Best Left back in the world currently????

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 25K

Best leftback in the world currently

• Ashley Cole

Votes: 46 23.4%
  • Patrice Evra

Votes: 94 47.7%
  • Gael Clichy

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Marcelo

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Roberto Carlos

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Nadir Belhadj

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emullio Insua

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Eric Abidal

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Maxwell

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Wayne Bridge

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other(Please State)

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1st Cole 2nd Evra, on there appearances so far this season. :)

All you said about Cole was "Cole has never played consistently enough since moving from the ****...."

Sorry, fair point! but I don't like cole, he plays when he wants, and hasn't (apart from this season) shown his real potential, I can't give him Best LB on that basis...

Cole has never played consistently enough since moving from the ****....Evra is right up there as - apart from his first bad season - he has got better and better....

However....what about Philip Lahm??? Plays on the left or right and is simply awesome....but that's just my opinion...:D

Cole has been consistantly solid for the past 2 years or so, he is even starting to chip in with a few goals aswell this season.
Evra is one of the best in the world without a doubt. However, defensively i feel that he is a bit weak. For instance, when he is up against a tricky, pacey winger he always seems to struggle. Take Lennon for example, he absolutely destroyed Evra on two occasions which resulted in his confidence getting knocked and it clearly looked like it affected his game from that point onwards. He has been good this season, but i find it annoying when he does those pointless tricks that fool nobody.

On the basis of what i've just said, i think Cole is without a doubt the best left back in the world. Im not being biased one bit, if you asked me the same question 1 or 2 years ago i would have said Evra without a doubt. But based on consistantcy and the ability to contain even the best wingers in the world (Ronaldo, Messi), i have to go with Cole.

I think a couple of seasons ago Cole was but at the moment nobody is really standing out.

Oh christ this poll is silly. I'm a Fulham fan and I can see Ashley Cole is the best LB in the Premier League., probably the world. Hands down, he is FAR better than Evra IMO.

Last edited:
I think a couple of seasons ago Cole was but at the moment nobody is really standing out.

nobody is standing out do you even watch premiership football????beacause i see your a celtic supporter.

Yes if i was to pick one from the Premier league I would say Evra but that doesnt mean hes the best in the world.

The poll is a joke :L

Insua? ***** always will be IMO
Belhadj? Come on?
Roberto Carlos? Maybe about 5 years ago..

There all bad!

But Wayne Bridge :| He is possibly the most over-rated 'proffesional player' the premiership has ever seen!

The poll is a joke :L

Insua? ***** always will be IMO
Belhadj? Come on?
Roberto Carlos? Maybe about 5 years ago..

There all bad!

But Wayne Bridge :| He is possibly the most over-rated 'proffesional player' the premiership has ever seen!

i only added more than i should because more then likely when you do a poll people always say how come u havent added so and so. thats you i done players like belhadj etc surely its not hurting you in any shape or form???

there has been nobody better than Cashley W@nker for the last 3 years at least. Evra is definitely up there, but Cole shades it imo.

for me the stand out players are

ashley cole
patrice evra
phillip lahm

the others arent on the same level, although clichy, marcelo and insua probably will be soon

I don't think Clichy cn be considered up there yet. In the future very possible.

Many people will disagree.....But I believe it's Gael Clichy.....He has pace....he can cross....and he is strong

I would just like to point out to all the people who were "ballsy"<) enough to say Gael Clichy was in the top 3 lb's in the world.

Ashley Young and Nani have both ripped him to pieces in consecutive games and I dare you to watch United's third goal against Arsenal without screaming at Clichy to make some sort of attempt at a tackle.

got to be ashley cole for me, (well this may sound a bit biased) but soon gareth bale will become the best left back in the world, hes playing AMAZING recently and tearing right backs to pieces.

patrice evra
the only thing decent about ashley cole is his wife :D

Back