Best striker duo in history

Slightly off topic - but Hernandez's last 22 shots have led to 15 goals.

Maybe he and Rooney should go on this list :p

Les Ferdinand & Allan Shearer

Not the best, but certainly notable

ahem, ahem

Paul Furlong and Kevin Gallen.

Or Les Ferdinand and Kevin Gallen

Raul and Ronaldo without a doubt, think supported by Figo and Zidane.... Ouche for every defender in world football

In history unquestionably - Alfredo di Stefano and Ferenc Puskas

In recent history - Ronaldo and Raul

International - Herman Crespo and Gabriel Batistuta

Right now - either Rooney and Hernandez or Diego milito and Samuel eto

The best i have seen was Yorke and Cole. It was so awesome.
Other than that Ronaldo and Raul.

Raul - Morientes is the best I've seen in my lifetime.

Other notable partnerships that i remember:

RVN - Solksjaer

Shevchenko - Inzaghi

Trezeguet - Del Piero

Henry - Bergkamp

Raul - Ronaldo (They had nothing on Raul - Morientes though)

Gudjonsson - Hasselbaink (seriously, they were one of the most fearsome strike duos in the premier league before Roman took over and the arrival of Mutu, Drogba, etc.)

Kluivert - Rivaldo

The one I remember most in my lifetime (and it hurts me for obvious reasons) is Dalglish and Rush. It was incredible. The Welsh striker scored 30 goals in all competitions during his first season, 31 the year after, and a frankly silly 47 in 1983-84 (when the pair scored 59 between them). Rush's record post-Dalglish was admirable – two 26-goal season hauls when Liverpool were still a force, a perhaps even more impressive 22-goal total in 1992-93 when the team was properly on the slide – but he never carried quite the same threat.

Just remembered..

Saviola and Kluivert with Rivaldo just behind.. scary stuff.

Has to be Dalglish and Rush for me.

Batistuta & Montella at Roma during the 2000/2001 season.
Anyone remember football italia on a saturday morning?

Batistuta & Montella at Roma during the 2000/2001 season.
Anyone remember football italia on a saturday morning?

Use to love football Italia especially Sunday afternoon hands channel 4 2pm with James rRichardson. Batistuta is one of my favourite strikers ever, ronaldo at Milan, George weah those were the days when serie A was probably the best league in the world

Use to love football Italia especially Sunday afternoon hands channel 4 2pm with James Richardson. Batistuta is one of my favourite strikers ever, ronaldo at Milan, George weah those were the days when serie A was probably the best league in the world
Thats the one!

It's difficult to call it a traditional partnership when discussing football from the era of Puskas, because of the formations that were played. It was more like a 2-3-5, but he, Sandor Kocsis & Nandor Hidegkuti were unstoppable for the Mighty Magyars

Not the best historical striker partnership, but I adored Henry and Bergkamp.