Billy the Greek

• Thread starter Thread starter kolas79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 491
  • Views Views 75K
View attachment 187530

View attachment 187531
Before the match, Billy talked with Will Hughes and decided to give him a chance to start the game and he was wonderful! A good result and our hero was optimistic for the rematch in Portugal.

View attachment 187529
This game was a trip for **** to Heaven! We looked totally helpless in the first thirty minutes of the game where we were behind with three goals. Suddenly just before half time Sane scored a goal which gave us the lead in the aggregate. In the second half they scored another and Billy decided to gamble as much as he could. “Full attack boys! Give everything you ‘ve got!”. Just three minutes before the final whistle Redmond (who had come in as a substitute) score the goal we desperately needed!!! Thankfully, Billy 's decision to rest some of his first team regular did not back fired to him.

View attachment 187527

Last edited:
View attachment 187526
View attachment 187525

View attachment 187524“Come on you guys you are a lot better than this and you know it! We play so good we create so many chances in front of goal and we make the opposite goalies look like Gods! I know and I ‘m sure you know that we can finish in the top six this season. Just believe in yourselves more! I believe in you do the same for heaven shake!!”

View attachment 187522
View attachment 187523
Okay so we were down one more time this year and suddenly the players remembered Billy’s speech after the game against Swansea and made an amazing comeback!

View attachment 187520
View attachment 187521
Our goal to finish six has become possible again. What Billy should look for the next year though will be stability since this season the team had shown that is capable for the best but for the worse as well.

View attachment 187519
View attachment 187518
An amazing win! Ok the score line was poor but the tactical approach by our hero proved to be the key point! We succeed in closing all the gaps in defense and we were looking very strong in counterattack. Three times the ball hit the post , three times De Gea made amazing saves but in the 90th​ minute young Lambert scored a goal which will proved vital in our effort to achieve Europe Qualification this season!

Last edited:
GREEK SUPERLEAGUE REPORT

While Billy was finding it very tough in London with the Spurs, Olympiakos in Greece was beaten by Panathinaikos in the tittle battle one more time. The board decision to sell Vadala had left the team without a strong attacker and their opponents took advantage of this very very bad call.

View attachment 187116

View attachment 187113

View attachment 187112
View attachment 187111

View attachment 187110
They were a lot better than us today . We managed to get one goal, but the rematch looks very difficult task for Billy. If it had not been for Lloris the Italians could easily be celebrating their qualification without waiting the game in Milan.

View attachment 187108
View attachment 187109
​At least we put up a great fight . We were the first that opened the score but they got the late equalizer just seven minutes before the end of the game. The team looked exhausted in overtime but despite the fatigue we had our chances in front of goals. One more time this season though our youngsters showed their luck of experience , while Willian showed his class with a great assist to Mohamed Toure who was there just to apply the finish. The fans acknowledged the team's effort but the disappointment was obvious since we have manage to reach so high in Europa League and he had a chance to fight for the trophie. Anyway next season (if of course qualify for Europe) things will be different.

View attachment 187106
View attachment 187107
Still we have a lot of distance to cover until we can say that the team can has what it takes to look straight in the eyes the big teams of Premier League. Liverpool dominated the game and they were times where poor Lloris looked so lonely in defense.

View attachment 187105
View attachment 187104
View attachment 187103
"Okay I can accept the fact that Liverpool are superior than us but we can't even beat QPR in White Hart Lane ? You guys play good , you create chances and when you are in front of the opponent goalkeeper you act like you are going to face Chuck Norris in a karate fight !! Relax a little, believe in your potentials , you are a lot better than this!"

Unlucky against AC mate - here's hoping you can turn things around in the league.

Thanks for the support my friend ! I just cannot understand what seems to be the problem. If it was the tactic then I will loose all the games easily. This lack of stability is driving me crazy to be honest ! I win a game by 4-0 and the next game I loose 3-0 !

With only two games remaining for the curtain to drop for this season Premier League Billy was very close in achieving his goal, reaching the sixth place and achieving European qualification. But he was not the only one who was eager to see what was to happen with these two finals. There were rumors that the the team's board was starting to loose its patience with our hero and failure to complete his promise for qualification for the Europa League could end his career in White Hart Lane.

