Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters

Relican

Reaction score
What team do you guys think that have the best Youth Academy in England? And why?
I think Arsenal got the best Academy in England, because we made some great players who even don't play at us.

Last edited:
I think west ham have produced decent english quality over the years:

lamprd
joe cole
michael carrick
Rio Ferdninand
glen johnson

all play for "big 4" clubs

they also have zavon hines, stanislas, jack collison, mark noble, who all look promising

and going back a bit:

Paul Ince

going back further:

bobby moore
geoff hurst

Crewe, it is amazing the amount of quality of players they have developed while being a relatively small club, both through stature and finance.

EDIT: I don't think Crewe have best academy just deserve special mention, I'd have to go for West Ham for the amount of English talent they bring through.

Last edited:
It either, Arsenal, or Marseille, they make all the players that play in big clubs now. also difference is that Arsenal buy youths from around other clubs. Marseille youth are there's. Marseille made players like, Cisse, Givet, Hatem Ben Arfa, Nasri, and alot of other players
Arsenal made only Fabregas (stole from barca), Wilshere, Vela, and thats about it
SO i think Marseille has the best youth academy

It either, Arsenal, or Marseille, they make all the players that play in big clubs now. also difference is that Arsenal buy youths from around other clubs. Marseille youth are there's. Marseille made players like, Cisse, Givet, Hatem Ben Arfa, Nasri, and alot of other players
Arsenal made only Fabregas (stole from barca), Wilshere, Vela, and thats about it
SO i think Marseille has the best youth academy

Nicklas Bendtner
David Bentley
Ashley Cole
Johann Djourou
Sebastien Larsson

Just to name a few playing in the Premier League.

And Gael Givet was at Monaco 7 years before joining Marseille.
Hatem Ben Arfa played 64 league games for Lyon before joining Marseille.
Djibral Cisse didn't join until he was 25.

Last edited:
What team do you guys think that have the best Youth Academy in England? And why?
I think Arsenal got the best Academy in England, because we made some great players who even don't play at us.

Not including Ashley Cole and David Bentley what 'great' players have come though your academy and are still playing for other clubs?

I know this is an English List but I think Barcelona deserves some mention. If not for their develpoment skills then for their scouting ability.

Some players that have graduated from or played in the Academy include:
Xavi Hernandez
Andres Iniesta
Lionel Messi
Cesc Fabragas
Gerard Pique
Fran Merida
Bojan
Pedro
Carlos Puyol
Victor Valdes
Giovanni Dos Santos (whos a great talent but has gone to waste in England)

Sorry didnt notice but i stil think marseille has the best

How? name some players. Hatem Ben Arfa is the only one you have correctly named.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Sorry my mistake I meant Samir Nasri. Apologies.

i think fair enough to say West Ham. Arsenal not that good, some of their youth player was "stolen" form other team. so i just call it "half train". :)

How? name some players. Hatem Ben Arfa is the only one you have correctly named.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Sorry my mistake I meant Samir Nasri. Apologies.
Samir Nasri was made by Marseile, Ben Afra was made by Marseilli all the players now a days were made at marsaille so it think they have best youth promblem is they not rich and a big club to keeo there players

Sorry didnt notice but i stil think marseille has the best

How can you still think they are the best when you names players incorrectly and still have not stated a bunch of worth while examples.

Leeds United brought through some good players, Alan Smith, James Milner, Aaron Lennon, Fabian Delph and Jonathan Woodgate ...

Last edited:
Samir Nasri was made by Marseile, Ben Afra was made by Marseilli all the players now a days were made at marsaille so it think they have best youth promblem is they not rich and a big club to keeo there players

Ben Arfa 'made by Marsielle', read my earlier post. Can you name any others?

who ever voted chelsea doesnt have a brain they've only produced terry.

Nasri yes but Ben Arfa never played a game for Marseille youth team or even entered there setup so its totally incorrect...

lets not rule out everton either worth a mention

rodwell and gosling look good and lets not forget wayne rooney :)

Also Southampton have developed some good players like Theo Walcott, Wayne Bridge, Gareth Bale and not forgetting Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier...

Nasri yes but Ben Arfa never played a game for Marseille youth team or even entered there setup so its totally incorrect...
you are right there but thas because hes beast, hes played for lyon when he was 19 but he wasnt no good, until he went to marsei when he was 20, os techancly we can say marseille has the best coaching