Tough start to the CL mate, sure you will work through it though. :)

After the disaster match against the Germans , the team needed to get back to wins in the Greek League. Next stop the home match against Iraklis Thessaloniki and then the team traveled to Crete where we were going to face Platanias (the local team near Chania).

View attachment 215033

View attachment 215032

So we manage two wins in the row before the win or die match against Porto.

View attachment 215031

And we kissed this year champions league goodbye.

View attachment 215029

And Mammana is injured again...

In the Greek League things started to work fine though...
View attachment 215026

View attachment 215025

The upcoming matches were also crucial. Firstly, Porto was coming to Karaiskakis. Our last chance. If we manage to win perhaps we could able to claim the third position and a ticket to Europa League.

View attachment 215021

View attachment 215020"The final score surely does not represent this match. We manage to score the equalizer but we totaly collapsed after our own goal. It is a pity because the team tried so hard today. I would like to thank our fans for their support and their warm applause at the end".

After that it was the Greek classico. Olympiacos vs Panathinaikos. The two games against our biggest rivals our the ones that our fans expect every year.
View attachment 215019

View attachment 215018I am the only one to blame today. My decision to substitute Fortounis and Hernani our best players today backfired and Panathinaikos managed to get the late equalizer. I really though we could held our league and both our players look exhausted. Judging from the final score it was a bad call."

Last edited:
Still doing very well in the league, unlucky in the CL but you're making progress :)

Still doing very well in the league, unlucky in the CL but you're making progress :)

I remain unbeatable in Greece but to be honest I was expecting it to be like a walk in the park but it isn't . As for the CL it was like throwing a sheep in a pack of wolves !!!

Another cup match for the group stage. These games were the perfect chance for our hero to give time to players who were not considered as “the first eleven”. The opponent was another team form Crete, Ergotelis , a quite good team which were in the first League up till the previous year but did not manage to hold on due to economical problems which led the chairman to sell most of his good players.
View attachment 214682

So back in the Super league a few days before our travel to London to face Chelsea. Finally the team managed to perform according to its potential. Our best match so far!
View attachment 214680

Next stop Stanford Bridge. No stress this time since we were knocked out the next face and probably out of the Europa League.
View attachment 214678

“I am so proud of my boys tonight. We were the better team and we deserve to win but when you play against such teams as Chelsea it takes a glance of distraction and we receive a goal. We were holding a comfortable led they were one player short but despite all these they manage to equalize the match”, said coach "Billy".

Back to Piraeus for the derby with AEK Athens. AEK ,manage to qualify from the third Greek League in just two years (they fell two leagues due to economical reasons). They have lost some of their shine but great team remains that way no matter what. And to be honest they manage to show this in this game, where we lucky to get one point.

View attachment 214677
The upcoming match was for the Greek Cup. Despite the fact that Olympiacos had already qualified no complacent was allowed by its boss.
View attachment 214676
We are unbeatable in Greece so far. Even that I am not 100% percent satisfied with our performance” said Vassilis to his assistant.

The draw for the next round in the Greek Cup brought us together with our next opponent for the Super league.

View attachment 214675
Well we showed them he is going to be the boss!

View attachment 214673

So our last game for this year Champions League with two players out. And if its okay for Giannotas , Roberto was a tough loss. Thankfully for he is out with a cold.
View attachment 214671 View attachment 214669

That's a shame ...
View attachment 214668

View attachment 214665 “The last two matches in the Champions League showed that we are the only ones to blame for not continue to play on in the next phase or in Europa. The good thing is that we show great improvement and we promise to be better next year.”
View attachment 214664
And what a surprise Mammana is out AGAIN !!!!

Another match for the Greek Super League and one more great result! Finally the players our getting accustomed with the system. Things are looking great!
View attachment 214661

My apologies for my extra large post. I was carried away a bit^^)

Last edited:
Two games remained and 2015 was kissing us goodbye. With the team performing so well , they fans were certain that Thrylos was going to offer them two great performances in order for the players to finish this year they way they started it , us champions. They statics (at least in Greece) say that usually the team that is on the top of the table in the end of each year, ends up with the champion. Vassilis knew that. He has felt it as a player and know he wanted to feel it again as a manager.

View attachment 214132

Levadiakos has become our favorite team. My strikers just love it !! Eight goals for the championship and now four for the cup!

The match with Pas Giannena ( a team that his nickname name is "The Ajax of Eipirous" ) was one more proof that the team had reached the level of performance that is expected form Olympiakos in Greece.

View attachment 214124

Of course all news were not good ...
View attachment 214123

So there you have it ! 2015 is out. Next stop every sport journalist favorite period ! Transfer period ! Will the team be able to make some move or Vassilis will wait for the summer ? Stay tuned !

