Best Left back in the world currently????

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 25K

Best leftback in the world currently

• Ashley Cole

Votes: 46 23.4%
  • Patrice Evra

Votes: 94 47.7%
  • Gael Clichy

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Marcelo

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Roberto Carlos

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Nadir Belhadj

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emullio Insua

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Eric Abidal

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Maxwell

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Wayne Bridge

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other(Please State)

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone who says Patrice Evra is a demented ***** and you can quote me on that. He has been **** for 12 months. FACT!

Gareth Bale has been outstanding but Ashley Cole has been the best LB in England for the last 12-18 months. Before that he had a really poor 2 years.

Tremoulinas is one to watch and Bochetti also. They have had a good 12 months.
Did somebody say Lahm? I am sure he plays right back more than left back for Bayern, but he is one of the best full backs in the world.

Best left back? I couldn't say to be fair but i know it isn't Konchesky. Oh my god...what a pile of dog terd!!

Everyone who says Patrice Evra is a demented ***** and you can quote me on that. He has been **** for 12 months. FACT!

Gareth Bale has been outstanding but Ashley Cole has been the best LB in England for the last 12-18 months. Before that he had a really poor 2 years.

Did somebody say Lahm? I am sure he plays right back more than left back for Bayern, but he is one of the best full backs in the world.

Best left back? I couldn't say to be fair but i know it isn't Konchesky. Oh my god...what a pile of dog terd!!
none of what you said is fact. and how can you even say bale, when he has been playing on the wing, and not fullback. right now its cole, with evra/contraeo (sp) in 2nd

are u kidding me?? in terms of cleans sheets and assists and goals scored, Ashley is miles ahead of everyone else. And by the way,evra sucks

On 27 January 2009, Van der Sar helped Manchester United set a new club and Premier League record for consecutive clean sheets – the club's 5–0 win over West Bromwich Albion meant that they had gone 11 games and 1,032 minutes without conceding a goal, beating the previous record of 10 matches and 1,025 minutes set by Petr Čech in the 2004–05 season. He then broke the overall English league record in the club's following game four days later, beating the previous record of 1,103 minutes, set by Steve Death of Reading in 1979. Another clean sheet, against West Ham on 8 February 2009, extended the record to 1,212 minutes, beating the British top-flight record of 1,155 minutes previously set by Aberdeen's Bobby Clark in 1971. Finally, on 18 February 2009, Van der Sar further extended the record to 1,302 minutes, and in doing so, he broke José María Buljubasich's single-season world record of 1,289 minutes, set in the Chilean Clausura in 2005.

During United's 07–08 season, Evra became a key member of United's defence, He also was one of the very few outfield players to play almost every single premiere league fixture(36/38). Though making 47 appearances in all competitions, the highest in his career.

this pretty much settles the evra vs cole debate. The poll is too imba tbh, you have players like abidal and carlos who are way past their golden days up against clichy and insua who have yet to even reach their golden days. Amongst the best of the best, Evra and Lahm surpass anyone in europe.

p.s. totally lol-ing at the one soul who voted for wayne bridge, lmao!

Last edited:
Can not believe Evra is 48 votes ahead of Ashley Cole.

i know me either, Partly i think its because of Coles off the field problems he has, people with the exception of Chelsea fans hate Cole.

Lahm is a beast, though he plays RWB at the moment. Coentrao is solid both going forward and going backwards, Cole is first class of course. I actually think Abidal is one of the best, even though he's a "left back" and not a "left wingback" which people seem to be going for. He has to deal with a lot of pressure and does a lot of running to provide width and usually distributes well.
Abidal dosnt even start for barca :S

right now it is cole but over the last 2/3 years evra

i know me either, Partly i think its because of Coles off the field problems he has, people with the exception of Chelsea fans hate Cole.
no most people are going over the last 2-3 years, where evra wins, cole has been better than evra ovther last 7-8 months

no most people are going over the last 2-3 years, where evra wins, cole has been better than evra ovther last 7-8 months

Cole has been better for atleast a year. But over the last few years it has been Evra but the poll is the best left back now.

