CB: Terry
RB: Sagna

CDM: Essien
CM: Lampard
CM: Modric

RAM: Valencia
LAM: Rooney
CF: Drogba

Johnson is primarily a left-winger, which is why I left him out by choosing Bale ahead of him.

Although looking at him play recently, it looks as though he favours the right wing to cut inside.

Indeed he does, but I'd still favour a natural right-footed player ahead of him.

If he becomes the next Robben, I might eat my words.

No way will he be the next Robben, Johnson can use both feet with significant ease
. Robben despite his dribbling, is as one footed as they come.

No way will he be the next Robben, Johnson can use both feet with significant ease
. Robben despite his dribbling, is as one footed as they come.

Don't you dare put down Robben (K) Johnson will be lucky to be half as good as him :P

Hart

Ivanovic Vidic King Evra

Valencia Fletcher Gerrard(c) Nani

Rooney Torres
4-4-2:

As you can see, Joe Hart gets my nod in goal. The young England goalkeeper has been on superb form for club and country so far this season and I personally think, he is the best goalkeeper in the league.

In defence I have gone for Chelsea's Branoslav Ivanovic on the right and Patrice Evra of Manchester United on the wings. These players give you defence qualities and arent half bad going forward either. Nemanja Vidic is joing by England and Spurs defender Ledley King. Could you imagine trying to get past these two?

In midfield I have gone for three Manchester United midfielders (a little bit of bias you may think). On the wings, Antonio Valencia and Nani. Valencia is a terrific right sided player who has improved his game a lot under the guidance of Sir Alex. He gives a lot more than attacking options though as he likes to track back and help out the defense. Nani is there purely and simply for his pace, skill and ability to take on players and get a shot away on goal. In the middle I have gone for Liverpools captain Steven Gerrard and Scotland captain Darren Fletcher. The reason for this is because Steven Gerrard would have the freedom to support the attackers whilst Darren Fletcher would be disciplined enough to hold back.

In attack I have gone for the deadly duo of Manchester United and Englands Wayne Rooney and World Cup winner Fernando Tores. The reason for this is because in my opinion these are the two best strikers in the league and would score you bags of goals.

4-4-2
Reina
Sagna-Jagielka-King(VC)-A.Cole
A.Johnson-Gerrard(C)-Essien-Giggs
Drogba-Berbatov

Picked Reina as he is simply the best keeper in the Prem imo despite his mistake against Arsenal. Jagielka is an underrated defender as much as I hate Everton he is a really good player, as is King when fit. Sagna and Cole are the best full-backs on their respected sides in the League, both great players. Adam Johnson is really showing that he is going to be a great winger in the future. Gerrard has started the season very well, and him and Essien would form an immense partnership in the centre. Hate Giggs but he is just brilliant. Drogba is on fire at the moment and I'd normally put Torres in there however Berbatov is playing well and Torres isn't. Berbatov over the last few weeks has really impressed me.

4-2-3-1
Reina
Sagna-Jagielka-Vermaelen-A.Cole
Essien-Scholes
A.Johnson-Gerrard(C)-Giggs(VC)
Drogba​

Different formation, King and Berbatov dropped in favour of Vermaelen and Scholes. This team looks better imo, the reason I never picked Vermaelen in the 4-4-2 is basically his positioning. He often breaks from the defence as-well and in a 4-4-2 would leave the defence thin but in a 4-2-3-1, I believe he'd have sufficient cover. Scholes has been brilliant at the start of the season and the midfield looks stronger with him in there.

4-3-3
Cech
Ivanovic - Terry - Vidic - Cole
Fabregas - Essien - Lampard
Malouda - Drogba - Rooney

I understand if some think this is biased but i think that the core of chelsea (Drogba, Terry, Lampard etc.) is to strong not to be recognised, I do think that Sagna or Evra could both be in the fullback position Gerrard could replace Lampard, but this the team i think would be the best.

King is better than Dawson, and definitely better than Vermaelen.

Bale's 2010 was superb. His 2009 wasn't great, but he was still trying to force his way back into the team ahead of Assou-Ekotto at LB and Modric at LW. When he managed to get back in, he quickly became our most valuable player for the close of the season.

