Best Left back in the world currently????

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 25K

Best leftback in the world currently

• Ashley Cole

Votes: 46 23.4%
  • Patrice Evra

Votes: 94 47.7%
  • Gael Clichy

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Marcelo

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Roberto Carlos

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Nadir Belhadj

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emullio Insua

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Eric Abidal

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Maxwell

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Wayne Bridge

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other(Please State)

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cole by far, have you seen the amount of mistakes evra has made for club and country? as when manchester united played everton he tried an overhead kick when he has the pace to go along side any forward and take the ball away, his fault that made way for the first goal.

im glad this thread is back up, i said Ashley Cole when i made this thread and i have no reason to change if anything he has got better since this thread was made.

Evra...although I love Ahley Cole,I have to say Evra....tbh the poll really does flatter loads of players

yer agreed but i think you get more from Cole coming forward. Look im not righting off Evra infact i am a huge fan of the lad but Cole was out of this world last season.

agreed, Cole does give you a lot going forward but the title of this thread is best left back. the biggest part of a left backs job is defending and for that reason, i would have Evra over Cole in term of defending all day long, if it was down to purely attacking reasons then id have Cole just ahead of Patrice.

Cole is very overrated like Bridge and half the Liverpool defenders.You are just so biased. Why start this thread is you don't let anyone disagree with you?
I reckon that Liam Ridgewell is a great left back but I reckon Nadir Belhadj is the best tbh.

Cole? Over-rated? **** off.

agreed, Cole does give you a lot going forward but the title of this thread is best left back. the biggest part of a left backs job is defending and for that reason, i would have Evra over Cole in term of defending all day long, if it was down to purely attacking reasons then id have Cole just ahead of Patrice.

Basilcy i think we would both agree that if you fusioned the two together the result would be out of this world. Also i would like to add about Coles defending have you not seen him against Cristiano Ronaldo?

Last edited:
Evra cuz i go with ma heart with united players.... :-)

But hes not the only one with talent's ofc and cole starting to be old but hes solid still

Last edited:
I would say Lahm but he doesn't even play there these days. Evra, despite his recent **** form

Cole is very overrated like Bridge and half the Liverpool defenders.You are just so biased. Why start this thread is you don't let anyone disagree with you?
I reckon that Liam Ridgewell is a great left back but I reckon Nadir Belhadj is the best tbh.

Brilliant. XD

Nadir Belhadj is clearly better than Patrice Evra and Cashley Cole.

Patrice i think is currently the best LB, Cashley is a very good player, but has already stated, Evra is better defensively, so i'm going for the lesser of two evils as an Arsenal fan.

Kieran Gibbs, England number 3!!

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Evra cuz i go with ma heart with united players.... :-)

But hes not the only one with talent's ofc and cole starting to be old but hes solid still

Firstly, don't "go with your heart" - that's not what this thread is about, otherwise people would be voting for their local team's left back, or themselves if they play there..

Secondly, Evra is the same age as Hole, so the age argument doesn't work (6)

Evra and Ashely cole are the two best and i personally think ashley cole better!

Although in the future i can see Fabio Coentrao takin the mantle.... excellent season for benfica and world cup for portugal... just needs to prove himself in european games and for a big team like madrid, barca ETC and im sure he will be snapped up in coming years by one of these two

Gareth bale also in contention in future but he better LW IMO

Last edited:
I honestly think it's Gareth Bale, even if he doesn't play there anymore. He was a beast last season and has been so far this season, and he's also the one player I truly admire that doesn't play for any of my teams :)

Cole TBH. Though I am a Chelsea fan, I'n bound to say Evra can't keep up with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo. Cole tamed them.

Lahm is a beast, though he plays RWB at the moment. Coentrao is solid both going forward and going backwards, Cole is first class of course. I actually think Abidal is one of the best, even though he's a "left back" and not a "left wingback" which people seem to be going for. He has to deal with a lot of pressure and does a lot of running to provide width and usually distributes well.

Lahm is a beast, though he plays RWB at the moment. Coentrao is solid both going forward and going backwards, Cole is first class of course. I actually think Abidal is one of the best, even though he's a "left back" and not a "left wingback" which people seem to be going for. He has to deal with a lot of pressure and does a lot of running to provide width and usually distributes well.

Agree with you but got to say I think Evra is the best

Back