Biggest flop you bought for a stupid fee?

lan lodger

Reaction score
Mine has to be Ganso.. Played about 10 games, rated 6.4 sent off twice, no assists and no goals.. at least he was cheap.. only £27M..

I'm sure there's a thread for this already. Neymar, 60 million, most inconsistent player I've ever had, was just as capable of scoring a hatrick as he was getting a 5.8 rating. Changed from one extreme to the next every game.

yeah would go with neymar,hope more consistent on fm13. Also bought podolski 26m scored 3 goals in 2 seasons seemed to play better on lw.

Fernando Lorente on FM10 I bought for 30 million to play next to Torres and he scored 3 goals in 27 games and made 0 assist in 27 games he was shocking!

im in 2029/2030 season with Radcliffe Borough..paid 68 million for a striker called pamic,amazing stats..one of the best strikers about..finished top scorer in the champions league whilst playing at lyon scoring 13 goals..and smashin the french league all over the place,so i bring him to the premiership for the massive fee..and hes crumbling! big BIG flop :(

Neymar starts with Consistency 14, Important Matches 13, Concentration 14, so I don't know how he could perform so inconsistently for you guys. I've bought him a couple of times and he always did very well for me.

CR7. Bought him for like 150m i think to my City team. Within couple of weeks he breaks his leg followed by 8 month injury, afterwards he droped into two star rating and never got back up.

5 year contract of course, highest in the team.

Its been like half a year ago and i'm still butthurt about it.

Not really a flop, but definitely did not living up to expectations. Marko Marin for 10m in my Arsenal save in the January 2012 window. Its been already 3 1/2 years since he been at the club, and the he has only given 'okay' type performances. He's handy though, scoring goals and whipping the cross in the box like a boss, buts its not frequent.

CR7. Bought him for like 150m i think to my City team. Within couple of weeks he breaks his leg followed by 8 month injury, afterwards he droped into two star rating and never got back up.

5 year contract of course, highest in the team.

Its been like half a year ago and i'm still butthurt about it.

Wouldnt say he flopped just unlucky for you someone smashed his leg happened to me with eden hazard

for me its got to be neymar or fabregas they just dont churn out anything better per season than 7.05

Marvin Martin!

Had 90M€ to spend and feeling like an billionare I wasted 39M€ on him. Had like 7 average every game. Sold him for 29M€ a season and a half later.

Neymar is a f*cking beast. Give him time to adapt. If he doesn't play well for you, you obviously don't know how to use him.

Phil Jones to my Real Madrid team for 50 mill in 14/15. Costs his side a goal every game.

i got gokhan tore for 10 mill when i needed a right winger...been a beast for me...goals and assists galore tied with 7.6+ ratings every game

I think that would be Lucas Moura - spent over 20m on him once and he was terrible
Gave up on him after 2 seasons and never signed him again

Danny Welbeck in fm 10. Managed England for 7 years and he kept Rooney out of the team, scored 19 goals in qualifying for the euros in 2016, left to manage fulham who had finished 2nd and bought him for £60m he played every game for me in a 3 year stretch and scored 26 goals. I had a good couple regens so it never cost me games but he sucked.

I recently bought Isco for Deportivo in the 3rd season, for £6m.

I thought he played brilliant, bragging a handful of goals and a couple of assists from CM... With an average rating of over 7.5 for the season.

But apparently he's runner up in the "Worst signing of the season"... :|

Another one for me.. Lucas Moura for 35 million.. now he's not bad.. but he is average and gets about 7.2 rating every season.. Now he's a squad player.