Best striker duo in history

D. Yorke and A. Cole <3
Rooney and Hernandez
And the winner is
Eto'o and Ronaldinho.

I thought in Ruud's first season at Madrid he and Raul were a sick partnership wish we had a partnership like that for the game tonight!

Nat Lofthouse(p33, g30) and Tommy Taylor(p19, g16) were very good for England in the 50's

Hate to admit it but Henry and Bergkamp were class.

Personally, I loved watching Henry & Bergkamp- They were brilliant too watch, at my young age at the time.

No ones mentioned Vieri and Ronaldo(maybe Crespo)??

Van der Vaart and Ibrahimovic

Muller and who ever it was (maybe rummenigge)

Romario and stoichkov

Vieri and Salas

Salas and zamorano

Batistuta and Claudio Lopez

Elber and Sergio

Tristan and Makaay (still remember when they single handedly destroyed AC Milan at san siro)

Totti and Cassano (two geniuses)

Yorke and Cole :wub:
Other than that, Shevchenko and Inzaghi were deadly. Raul and Morientes were perfect (and simply majestic). Henry and Bergkamp were brilliant to watch. Even Keane and Berbatov used to be elegant and pleasing to the eyes.

As for now, Rooney and Hernandez is maturing into a fantastic partnership. Too few top teams play with two strikers nowadays though.

Not the best in history but one of the best in the PL which people may have forgot (because it was pre Abramovich) and is easily Chelsea's best strike partnership in the history of the club was Jimmy Floyed Hasselbaink and Eidur Gudjohnsen. In the 2001-2002 season they notched 50goals between them (23 for Eidur and 27 for Jimmy) and kept a certain Gianfranco Zola out the side so i think that speaks for itself how good they were together.

In my lifetime probably the most prolific partnership would have to be Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole.