Best Left back in the world currently????

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 25K

Best leftback in the world currently

• Ashley Cole

Votes: 46 23.4%
  • Patrice Evra

Votes: 94 47.7%
  • Gael Clichy

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Marcelo

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Roberto Carlos

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Nadir Belhadj

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emullio Insua

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Eric Abidal

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Maxwell

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Wayne Bridge

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other(Please State)

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
now now, lets make sure mr terry doesnt read our comments about cheryl

Evra and Cole are the two best left backs in the world!!! Evra is a little bit better because he plays in the Champions Team!

Ashley Cole - Very good player but a total ***** so no.
Patrice Evra - Very good player aswell but better defensively than cole so he gets the nod.
Gael Clichy - He is a very good left back but isnt the best as some have pointed out tho he performs at a reasonable standard always only plays bad when hes not fully fit. Nani would never rip him or out paced him or get caught being out of position on some occassions yesterday if he was actually fully fit:S so give the guy a break.
Marcelo - No just no.
Roberto Carlos - Was class but thats the past again no.
Nadir Belhadj - Just no.
Insua - A very good prospect, needs abit of experiece gets caught out of position alot but thats ok.
Eric Abidal - Overated ****.
Maxwell - Not seen enough because hes not 'world class'.
Wayne Bridge - No i think im a better left back than him.

You missed Lahm? Probaly not the best but deserves atleast to be on the poll.

Last edited:
Ashley Cole - Very good player but a total ***** so no.
Patrice Evra - Very good player aswell but better defensively than cole so he gets the nod.
Gael Clichy - He is a very good left back but isnt the best as some have pointed out tho he performs at a reasonable standard always only plays bad when hes not fully fit. Nani would never rip him or out paced him or get caught being out of position on some occassions yesterday if he was actually fully fit:S so give the guy a break.
Marcelo - No just no.
Roberto Carlos - Was class but thats the past again no.
Nadir Belhadj - Just no.
Insua - A very good prospect, needs abit of experiece gets caught out of position alot but thats ok.
Eric Abidal - Overated ****.
Maxwell - Not seen enough because hes not 'world class'.
Wayne Bridge - No i think im a better left back than him.

You missed Lahm? Probaly not the best but deserves atleast to be on the poll.

- Evra isnt better than Cole at defending. When he is faced with a good winger he always struggles. He's without a doubt better at going forward as he was a striker when he was younger.
- I agree, the moment in the match where Nani absolutely gassed Clichy i was sat there with my mouth open in shock. I think a fully fit Clichy would of been able to handle him.
- XD Lol
------------------------------------
I agree with what someone said above about Gareth Bale. He has been excellent in the games i've seen him play and takes on his opponent at every opportunity. I think it was a bit over the top to say he will be the best left back. That crown will probably belong to Davide Santon. Although naturally a right back, Inter have moulded him into a future Maldini type player on the left.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but Ashley Cole.. he is world class..great defender and can get forward..2nd would be Patrice Evra same as Cole but Cole is better.

- Evra isnt better than Cole at defending. When he is faced with a good winger he always struggles. He's without a doubt better at going forward as he was a striker when he was younger.
- I agree, the moment in the match where Nani absolutely gassed Clichy i was sat there with my mouth open in shock. I think a fully fit Clichy would of been able to handle him.
- XD Lol
------------------------------------
I agree with what someone said above about Gareth Bale. He has been excellent in the games i've seen him play and takes on his opponent at every opportunity. I think it was a bit over the top to say he will be the best left back. That crown will probably belong to Davide Santon. Although naturally a right back, Inter have moulded him into a future Maldini type player on the left.

Yeh i might be abit biased against cole, hes a total moron so that might cloud my judgement abit yeh on the evra part he does get ripped when faced with a winger who actually does take him on but that goes to every fullback i guess like if i can remember lennon ripped him this season..not sure.

Clichy was awful yeserday like seriously but i dont blame him for playing **** he was rushed back from injury as it was a key game he was basically 70-75% coming into the game so his performance was comnig didnt help with nasri's laziness.

Last edited:
For me it is Ashley Cole with Evra a very close second. But to the OP who said he is ''galaxys ahead of everyone'' ARE YOU ON CRACK?!

I still think it's Ashley Cole. Evra doesn't convince me with his defending.

Between Evra and Cole. The other are no where near.

Insua to be the best though in 5 year time

Evra and Cole second.

Is it just me or is LB the weakest position globally? Off the top of my head any other position you could easily name 3-5 world class players, LB I can only think of those two (world class at the moment, not having potential to get there)

Back