samillyroy

Reaction score
What is your biggest coup ever? I.e. who is the biggest name you've managed to attract to a smaller club?

For me, I've just managed to sign Rafael van der Vaart from Tottenham while he's just 30 and he's tearing the SPL apart. Anyone elses?

I signed for Panathinaikos and got Dzeko for free

I signe Roque Santa Cruz to Leicester. Also signed Lionel Messi for Sporting CP.

Last edited:
I'm not really one for going in for big transfers as I usually go smaller teams but I managed to convince Ryan Giggs to Bohemians and his sheer skill and influence resulted in me winning every single game he played in (around 20)

khemo - wow, which version of FM was this on?!
halbard - wtf, how old was messi and how much did you pay?!
and bravo - great shout, when did you get him? I know he hardly ever goes to big clubs after he leaves manchester united but I didn't realise you'd be able to get him to such a small club ha. do you have a screenshot??

I signed Diego Placente and Juan Villar whilst in the Spanish Segunda then Fabio Aurelio, Javier Garrido, German Pacheco, Dorian Dervite and Kamil Zayatte in the Adelante. Hardly household names I know but they were all too good for that level and Villar, Pacheco, Dervite and Zayatte are still integral parts of my team whilst I'm hanging around the top four of La Liga.

FM 2011,year 2013...it was shocking...he scored 8 goals in 5 apps so far overall:D

I got him also in Panathinaikos right now...for freeXD

I had him on something like 20K wages a week too. Same with Ognjen Vukojevic one season later on the prem, absolute tanks.

Olic for Newcastle - Free in 2012/13
30 something games played, and almost 1 goal per game :)

I didnt consider it a coup to begin with, as this is what a 4th place team should attract, but the amount of goals he has scored for me after a free transfer has made me consider him a coup.

granero, great signing!! and miller11, love zayatte, he's a rock. used to score loads for me on my old hull city file ha
and olic is incred! his physical and mental stats are too high compared to his real ability imo but on fm he is awesome! great signing

actually got him for schalke as well because they put him on the transfer list. I find that often city do **** in the first season and then have to like transfer list their players cos the team is too good :L

actually got him for schalke as well because they put him on the transfer list. I find that often city do **** in the first season and then have to like transfer list their players cos the team is too good :L

Agreed mate!

its always

Tevez
Boateng
Santa Cruz
Jo
Bridge
Bellamy
Lescott

After one season on the transfer list in my games!

Got Thorgan Hazard from City (they bought him the first season for 2 mill) to Nuneaton Town the fifth season for 450k, dunno how big name he is nowadays but he's immense for me in the championship ^^

Just now got Adebayor to Aston Villa 4 £6m on a £130,000 week he took £50,000 wage cut....