Another good result in a friendly match a few days before a big official game. History repeats itself? We will see. The win against Bayern boosted the team with confidence and they manage to achieve a great away result with Twente. Billy hoped that the win against Norwich will do the same.

View attachment 210576
The team’s bus arrived at six o clock in the morning in Eleftherios Venizelos Airport. Unfortunately for the players, there was only one flight available for Belgium that day and that was this one. The driver had to horn twice in order for the players to weak up and start getting off the bus!

Nobody was in the mod to say something to journalist who were waiting, so Billy decide to release his player from that boring task. “We have to do a professional job in the first match if we want to enter the Champions’ League group stage. We feel suitably prepared confidence is high and we hope for the best”.

View attachment 210575

“We manage to get the equalizer, but that penalty made the second match very difficult. The team played well, we had some good chances to get a second goal but it was not meant to be. Right now this game is in the past and we will have to concentrate for the opening game of the Superleague. After the game with Veroia will start preparing for the rematch”.

View attachment 210571

“I want to apologize to our fellow journalists, but I want accept any questions about the game. I just want to make a statement. Wearing the jersey of Olympiakos is one thing, but playing for Olympiakos is another. Nobody is going to let us win just because we wear this jersey. All of the players will get their chance to shine this year. It is up to them to prove that they have what it takes to stay in the team. Our goal is to get the championship but if we keep playing like today we won’t even reach the playoffs”.
Billy, was very angry because since the second game against Club Brugge was very close, he decided to rotate the team but most of the players (who had some complaints for little game time), played very bad.
“Maybe our roster was not so strong after all”, Billy whispered to his assistant after the press conference. But they had no time for that discussion. In three days’ time Brugge was coming to Karaiskakis in order to defend the result from the first game. The away goal had left some hopes to Billy and his players but they had to play their best so as to get the desirable result.

View attachment 210569
“We manage to achieve our first goal for this season tonight. I want to congratulate our players for their performance. It was our best game since I took over so far and I truly hope to continue like this. Once again we want to give a lot of credits to our fans. They ‘ve created a wonderful atmosphere and they were our twelfth player”!

So despite our lose in the League we manage to the enter the group stage of ECL (and improve our finance). That 's all for now stay tuned and ...
View attachment 210567

I would like to ask if anyone has the same problem as me... I cannot put any like to a post since yesterday. I can do it only by using tapatalk.

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9300 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks a lot ! I don't know how but today this problem is solved. Still cannot understand why it happened but since it' s fixed it's ok!!

They were temporarily removed as part of some site maintenance that occurred yesterday. Back in action today though :)

After the win against Brugge, Billy had the time to reconsider his roster. The bad result in the game with Veroia, had troubled him a lot and created second thoughts about the quality of the team and the number of option he had in his disposal.

The decision was taken. He needed one more case in case of Ideye get injured or is a bad form. Diamantakos had potentials but he was not sure that young Dimitris was capable of handling the pressure a player has when he plays for Olympiakos. Billy gave the order to his scouts to find the appropriate player. On the back of his head though, he had already found the player he was looking for.

The game against the team from Thraki was on the matches were the crowd expects an easy win and some good football. Olympiakos achieved both.
View attachment 209669

View attachment 209667

In the nick of time, Billy managed to close a very good deal for Olympiakos. Alfreo Finnboganson, returned to Piraeus but this time not as a loaner. This deal resulted in Ben Mohamed ‘s selling since he was not needed any more. Finbogason relation with Olympiakos was like a soap opera. The president tried to buy him while he was playing for Heerenveen in Holland but the Island chose Real Sociedad instead. Unfortunately for him he did not found there the playing time he expected (an injury in the beginning of his first season did not help) so Olympiakos came again and made a loan offer. Karapialis though sent him back in order to empty the team’s total salary so as to buy Zivkovic. During the past season Finbo returned as a loaner and had some good appearances but Sociedad was asking too much to sell him and Billy decided to wait. Finally he managed to snap him in the last day!

We wanted to get a second win in row in order to make up for the bad result against Veroia. The game was not going to be easy though since Atromitos is one of teams which always troubled Olympiakos.

View attachment 209658
“Your behavior is unacceptable Giannis for two reasons! First and most important you left the team with ten players and made our efforts even more difficult. Secondly you are the team’s leader and you should set an example for the others. Since I have to hide from the team I am letting you know in front of your teammates that I am going to fine you”
Next day, the team was travelling to Moscow for the first game of the group stage of this champion’s league. Billy sat with Maniatis during the whole journey and explained him that he expected more for him and that he going to give him a chance to prove himself in the game against the Russians. Maniatis thanked his coach and promised him that he would give everything he had.

View attachment 209654

A good way to start this year attempt in Champion’s League. We played well and If we were more careful we could have won the match. By no means though a tie is a good result.
Panionios was coming to Karaiskakis looking very good so far. On the other hand Olympiakos was still unconvincing in Superleague. But all media predicted that it was going to be an easy win for the home team.