At this moment I would like to thank all of you guys who are watching my story so far ! It means a lot to receive this attention in my first story here !!!
View attachment 214085

Even if we are still in November in Vassilis Karapialis world we have reached the early days of the new year so happy new year to all of
you !!!

The upcoming derby with PAOK Thessaloniki was just a few days away but before that it was a glory day for the team's top scorer Ideye ...

View attachment 213888

We wanted a good win against PAOK in order to please our fans who had packed "Karaiskakis Stadium". Before the match the Nigerian striker received his award and received and warm applause.
View attachment 213885
During the ceremony he did not say anything. He answered with his performance !

After the game a surprise was expecting our hero ...
View attachment 213882
" I would like to thank Mr. Marinakis our president for his belief in me and I 'll do my best not to let him down" said Billy to the journalists.

The second match for the Greek cup against Levadiakos was a boring task for the team since their comfortable win in the first game.
View attachment 213879
"I have to apologize to our fans. We entered this game with absolutely no concentration and the rival made us pay. This must never happen again" said the coach. Unfortunately some of the players did not realize that this games are a big test from them in order for the coach to see whether they deserve to play for Olympiakos or not. It is going to be a busy summer (or a busy winter) a guess.

Next opponent for the cup will be Panionios
View attachment 213876

Now something for the Liverpool fans ...
View attachment 213877

In the next post some more games and transfer news !

So even though will we are inside the winter transfer period , the team (and its manager), had to stay focused for the upcoming matches in the Greek Super league. Okay we are in the first place but with Panathinaikos just three points behind things can change very very easy.

The team had to travel to Tripoli in Peloponisos to face the local Asteras, a dangerous team with good players. Karapialis though was not worrying about that. The weather in Tripoli this year is always rainy and windy and the pitch is most of the times filled with mud. His boys had to be extra careful.
View attachment 213727

In a pitch that looked like a swimming pool we were lucky to get one point. The thing is that Panathinaikos are only a point behind now.

Next game was in Karaiskakis with Veroia.
View attachment 213723

Good win and we still ahead in the league!

Time for the Greek Cup and the first game against Panionios.
View attachment 213720

Excuse me but who is that guy ????
View attachment 213719

Super League again...
View attachment 213718

View attachment 213717 Coach the players starting to look tired. We must rotate them more.

View attachment 213716 Lets get through with the upcoming match and we will try to rest them a little.

View attachment 213715

In Greece there is a proverb that say "Not only you survived a fall form the Acropolis rock but you also found a wallet" !! That is exactly had happened in this game. You and your big mouth Joao !!

And as I mentioned before I was going to talk to you about our transfers. Olympiakos follows Porto 's tactic a little bit. We buy a lot of players cheap and we tend to loan them in case one of them shows that he has what it takes to stay in the roster. I manage to sell some of these players in order to save the money I wanted to buy Hernani. I needed 5 million so I had to make my moves...
View attachment 213706

That 's it for today good night to you all !

Ayestaran was our assistant manager a few years ago, he was linked with a return to the coaching team in the off season but it never happened

Greek Superleague is looking strong, you looking to get the leagues coefficient high enough to get more Champs League places? Brown Ideye is beast!

Ayestaran was our assistant manager a few years ago, he was linked with a return to the coaching team in the off season but it never happened

Thanks for the tip Patrick ! I have never heard of him really !

Greek Superleague is looking strong, you looking to get the leagues coefficient high enough to get more Champs League places? Brown Ideye is beast!

I must try very hard for this. It is not so easy for a Greek team to move forward either to Champions League or Europa. My aim is to ensure that the champion will always play automatically in the group stage with out qualification games. It 's going to take hard effort for the other Greek teams as well to rise up our reputation. As for Ideye I agree 100%. I keep my fingers crossed though because in case of an injury I am going to face serious problem in offence.

Karapialis continues his effort to maintain the championship tittle to Piraeus while the Greek Supeleague is entering at it late stages. Having his contract renewed took of a lot anxiety off his back. Now the only thing he dreams is to enter the final game of this year as champion.

But let see who the League is going so far...
View attachment 213546

Before the second game cup vs Panionios , Olympiakos was traveling to Thessaloniki to face on of the most historic and one of the oldest teams in Greece, Iraklis whose nickname (because of the club's age ) is "the Old ladies".
View attachment 213542

After this win we wanted to teach Panionios a lesson for the previous Superleague match were they a gave us a very hard time.
View attachment 213541

To be honest, they tought us a lesson today. Thankfully he had won the first game.

But the big games were about to come ...
View attachment 213539

Champion game against against Platanias. Time to bang some goals and shape up.
View attachment 213537

Next stop the city of Agrinio and its local team Panaitolikos. A very tricky team capable for the best or for the worst.
View attachment 213536

An unnecessary draw we gonna have to be very careful or else the tittle could well slip off our hands.

More to come stay tunned !