Best nationalities who have never won the World Cup

sass101

Reaction score
I think it would be Holland in Cruiff, Rijkard and Gullit times.

What would be your choice ?

Holland would be the obvious one , Portugal could be another

Gambia.
I'm 100% sure.
But seriously, has to be Holland, considering this country thats made players like Cruyff, Van Basten and Rijkaard really goes to show how high quality they are.

Last edited:
I would have to say Holland and Portugal they have good enough players but never seem to make it count. C.Ronaldo may never win the World Cup :D so please keep it up Portugal lol

Scotland were the only team -until new Zealand-to go undefeated in the world cup so the deserve something for that but we will win it some day. Though we should have won it in the days we had Dalgliesh etc

Holland for me.

Anyone reckon Mexico or an African team will be the next "new winner"?

Hungary during the time of the Magical Magyars. Still can't understand how they didn't win the World Cup if you check their results around those times.

Hungary during the time of the Magical Magyars. Still can't understand how they didn't win the World Cup if you check their results around those times.

If I remember right they were in the finals two times, one time losing to Brazil, don't know the other

Hungary with the Mighty Magyars.
Soviet Union in the 60's.
Holland, especially in the 70's.

If I remember right they were in the finals two times, one time losing to Brazil, don't know the other

Other one was to West Germany.

They did win the Olympics in the 50's, though.

Hungary with the Mighty Magyars.
Soviet Union in the 60's.
Holland, especially in the 70's.

I would have hated to see Russia or Soviet Union win the World Cup. Just like USA with a good reason. Not a football country. Specially USA, as they don't even say football there :p

Holland for me.

Anyone reckon Mexico or an African team will be the next "new winner"?
I could see the likes of Ghana or Ivory Coast challenging in Brazil although there is really only one team to win it there but as for Mexico they wont ever challenge in my opinion.