Best team to never win Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to see so many people mention Arsenal and or Chelsea. Something interesting to note is that, no capital of a democratic country has ever had a team that won the European Cup. In fact the only European capital to have won it is Madrid. A capital of a formerly fascist country. Where as. the smaller industrial towns have won many, Manchester, Liverpool, Milan, Munich. Etc, etc...

That having been said, I think Arsenal are far and away the best to never have won it.

Ajax- Amsterdam= Capital of Netherlands?

Ajax- Amsterdam= Capital of Netherlands?

Amsterdam is only nominally the capital. The government, The Queen and all the embassies are based in The Hague. A city that has never won much of anything football-wise.

Amsterdam is only nominally the capital. The government, The Queen and all the embassies are based in The Hague. A city that has never won much of anything football-wise.

Interesting that.

The Hague is the seat of government, but not the capital of the Netherlands.

Amsterdam (pronounced /ˈæmstərdæm/; Dutch [ɑmstərˈdɑm] (help·info)) is the capital and largest city of the Netherlands.

Arsenal's invincibles. Revie's Leeds. Mourinho's Chelsea. Late 90's Lazio. Benitez's Valencia.

Liverpool.. Oh wait, we've won it 5 time! :D

the chelsea 2008 team :( we dominated that second half and then the dreaded penalties :'(

also arsenal when they were the invincibles and valencia

Chelsea is that a joke ? Chelsea have only really started being contenders post Abramovich for me it would be Arsenal or Juve :)

Chelsea is that a joke ? Chelsea have only really started being contenders post Abramovich for me it would be Arsenal or Juve :)

It's the best team not to win it, not club.

Probably Nottingham Forest under Brian Clough, oh **** nvm, it's Aresnal then.

There was a time when Roma had Gabriel Batistuta, Francesco Totti and Cafu yet they still couldn't win it.

Maybe I'm just sad that Batistuta had never won the CL before.

Me too! Anyone remember the thunderbolt which took David Seaman's head off when he played for Fiorentina and decided he might as well belt it as hard as he can from a ridiculous angle? What a player.

As for the OP, it's got to be Arsenal, the Overmars/Bergkamp/Anelka years with Viera and Petit were pretty good were it not for a defense which was solid but lacked composure to knock it around. I always remember the Champions League being an exercise in frustration as Arsenal got hit on the break against and again.

Bit of a shame they never won it with Henry at his best though, on a good day he practically won the game himself.

It's interesting to see so many people mention Arsenal and or Chelsea. Something interesting to note is that, no capital of a democratic country has ever had a team that won the European Cup. In fact the only European capital to have won it is Madrid. A capital of a formerly fascist country. Where as. the smaller industrial towns have won many, Manchester, Liverpool, Milan, Munich. Etc, etc...

That having been said, I think Arsenal are far and away the best to never have won it.

sport lisbon benfica

Hello guys,i think many great teams have never won the Champions League, like a Chelsea and Arsenal.

From the teams I've seen myself the 2004 Arsenal and Benitez's Valencia and Chelsea for not being that great a team but for being one of the most consistent teams of late in the CL.

Albert Batteux's Stade de Reims team with Just Fontaine and Raymond Kopa that lost twice to Real Madrid in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.