View attachment 186925
View attachment 186926
What a win!! With down to ten players from the first half but the team became more stronger and more hungry for the win. We smashed Nottingham and with a win in the next game against Southampton (or with a draw since Watford was going to face Manchester City) our goal will be achieved!

View attachment 186923
View attachment 186922
Noooooooooooooooo !!!! The team played its worst game in the wrong time! Billy could not hide his disappointment and the fans could not hide their disapproval towards him as well. Nobody could not explain this humiliating defeat. Things were not looking so bright for our hero right now...

View attachment 186914

So close and yet so far ...

Last edited:
Next day , Billy received a text message in his mobile...
View attachment 186917
Houston we have a problem... He had no other choice than to face the board. For the first time in his career, he was on the verge of being sacked.

View attachment 186916
Luckily, our hero persuaded the board to give him one more chance but surely it is the last he is going to get.

View attachment 186915
Transfer budget was very good but it would take more than good players to change the team's performance in view of the next season. Tactical changes needed to be done and fast.

Thanks for the support my friend ! I just cannot understand what seems to be the problem. If it was the tactic then I will loose all the games easily. This lack of stability is driving me crazy to be honest ! I win a game by 4-0 and the next game I loose 3-0 !

What is the team's familiarity level with the tactic? I've personally found in this year's FM it takes a lot longer for a team to become 'fluid' in a tactic and that until you get to that level the performances are very up and down.

Yeah tactic familiarity is very important. And think buying some more experienced guys so they can stable to ship with their leadership and experience.

What is the team's familiarity level with the tactic? I've personally found in this year's FM it takes a lot longer for a team to become 'fluid' in a tactic and that until you get to that level the performances are very up and down.

I 've experienced the same problem in the beginning of the save with Olympiakos. The first season the players were at a loss but in second year the were more accustomed to the tactic and we did it well. To be honest I made a lot of changes through this season and the players did not had the opportunity to get used the formation and the tactical instuction. The formation won't change but I am aiming to keep the instruction and the players roles as steady as possible.

Yeah tactic familiarity is very important. And think buying some more experienced guys so they can stable to ship with their leadership and experience.

I have some players in mind that they can help my youngsters and I am aiming to capture them! Will see how it will go!

Not the best of first season's but, you can build the squad in the summer and show Tottenham what you can do

Not the best of first season's but, you can build the squad in the summer and show Tottenham what you can do

I really thought I could do better by the team's performance was so unstable ! Despite the fact that I was almost get sacked I am optimistic for the next season.

A TRIP TO BILLY’S MIND

It was no time for fouling around. Billy had to be very precise with his decisions this time if he wanted to remain in Tottenham’s bench. His tactical approach could not be considered as successful so alternations were needed. All the season, the team’s defense was suffering from the opposite wingers who easily, since most of the time they had been totally unmarked, were able to deliver their crosses in the box. Moreover, every time the team was trying to push higher up in the field they were get easily exposed from through balls.

For the first problem he was thinking of setting the team to play wider in order for the center backs to be closer to opposite wingers and to instruct all of his players to close down more. He believed that with this way the opposite players would not find enough space to exploit their attack. For the second problem maybe instructing two of his center backs to play as stoppers, so as to close any gaps from through balls would be the key.

Will all the above thoughts, he sat down and started to evaluate his roster. The first thing he saw was that more fast defenders were needed for the stopper role. David Luiz and Toby Alderweireld would have to depart since they were not fulfilling this criteria anymore and one or two new players will fill their places. It was also time to check out whether it was time for some new youngsters from the under 21s to come to the first team, since many of our young defenders were playing key roles in the small national teams of England. Together with Luiz and Alderweireld, Eric Dyer’s place was also in doubt since the Englishman had expressed his desire to leave the team. Billy had promised to himself from his years at Olympiakos that he would never keep a player in the team against his will no matter how good he was.

