for about 2-3 seasons, Evra was a beast and miles ahead of anyone. I feel Cole is way way better defensively than Evra, when Patrice is faced with a good winger he always tends to struggle (Lennon destroyed him). Cole has dealt with the best wingers (Ronaldo on countless occasions, and Messi). I think Evra is better offensively but thats just in his nature. He was a striker as a kid so its understandable. Cole is getting better going forward as our attacking style of play often finds him occupying the left wing spot instead of left back. The amount of ground he covers in each match is astonishing. As I've said before, if you asked me who was better two years ago I would have said Evra without hesitation. He was a country mile ahead of anyone. At this current time and for the past few seasons Ashley has been the best.

To Say there is more United fans to Chelsea fans is a really bad excuse, I Personally Voted for Cole and i know many utd fans who did and agree with me, I think you find the amount of united fans voting for cole will shock you.

I think Cole been better for the best part of a year now.

I know i probaly said Evra earler on in the thread, but i was trolling at this time.

You are saying that Cole's performance for the past 1 season outshines evra's performance for the past 3 seasons? Cole had a great season and he found the net a few times too, but really, you dont have to be a united fan to say evra is by far one of the best defenders.

When did I say Cole's performances for the past 2 seasons have outshone Evra's before that? Cole has played better than Evra for the past two seasons, hence why I think he is currently the best left back.

To Say there is more United fans to Chelsea fans is a really bad excuse, I Personally Voted for Cole and i know many utd fans who did and agree with me, I think you find the amount of united fans voting for cole will shock you.

I wasn't using it as an excuse. Was just pointing out that the ratio of United to Chelsea fans on this site is extremely one sided in favour of United. 8/10 times they would vote for their own player.

I wasn't using it as an excuse. Was just pointing out that the ratio of United to Chelsea fans on this site is extremely one sided in favour of United. 8/10 times they would vote for their own player.

I Think the majority of utd fans probaly voted for Cole, as it is painfully clear Cole is currently the better Left Back. I think Probaly just a many or close to Non United Fans voted for Evra as did, as The Media likes to call him the best in the world a lot of time, Most fans just look oh Evra got in that team of the year and there team of the year, must be good.

I Think the majority of utd fans probaly voted for Cole, as it is painfully clear Cole is currently the better Left Back.

That won't matter as much as you think.

If Assou-Ekotto was in the poll, many Tottenham fans would vote for him.

yeah coentrao did look like a very capable left back, believe it or not i would still have puyol over any one lol, i know he dosnt really play left back, but i have seen him play there before and he was outstanding!

i also think evra and cole are overrated, bastos looks like pure quality too! oh so does marcelo in a couple of years!

yeah coentrao did look like a very capable left back, believe it or not i would still have puyol over any one lol, i know he dosnt really play left back, but i have seen him play there before and he was outstanding!

i also think evra and cole are overrated, bastos looks like pure quality too! oh so does marcelo in a couple of years!

Riiiiiiiiiight ....

What on Earth? You'd have an ageing centre-back over anyone else in the entire world?

I don't see how you can overrate Evra and Cole. Bastos is... not a full back, same goes for Marcelo but to a lesser extent.

Back