Thanks for the good ratings I guess, but I'm more interested in your choices. Post them up. :)

Sorry if this is cheeky but please tell me you where joking when you said King is better than Vermaelan "/ Cause Vermaelen destroys him everyday lol

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

GK: Riena
RB: Ivanovic
CB: Vidic
CB: Vermaelan
LB: Cole

RM: Malouda
CM: Scholes
CM: Lampard
LM: A.Johnson

CF: Rooney
CF: Drogba

GK: Hart
RB: Sagna
CB: Vidic
CB: Ivanovic
LB: Evra
RM: Valencia
CM: Scholes
CM: Essien
LM: Giggs
ST: Rooney
ST: Torres

GK - Hart
RB -Sagna
CB - Vidic
CD - Vermaelan
LB - Cole
DM - Essien
CM - Gerrard
CM - Fabergas
AML - Bale
AMR - Malouda
CF - Drogba

4-4-2

Cech
Glen Johsnon Terry Ferdinand Evra
Malouda Essien Gerrard Nani
Rooney Drogba

Obviously my choice in Cech is expected,the best goalkeeper in the League really,Evra and Glen Johnson are both good in attack although defence may be abit of a worry for Johnson but he gets the nod.The Central Defensive Partnership of Terry and Ferdinad is no doubt the best as they perform admirably together for England.I have chosen Gerrard alongside Essien over Lampard as although he may not have had the best of seasons,we all know his ability while Essiens Prowess as a Box-To-Box Midfielder is unmatched.Malouda and Nani bth rpovide speed and skill on the flanks while Rooney plays just off Drogba who leads the line

Last edited:
Standard 4-4-2

Cech
Sagna - Alex - Terry - A.Cole
Lennon - Essien - Fabregas - Bale
Drogba - Tevez

4-3-3

Cech
Sagna - Alex - Terry - A.Cole
Y.Toure
Essien - Lampard
Malouda - Drogba - Bale

Hart
Sagna Vidic Terry Evra
A. Johnson Gerrard Essien Bale
Drogba Torres

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

lmao. Vermaelen is fairly slow and clumsy.

Lets see Vermaelen do it consistently for 10 years.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/09/thomas-vermaelen-arsenal-positional-errors/

To summarize: King > Vermaelen. End of.

im not having a go at you mate but you would say that

IMHO they have different strengths. vermaelan (sp)is better technically, but King is solid and takes no ****. Id probably rather have King but the fact that he spends more time off the pitch than on it makes vermaelen better to have around. on ability alone, King shades it i think.

lmao. Vermaelen is fairly slow and clumsy.

Lets see Vermaelen do it consistently for 10 years.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/09/thomas-vermaelen-arsenal-positional-errors/

To summarize: King > Vermaelen. End of.

You say lets see Vermaelen play consistently for 10 years, well lets see King play atleast 5 consecutive matches? Vermaelen did very well for his first season, his positional errors get highlighted too much and overshadow what he does well.

I'd much rather have Vermaelen than King, but that's just my opinion. You would obviously go for King being a Spurs fan. If King was less injury prone then I would pick him.

Cech
G.Johnson---Vidic---Hangeland---A.Cole
Lennon---Gerrard---Essien---Nani
Drogba---Defoe(on current form, Rooney on rep)​

alecwkd....im not having a go at you mate but you would say that IMHO they have different strengths. vermaelan (sp)is better technically said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
King is a much better centre half all round really, reads the game much better, is far more experienced, and is still fairly good technically for a centre back. But i feel that centre backs should defend first, attack second.

can consistent and king even be mentioned in the same sentance?

Whenever King plays he always plays good, i've hardly ever seen him play a bad game, he could be injured for 6 months and then come back and play brilliantly. Whenever he plays he does well.

You say lets see Vermaelen play consistently for 10 years, well lets see King play atleast 5 consecutive matches? Vermaelen did very well for his first season, his positional errors get highlighted too much and overshadow what he does well.

I'd much rather have Vermaelen than King, but that's just my opinion. You would obviously go for King being a Spurs fan. If King was less injury prone then I would pick him.

King did play 5 game consecutively at the end of last season oO)

How can you say his positional errors get highlited too much? He plays for Arsenal, and is costing them big goals in big games resulting in them eventually slumping out of competitions. Positioning is hugely important at this level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
King is a much better centre half all round really, reads the game much better, is far more experienced, and is still fairly good technically for a centre back. But i feel that centre backs should defend first, attack second.

Whenever King plays he always plays good, i've hardly ever seen him play a bad game, he could be injured for 6 months and then come back and play brilliantly. Whenever he plays he does well.

King did play 5 game consecutively at the end of last season oO)

How can you say his positional errors get highlited too much? He plays for Arsenal, and is costing them big goals in big games resulting in them eventually slumping out of competitions. Positioning is hugely important at this level.

that doesn't make him consistent though. id rather have a player who is available for selecetion 90% of the season than a guy who may turn out 40% if lucky.

4-4-2

Hart
Ivanovic - Vidic - Vermaelen - Cole
Nani - Essien - Scholes - Bale
Drogba - Rooney

4-2-3-1

Hart
Ivanovic - Vidic - Vermaelen - Cole
Essien - Fletcher
Nani - Fabregas - Bale
Rooney

But seriously,