Biggest flop you bought for a stupid fee?

I bought Diego from Wolfsburg for £45m on FM09. Didn't settle too well, but did still sell for a profit to Juventus(£53m)

Ever Banega, only paid 12m for him (my second highest transfer fee on the game) but he was poor for 1 and a half seasons. To make it worse, I couldn't sell him and had to send him out on loan for 2 seasons until his contract ran out.

My entire man city team on last years game when I started a mess online game with friends. Spending money over 48 months. Big names you know cavani sneijder fabregas lahm and chielini just to name a few. Played my first game against Aston villa at home and lost 1-0 from flukey goal. We played about 3 games because we were doing a lot of messing cuz we were in the same room and I lost the first and drew the other 2. More a lack of bonding than a waste of money but I was expecting better.

In a real game tho. It would have to be probably Ochoa. I bought him for £6m in my second season at Blackburn because Robinson was very leaky letting in soft goals but Ochoa ended up letting in even more by the end of the season. Finished higher tho thanks to 50 goals from possibly my best ever signing moussa sow. Still sold Ochoa for a profit went to Malaga I think for £12m and I bought ter Stegen to replace. Still let in goals but got better performances. He kept s in games that we should have been well beaten in. Still let in a howler from Evans tho. Bout 40 yards out and on the right hand side a cross turned into a shot that ended up in the top corner.

romelu lukaku for 20 milion on fm11, got 4 goals in 20 when i lost RVP and chamakh for months, got sacked cause he was so ****

Javier Pastore for £75m. I had a £200m budget and thought "Yeah, what the ****". After a season and a half, his highest average rating is 6.75.

Mohammed Abdellaoue from Hannover 96 for 17.5 mill, scored 6 times in 29 for Spurs, with that money I expected a bit more...

Dean Smith (regen) in FM10 with Manchester City from Middlesbrough, £48.5M. Worst signing that I ever made, average rating was something like 6.5.

Sold to Chelsea for roughly half and picked up from where he left off, being ****.

Ive never really had a flop in fm12 im very cheap and after 2012 i just buy cheap regens with good enough potential to challenge europe. But fm11 is a different story. Neymar. I followed the hype and bought him. He had maybe 27 apps and 4 goals (i dont remember exactly.)as a lone striker. I think i payed 39m for him but with 20m over time. Never bought him since haha.

Jan Vertonghen in FM10 for $26mil. Never got going so I left him to rot on the bench. Loaned to Sevilla next season for $3.5mil with $13mil option to buy, and they did.

Just to dig this up, just spent £3 million (but £200,000pw wages) on Zlatan Ibrahimovich in 2015 for Liverpool. Ageing, but managed to score 28 goals for Milan last season. Thought it was a masterstroke. In December, he's started nine games and scored one goal. Just got us knocked out of the Carling Cup by giving the ball away to a Northampton player 10 yards out and his stregnth has dropped from 14 to 9. Worst signing ever, and he's on a two year contract. GRRRRr.

Balotelli. i traded Kagawa + some money and some percentage of next transfer, since him doesnt wanted to renew his contract with Dortmund, City was interested, and Balotelli had 22 goals last season for them. i made the highest contract of my life for him, but, i was like "okay, he will be the scorer im searching, anyway...".

but, playing for me, Balotelli had only 10 games in the 1st season, scoring only twice, had 3 red cards, no assists, and, to make it worse, he was having problems of adaptation, and was always asking for "a time to think"...

im seriously thinking about get rid of him, but, no other team want him... so, i guess i have to keep trying, or make him break the contract...:'(

I still didn't play with a big club on FM12 , and the highest fee i ever payed was 11.5 M Euros for Abel Hernandez with Galatasaray , and he was amazing !

I usually don't buy many players , between one and 5 depending on how many / how important are the players who left the club ! So that's why i don't get flops ! :D

I usually don't buy many players , between one and 5 depending on how many / how important are the players who left the club ! So that's why i don't get flops ! :D

buying players is the best part! #LiveForTheTransferWindow

and it has to be Marek Hamsik (sp). Sold about 5 backup players to buy him and he did absolutely nothing except warm 1 of the 5 seats on bench I'd emptied to get him in :mad:

Last edited:
A stranger one with all the people saying neymar. Had him at chelsea scored 28 goals with 16 assists in his first season in the next one got 48 goals and 23 assists for me. Iv'e never bought him before fm 2012 but he's by far been one of the best striker's iv'e ever bought. For me it was suarez at barcelona. Scored no goals and got 2 assists in 6 months and constantly complained about being homesick. I think I spent £28 million on him. Never again

Once I was Man City and I bought Messi for like £180m-£200m or something, he was ****, invisible every game and never did anything good

Thiago Silva for £30m. Really had a FML moment there... Got £15m for him, so not all too bad.

A regen called Jonas Larsson for my Norwich side in 2015. He was only nineteen, with three star rating for current ability and five star for potential, so I paid £14m for him. Only ended up playing him a few times, kept getting injured and sent off. Eventually, sent him out on loan to Fiorentina for his last two years, who then brought him for £1m.

Thomas Muller on FM11, on my tycoon WBA save. £48m, sold 10 months later for £34m to United after 5 games and 2 goals.