Better than just Bale - A Tottenham Hotspurs Story

LovanoFM

Reaction score
My final story until FM14. Going to be managing my favourite side Tottenham. I will be writing updates every month but will also be streaming the save on my twitch channel ( twitch.tv/lovanofm ). I realised it was time to manage Spurs as I haven't managed them in this game yet. I am not going to be using a transfer update so Paulinho isn't at the club.

Didn't want to put to much pressure on my shoulders so I opted to qualify for the Europa League. As a result of this I was given 28 million budget and 100k wage budget. Nothing to shabby but the team doesn't have to be strengthened to much apart from an out and out striker.

Meet the squad

First of all we secured the signing of Javier Hernandez for 20 million. This might seem like alot but im hoping he will bang in the goals for us on our way to the Champions League.

The other key players are very easy to locate. Bale, Vertonghen, Lloris and Sandro will all be key in our success this year. This provides a very good core to the side and the first team will look something like this.

- Win the Champions League
- Win the Quadruple ( BPL, FA Cup, Capital One Cup and CL/EL )
- Become the most established manager.
- Win the Club World Championship
- Win the World Cup &/ Euros with any National team.

First of all we finalised the signing of Luke Shaw for the sum of 15 million pounds from Southampton.

View attachment 371398

---August & September---

League Games

Tottenham 4 - 2 QPR
Vertonghen, Hernandez, Sigurdsson, Lennon

A good start to the season. The only worrying thing about this is that Zamora scored two goals against us.

Sunderland 2 - 2 Tottenham
Lennon, Bale

We were lucky to escape defeat here Bale equalising late into the game.

Tottenham 4 - 2 West Brom
Hernandez (2), Sigurdsson (2)

Hernandez and Sigurdsson again doing what they do best both bagging two goals each in a sold victory over West Brom.

Stoke 2 - 0 Tottenham

AZ 0 - 3 Tottenham
Sigurdsson (2), Hernandez

Sigurdsson and Hernandez on point again. These two have been the stars of the show so far.

Man City 2 - 0 Tottenham

Blackpool 1 - 0 Tottenham
Tottenham 4 - 1 Everton
Hernandez (2), Dembele, Livermore

A good win to bounce back from those two defeats.

---League Table---

View attachment 371401
A rocky start to the league but we had some tricky games so lets just hope we can push on and do what I want to do.

These two guys have been performing superb scoring alot of goals and really making their mark on the first team.

Hernandez already netting 6!! Nice start man.

Hernandez already netting 6!! Nice start man.

Its been a rocky start but hoping it will get better having playing the game I just did that might not be happening ...

If you're wondering how to get the original font color back in your inbox so it's readable again, you need to delete or remove any downloaded skins out of the Sports Interactive folder and it should go back to normal.

If you're wondering how to get the original font color back in your inbox so it's readable again, you need to delete or remove any downloaded skins out of the Sports Interactive folder and it should go back to normal.

Ah thanks alot I was wandering that yes !

View attachment 371523

---October---

Tottenham 3 - 1 Steaua
Hernandez, Sigurdsson, Dembele

A good result vs Steaua which left us top of the group.

Chelsea 4 - 0 Tottenham

What can I say? Wrong choice of tactics and bad man management by me led to this result.

Tottenham 2 - 0 Norwich
Hernandez, Lennon

A good win at White Hart Lane to bounce back from a thumping at Chelsea.

Academica 1 - 0 Tottenham

We dominated the whole game but just like in real life goals were hard to come by.

Reading 0 - 3 Tottenham

Hernandez (2), Lennon

A change of tactics helped us a heap here breezing past Reading at the Madejski.

---League Table---

View attachment 371524

So after the first 3 months the rocky start leaves us in 6th position. Some very good and very bad results lets hope we can add to the win at Reading.

---Star of the show---

View attachment 371525

4 goals in 5 games make Hernandez my best player this month. Hes definitely living up to his 20 million price tag.

Boo Spurs, I hope you fail miserably!!! (Arsenal fan here)

In all seriousness, Hernandez is living up to his price tag pretty well! Doing alright so far man but hopefully the inconsistency you seem to be having stops as when you win, you win big!

Your tactics lack balance. For one you have no one on defending in mf.

two aps is also lack of balance. I'd make the bwm defend and turn the mf ap into dlp

Last edited:
Boo Spurs, I hope you fail miserably!!! (Arsenal fan here)

In all seriousness, Hernandez is living up to his price tag pretty well! Doing alright so far man but hopefully the inconsistency you seem to be having stops as when you win, you win big!

yeah man lets hope we can keep the wins going. Arsenal is next my game cheer for me ;)

Your tactics lack balance. For one you have no one on defending in mf.

two aps is also lack of balance. I'd make the bwm defend and turn the mf ap into dlp

Don't worry tactics have been changed for the better. I realised there wasnt any balance when Chelsea put 4 past us

View attachment 371555

---November---

Tottenham 1 - 0 Wigan
Kaboul

A late goal from a corner gave us the 3 points in this game.

Tottenham 3 - 0 Academica
Sandro, Hernandez, Adebayor

Another good win in the Europa League.

Southampton 1 - 2 Tottenham
Bale, Hernandez

Southampton proved a real task but Bale and Hernandez stepped up to the mark.

Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle
Kaboul, Lennon

Another good win Kaboul scoring his second goal.