View attachment 209638

We are still struggling… Our offence is not working at all. Ideye must feel so lonely sometimes in the field. Something must be changed in the tactic.

An easy cup game and a chance to rest some player and try some tweaks in the tactic.

View attachment 209633

View attachment 209643“I am happy with the result and with the players that came in the team”.

The upcoming match was a traditional derby. PAOK was feeling confident for a good result since Olympiakos was not looking at all intimidating and the team from Thessaloniki was going to take advantage of that.

After the game, Billy in a happy mood said : “All the players in the team know the importance of these games and what they mean to our fans. I hope that this win and the way we played to work as a compass for the upcoming game in the championship”.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

Last edited:
Second game In ECL and a chance for our first win. Salzburg was not going to be an easy opponent.

View attachment 209268

Another draw. This time I wanted a win though. Anyway, at least we did not lose the match since they had some good chances in front of Roberto.

The first place of the Greek League was drifting apart from Olympiakos. Billy had to move fast or else this season was going to end from December. In Tripoli thing are always difficult though…
View attachment 209266

“We must sit down and think. The team is not looking good and we are all to blame. It is so disappointing since all of the players try very hard in the training ground. Next game is with Panathinaikos. We promised to enter this game more determined than ever”.

View attachment 209266View attachment 209264

In the post game interview Billy said :"When the mvp of the match is the opposite goalkeeper there is not much to analyze. Steele was amazing and despite the fact the dominated Panathinaikos today he manage to win a point for his team. Our fans understood who was the better team today with their applause."

View attachment 209268

Even though they were left with ten on the field, they managed to get the win. Chicharito played like a God and he destroyed us.

View attachment 209255

View attachment 209253

Something must be done with the defensive function of the team. It is unacceptable to receive three goals from smaller teams.

View attachment 209268

"It was a win or die match. We decided to live. I am ecstatic with the team performance" said Billy

View attachment 209266

Mr. Marinakis (the chairman) was delighted after the win against the Germans and the team's performance. He decided to offer a gift to Billy. So after the win against Apollon for the Superleague he announced to him that ...
View attachment 209249

Our manager did not waste time at all. He started his calls and after two days...
View attachment 209248View attachment 209247

And before we close the post lets all see where Olympiakos stands in Superleague , Champion's League and Greek Cup

View attachment 209244
View attachment 209243

View attachment 209242

Sory for not posting anything yesterday but did not hade any time at all! It was a very packed weekend. I 'll post an update within this day !

With the last two games for the group stage of the Champions League coming up fast, the team had to maintain its form both in Europe and in Greece. We still had way ahead of us in order to reach the top of the Greek Superleague.

Pas Giannena was visiting Karaiskakis stadium and Billy wanted a win in order for his players to face the Russians with a good spirit.

View attachment 208057

Despite the fact that our health sheet was not clean, we had to win the next match so as to ensure that we will still playing in Europe this season.

View attachment 208052

View attachment 208055

Yes yes yes !!! We manage our first goal. Now the tough task was to claim a victory in Austria in order to qualify for the knock out stage. But first Olympiakos had to travel to Thessaloniki for the championship.

View attachment 208048

Another good win in Greece ! The team 's performance is becoming more and more steady !

View attachment 208045

Ouch !!! That hurt a lot ! We were ahead with two goals and after an amazing fightback they managed to beat us. !! Anyway it doesn't matter because CSKA won the Germans in the other game and as a result ... WE ARE IN THE KNOCK OUT PHASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From now on Billy 's favorite drink is going to be Vodka!!

View attachment 208042

So no more games in Europe until February. Time to focus completely in Greece and reclaim the top spot! It won't be easy but I have faith in the team !!

Nice job reaching the knockout stages hope you get a good draw

Well done mate! This is the first time I've noticed the story!! Will be following closely but what a start :)

We 've reached December and just a few weeks before this year leaves Olympiakos , Billy wanted to end 2016 with style (wins). More over , he could not wait for the new year to come and his new recruit, Kyriakos Papadopoulos to wear the jersey of Olympiakos and adds great quality to the team 's defense. But let take things one at a time. Firstly he had the Superleague Games :

View attachment 207416

Some good wins there! And the team managed to climb to 2nd position just one point behind Panathinaikos!

Then the Greek Cup
View attachment 207375

We have the rematch in Karaiskakis and looking good to qualify !

Between all these games we had the draw for the next phase of the Champions League...

It won't be easy but we fear no one !!!

And just before 2016 waved us goodbye we had the world football awards ...

Last but not least, Santa Claus (Vangelis Marinakis) brought another gift to Billy. Our hero was so delighted that he did mot mind at all the fact that he was going to opened in six months time ...

That 's all for now! Once again I would like to thank everyone who is watching! Next post will be in a week cause I am leaving tomorrow morning for vacations in Paris and I am so excited since it will be my first time there !! Goodnight to you all !!

Some great results there and a fantastic signing! Have fun in Paris :)