Billy the Greek

• Thread starter Thread starter kolas79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 491
  • Views Views 75K
Good job winning the league! Is there any big team knocking on the Billy's room and making approach?

Good job winning the league! Is there any big team knocking on the Billy's room and making approach?

Thank you a lot I had the feeling that we could do it this season and the effort paid off! To be honest Inter, Liverpool , Stuttgart offered my a chance to attend an interview but I did not accept their invitations. Perhaps this will be my last season in team though unless I manage something admirable in Europe. We will see!

How could you turn down Liverpool? :(

More than happy to see you stay with Olympiakos though :)

How could you turn down Liverpool? :(

More than happy to see you stay with Olympiakos though :)

I have never taken them in any FM and to be honest I just can't since I am a United fan ! So far in the save the only offer that tempted me was from Napoli but as said before this year game is very challenging and getting the Greek Championship still remains a tough task so there is no need for me to leave (for now ha ha )

View attachment 189292Mr President may I have a word you ?
View attachment 189291 Sure Billy is it something wrong ?
View attachment 189292Last few days I have done a lot of thinking I won't to test my managerial abilities in a more competitive league. I have been five wonderful seasons here where we had our ups and downs and I think that now it is time for me to move on.
View attachment 189291I appreciate your honesty Billy. I cannot keep here against your will. You are free to seek your future elsewhere. Me and the board would like to thank and to wish good luck wherever you go.

I think you're gonna make it with Spurs! Well of course that little depend who they have but not too much

I think you're gonna make it with Spurs! Well of course that little depend who they have but not too much

I checked the squad before I accept their offer and I saw it consists off players who can support my tactics well. I am quite optimistic !

PRE SEASON

Billy was deligthed with his new career. It was a great chance to prove that Greek coaches can stand in one of the top leagues in the world. He new that it was not going to be easy but he was prepared to work hard in order to bring success in this club.

View attachment 189218
View attachment 189217
The friendly matches showed that the team needed time in order to get used to the new tactic. The club had already done some great transfers but two ball winning midfielders were needed in order for Billy to employ his tactic.
View attachment 189216

TRANSFER REPORT

The players that had come into the team, allowed Billy to try something new. Playing with defensive wingers looked a very good idea in order to cut down the chance that the opponents were creating from the flanks. Since our hero was new to the league what he wanted first was to create a solid defense.

View attachment 189214 Alba was the ideal player for the role of the left defensive midfielder. Add also that we bought for free from Barcelona!

View attachment 189212 Xydis had punnished Billy when he played for one year to Panathinaikos on a loan deal for United. He was an expensive deal from the club which it was sealed before our hero came to White Hart Lane. With a little work to his technique he could be a great player for the future!

View attachment 189211 Another hot prospect and another expensive deal that found Billy when he took over. He has great potentials if he is determined to work hard!

View attachment 189210 Just a substitute goalkeeper for Lloris . The funny thing that he was scouted from Billy when he was still at Olympiakos when he was looking for a replacement for Predrad Rajkovic!

View attachment 189209 He was Billy first deal in Tottenham. He new the lad from his loan spell at Olympiakos and his eager to find whether he had what to takes to play to a bigger league.

Unfortunately Billy second deal, Gaston Gill Romero was a mistake. His work permit was not approved so he will have to wait 20 days until the next appeal. A day before this deal was confirmed, Billy decided to go for his former player Fernadez but he decided not to make a move since he did not want to weaken his old club.

View attachment 189202
Billy debut game as a Tottenham coach for the Premier League was the away game against Newcastle. Our hero was nervous ( as everybody in their first appearance) but he was also optimistic for a good result.

View attachment 189200
(sorry for the images Lippo and Brendn. You can consider yourselves as my mentors. If you don't want me to use them though I will stop immediately)​

View attachment 189198A solid away win and a great way for Billy to introduce himself to the fans! Cerny was wonderful in his new role as a false nine!

Last edited:
Time for the first home game of the year and a chance to measure our strength against one of the big boys of the league, Manchester City. They looked very strong but Tottenham had started well and the players moral was very high.

View attachment 189033
View attachment 189031
View attachment 189028They were too strong for us unfortunately. Aguero and his gang managed to get a quick two goal lead and despite the fact that we scored a goal which cut down their lead to one , they scored another and locked the win. The first big test for Billy proved unsuccessful.

Next opponent for Tottenham was Everton. Billy was still learning the league and he knew that he was not at Kansas any more. Every game would be difficult and he would have to put a lot of effort to get the desirable three points.

View attachment 189021
View attachment 189016
View attachment 189012Once again we were down to two goals early in the game. We fought back though and managed to tie the game just before half time. Januzaj however was on fire unfortunately and he kept messing with our defense. Finally, a former Olympiakos player , Kostas Manolas killed us with a powerful header from a corner that was hit from the Belgian winger. Second loss in a row and Billy has still a lot to learn.

Meanwhile, Tottenham was involved in two draws. The first one was for the Capital One Cup and the second (and most important if you ask me) was for the group stage of the Europa League.

View attachment 189009

View attachment 189008

Progressing to the next phase in both Cups look due able but as always Billy was going to take one game at a time.

After the draw it was time for the game of the Europa League and White Hart Lane was all dressed up for the encounter with Toulouse FC.

View attachment 189005
View attachment 189004
After two straight losses , Billy decided to returned to his old tactic with two wingers. The team worked better in offence and if our strikers were more careful and efficient he could have scored more goals. A good win that came just in time to bring back the smile to our fans faces!

View attachment 188805
View attachment 188804
​Rubbish !! Our attackers are still cannot finish easy chances, our midfield is not working and our defense looks so vulnerable that even a five year old girl can score a goal. A lot of improvement needs to be done and that meant that Billy should start thinking of bringing some new faces to the team or else his career in Tottenham would end very soon.

View attachment 188798
View attachment 188797
Another tie ... At least we did not loose this time. The players' morale is very low right now at that does not help at all.

View attachment 188795
View attachment 188794
The team showed character here! We were behind once more but at least we left the field with one point. Tottenham's savior today was young Grigoris Xydis who dedicated his first goal with his new team to his coach, showing that despite the bad appearances the players look determined to work hard!

View attachment 188805
View attachment 188793
A win at last! Xydis was amazing again! The young Greek looks ready to leave Berahino to the bench! The English man although he was considered by Billy as his first choice upfront looks incapable of scoring even in an empty goalpost. On the other hand Xydis looks lethal for the moment and Billy hoped that this win will work as a huge morale boost. Tottenham was deep down in the league table and a fast improvement was needed.

Once in a while report how Olympiakos is doing without Bill in the leading

Back