Cole has been better for atleast a year. But over the last few years it has been Evra but the poll is the best left back now.
definitely would not say over a year. the only reason we didnt conced more last season was because of evra's fantastic last ditch covering, only for him to them go scampering up the other end and hurt the opposition. id still take evra, as a fullback hes more balanced than cole is

lol i must have voted on this a while back and for some reason i voted maxwell oO)
Wayne Bridge being in the poll made me lol a bit. I would say evra is the best.

definitely would not say over a year. the only reason we didnt conced more last season was because of evra's fantastic last ditch covering, only for him to them go scampering up the other end and hurt the opposition. id still take evra, as a fullback hes more balanced than cole is

yer i can see your point but i don't see where people think Evra is a better defender because i watch Chelsea games proberly 3-4 times as i like to analize players performances and Ashley Cole although he spends most of his time up front gets back so quickly and he never seems to get beaten. I think the only player so far i can recall to beat Ashley Cole this season was funnily enough Rory Delap and that was on 1 occasion. Just look has he dealt with arguably the best player in the world Ronaldo time and time again.

This one is easy, Ashley Cole, BUT Evra on form is immense, + another top quality defender, and i'm not saying this just because im an Everton fan, Baines, he runs at defenders, he can cross, he can shoot, he's a great player, but i'd still have to say Cole is the best

Also because there are far more United fans on here compared to the 5 or 6 Chelsea fans.

Ashley Cole has been the best left back in Europe for the past two seasons, I don't see how anyone can dispute that. Before that, for about 2-3 seasons, Evra was a beast and miles ahead of anyone. I feel Cole is way way better defensively than Evra, when Patrice is faced with a good winger he always tends to struggle (Lennon destroyed him). Cole has dealt with the best wingers (Ronaldo on countless occasions, and Messi). I think Evra is better offensively but thats just in his nature. He was a striker as a kid so its understandable. Cole is getting better going forward as our attacking style of play often finds him occupying the left wing spot instead of left back. The amount of ground he covers in each match is astonishing. As I've said before, if you asked me who was better two years ago I would have said Evra without hesitation. He was a country mile ahead of anyone. At this current time and for the past few seasons Ashley has been the best.

Look first of all do one ya WUM, On his day Evra is a much better left back. Gareth Bales plays on the wing idiot, get your facts right in the first place. Last time I checked Left back and Left wing are two totally different positions XD.

Cole is a good left back but I would take Evra anyday.

Also because there are far more United fans on here compared to the 5 or 6 Chelsea fans.

Ashley Cole has been the best left back in Europe for the past two seasons, I don't see how anyone can dispute that. Before that, for about 2-3 seasons, Evra was a beast and miles ahead of anyone. I feel Cole is way way better defensively than Evra, when Patrice is faced with a good winger he always tends to struggle (Lennon destroyed him). Cole has dealt with the best wingers (Ronaldo on countless occasions, and Messi). I think Evra is better offensively but thats just in his nature. He was a striker as a kid so its understandable. Cole is getting better going forward as our attacking style of play often finds him occupying the left wing spot instead of left back. The amount of ground he covers in each match is astonishing. As I've said before, if you asked me who was better two years ago I would have said Evra without hesitation. He was a country mile ahead of anyone. At this current time and for the past few seasons Ashley has been the best.

You are saying that Cole's performance for the past 1 season outshines evra's performance for the past 3 seasons? Cole had a great season and he found the net a few times too, but really, you dont have to be a united fan to say evra is by far one of the best defenders.

Its all about opinion isn't it... In my opinion its Evra even though Cole is a class act. Also I couldn't really judge the likes of Lahm, Abidal etc because I don't watch that much foreign football.

The poll is a joke :L

Insua? ***** always will be IMO
Belhadj? Come on?
Roberto Carlos? Maybe about 5 years ago..

There all bad!

But Wayne Bridge :| He is possibly the most over-rated 'proffesional player' the premiership has ever seen!

your right, and whats worse 7 people voted for insua ? I wish people would take polls serious.

Back