Tottenham 7 - 0 AZ
Lennon (3), Ekotto, Vertonghen, Walker, Adebayor

Easy as you like it, Lennon showing what he can do scoring a hat trick here.

Tottenham 1 - 0 Arsenal
Lennon

Lennon again putting a goal in winning the derby after Ekotto got sent off in the 15th minute.

Aston Villa 2 - 4 Tottenham
Hernandez, Vlaar (OG), Bale, Sandro

Another good win to get another vital 3 points.

---Europa League Table---

View attachment 371556
It was an easy group so we cruised through finishing top. Lets hope our 1st round draw isn't to hard.

---Star of the month---

View attachment 371562

Nice read so far, hopefully your form will keep on going. Good luck!

Boo you beat Arsenal! That would never happen in real life lol! Doing good so far, great month there man! Finally got some consistency

---December---

Man Utd 4 - 1 Tottenham
Dembele

A poor result but what can I say it was against Utd.

Steaua 1 - 4 Tottenham
Huddlestone, Walker, Ekotto, Lennon

Final game of the group stage we comfortably beat Steaua.

Tottenham 1 - 0 Liverpool
Shaw

Luke Shaw scored a screamer in this game to give us the 3 points.

Tottenham 3 - 0 West Ham
Bale, Sigurdsson, Hernandez

Comfortable win against our rivals gave us the confidence to keep on performing.

Fulham 0 - 1 Tottenham
Ekotto

Another left back scoring in this game to give us a narrow win at Craven Cottage.

Swansea 1 - 2 Tottenham
Hernandez, Williams (OG)

Swansea gave us a tough time but we pulled through win Bales shot deflected off Williams foot.

QPR 0 - 3 Tottenham
Sigurdsson, Dembele, Hernandez

Showing Harry Redknapp how to manage Tottenham saw us beat QPR 3-0 at Loftus Road.

---League Table---

View attachment 371576
We are sitting in a good position here. 3rd place 8 points infront of Chelsea in 4th however they have got 1 game in hand even if they win a 5 point lead is fine by me.

---Star of the month---

View attachment 371577

He only scored the one but he assisted quite alot of goals and was very influential in most of our victories.

Yep your seeing it right. Levy gave us 40 million to spend in January and I opted for Falcao and Astori. A combined total of 42 million pounds after we sold Adebayor to Real Madrid for 5million.

---Results---

West Brom 1 - 2 Tottenham
Shaw, Sandro

Luke Shaw scoring again from his left wing back position before the monster Sandro scored from 20 yards.

Tottenham 2 - 1 Crystal Palace
Hernandez, Livermore

Hernandez on point again and Livermore doing his job well with a goal. Palace scored in the 93rd minute so we deserved to keep a clean sheet.

Tottenham 3 - 0 Sunderland
Hernandez, Colback (OG), Sandro

A comfortable victory.

Tottenham 2 - 0 Stoke
Bale, Dembele

Giving stoke a taste of their own medicine after they beat us 2-0 at the Britannia.

Everton 0 - 3 Tottenham
Falcao (2), Bale

Falcao's first game and he goes and bags two goals one with his head and one with his right foot. Showcasing his all round abilities.

Tottenham 3 - 0 Millwall
Bale, Naughton, Sigurdsson

Comfortable victory in the FA Cup vs Millwall.

Tottenham 1 - 0 Man City
Falcao

Vital win here against City. This game put us 5 points ahead of them which is good for the League standings.

---League Table---

View attachment 371598
There we have it. 1st in the league but Man Utd have a game in hand on us. The game I have against them at home in the latter stages is going to very crucial to dictate how the league goes.

Could not pick between the two as they both played crucial parts in the month. Bales through ball let Falcao score the only goal against City.

Falcao came into the side and impressed me straight away whereas everyone knows that Bale is key to the success Spurs have.

---Europa League 1/2nd knockout round draw---

1st Round - Zenit
2nd Round - Liverpool or Rubin

---February---

View attachment 371655

Tottenham 3 - 0 Chelsea
Dembele, Vertonghen, Falcao

Fantastic result against Chelsea. To put 3 goals past Cech is pretty amazing.

Norwich 0 - 0 Tottenham

A Boring game we had alot of chances but couldn't find the net.

Zenit 1 - 0 Tottenham ( EUL 1st KR )

We struggled in Russia without Falcao but 1-0 wasn't to bad considering we had 10 men.

West Brom 1 - 0 Tottenham ( FA Cup )

I wasn't to worried because its only the FA Cup and I would rather focus on the league and Europa League.

Tottenham 3 - 0 Zenit ( EUL 1st KR )

Sandro (2), Naughton

The 2nd leg saw us win 3-0 which is a very impressive result and put us into the 2nd round against Rubin.

Wigan 0 - 5 Tottenham
Falcao (2), Sandro, Parker, Duff (OG)

Emphatic win at the DW Stadium with Falcao adding two goals to his goal tally.

---League Table---

View attachment 371653
We are in joint 1st only losing out on goal difference. Im happy with our performance in the league after the slow start but we still have away games vs Liverpool and Arsenal.

---Star of the Month---

View attachment 371654

I just can't fault him. He holds the line between the defence and attack superbly and scores goals to.

Falcao will be immense!! Sandro is beasting it too. KIU pal