In midfield Kristofer Ajer and Will Hughes would be his two and only choices since they both had bags of quality for this roles. Will does not have what it takes to play as an advanced playmaker so we would share his game time with Ajer in the deep playmaker role. That meant that another lad must be bought for the advanced playmaker position since we had only Coric right now.

Billy was also expecting Carlos Gruezo to come forward and to justify the money that were spent for him. Gaston Gill Romero was a question since he was still not able to play for Tottenham as his work permit is still not granted. Williams was able to fulfill this position but ball winning midfielder was not his natural position. So a player for this position should be bought as well.

As far as the wingers are concerned Redmond and Leroy Sane will be the first picks. Cerny was an amazing player, but he was not a winger and it was also time for him to say goodbye to White Hart Lane. The same thing stands for Sam Bryan. A very good attacking wingback that could never develop to a good winger so goodbye to him too. As a result, Billy had to search for one or two players to be used as backups.

In offence the team was more than ok. We had three young players with amazing potentials and Billy did not want to bring a more experienced player that would take game time of their evolution. Pozo‘s place in the roster was not certain since he had not offered much so far and Billy had already find one more youngster in the academy that was ready for the first team.

To sum it up Luiz, Alderweireld, Dyer, Bryan, Gill Romero, Cerny and Pozzo will definitely be sold. Billy, had already start to track their replacements and it was one more time to go for shopping.

View attachment 186534
PRE SEASON

The preparation for this new and very interesting for the future of our hero season, did not have many friendly matches. There was no need for many games since Billy was not going to change his formation. He would just try to analyze it more in order to find its weak spots and correct them. Judging from the results his efforts, were heading to the right direction.

View attachment 186533
Together with the preparation period in view of the season, the transfer planning of the team was progressing as well. Billy knew what players to look he had found his targets and it was time for the deals to be sealed.
View attachment 186542View attachment 186531

View attachment 186530
Ross Barkley was in United's transfer list with 14,5 million euros as a price tag. A good buy and quite cheap for this sort of player.

View attachment 186529
Wanyama was the best candidate for the ball winning midfielder role and Billy was happy that he was able to close this deal with a reasonable fee as well.

View attachment 186528
Billy was very fond of Denyaer and he tried to get him on a loan when he was at Olympiakos and the Belgian was struggling to find game time in Manchester City. He was facing the same problem in his new team Bayern Munich. He has what Billy wants from a defender, speed , good marking and aerial abilities and adequate technique. Even though he had to fight with Manchester United for the Belgian's signature, the transfer deal was completed.

View attachment 186527
While Billy was looking at players DVDs trying to find a back up player for Leroy Sane, he ran into this guy. He was delighted to know that he was in Barcelona's transfer list and he did what was necessary to bring him to Tottenham.

View attachment 186525
Billy's scouts informed him about a teenage Englishman defender who had great attributes for his age. After talking with his previous team Fulham he came to an agreement.

The opening game for the new season was with Norwich. The day before the match, Billy had one more meeting with the board were they explained him their expectations from him. He knew that he had to win their trust, since he was still on a test period. Tottenham 's board was not satisfied at all from the previous season and good results had to come and had to come fast.
View attachment 186520

View attachment 186524
View attachment 186523
Billy started this season the same way as last year. With a good away win. The team played good football and their performance was encouraging taking into account that the still trying to recover from the pre season training.

View attachment 186522
View attachment 186521
Second away match in row and Billy doubled his wins! Tottenham had created a lot of clear chances but Everton 's goalkeeper was very solid. Eventually and to our hero's delight, former Everton favorite Ross Barkley applied the easy finish receiving an accurate cross from Nathan Redmond. Billy was also glad to see that his defense is starting to look quite solid and manages to deal better with the opponent's crosses !

Ross Barkley looks a steal for just 14.5M Euros! Great piece of business and already seeing the rewards.

Ross Barkley looks a steal for just 14.5M Euros! Great piece of business and already seeing the rewards.

He was not taking so much game time in United and I was more than happy to see that I could buy that kind of player so cheap. He is still trying to find his pace, but the goal against Everton was pure gold in a game which was heading towards the tie !

Back