With Panathinaikos having a great form in the late stages of the League and Olympiakos being unstable nobody could predict the final winner. In the last few days Mr. Karapialis was starting to feel uncertain. He was trying very hard to keep these fears to himself though as he did not want to affect his team.

Every match was considered to be a final ...
View attachment 213468

Another goalless draw...

View attachment 213464
At last a huge win ! Get in guys ! Unfortunately not for the Championship but a win and especially away against Panathinaikos is always welcome.

View attachment 213463

Nooooooooo !!!! I would trade our win in the cup for a win here any day... Panathinaikos is up ahead ...

View attachment 213462

Maybe we should start preparing ourselves for the palyoffs ...:S

View attachment 213458
A glimpse of hope ...

View attachment 213457

Yes !!! There is fuel in tank left!!! We are not over yet!

View attachment 213455

Greek cup final here we come! AEK Ahtens will be our rival !

View attachment 213454

One game before the end and we are one point behind. We play against Giannena and Panathinaikos against Veroia. Fingers crossed.
View attachment 213453

We lost the game and the tittle... Even though Panathinaikos did not manage to win we did not took advantage of it ... So frustrated. I hope to win the cup at least...

Final Table
View attachment 213452

Once again very very very sorry for the large post. I would appreciated if someone could show me how to insert spoilers since I have not found it.

Good run in the cup and unlucky losing the league on the last day for spoilers it's something like [/spoiler] or

Good run in the cup and unlucky losing the league on the last day for spoilers it's something like [/spoiler] or
Thank you my friend ! Yeah but if we were more careful we could have won the tittle before reaching the agony of the final game. The thing is that my transfer budget is going to be extremely low now I guess and I could really use the money in order to shape up my defense. We will see.

Unlucky mate!! Tough break losing on the last day.

Unlucky mate!! Tough break losing on the last day.

To be honest I always felt that one away or another I would win it so I faced games against easy (theoretically) team a little bit arrogant !

Last edited:
well, nice story! Surprised to see Panathinaikos winning the league. Anyway, good luck for next season.

An AEK Athens fan

well, nice story! Surprised to see Panathinaikos winning the league. Anyway, good luck for next season.

An AEK Athens fan

Hello my friend! Very glad you enjoying this! As for the tittle I have to give credit to Panathinaikos since they were always so close ready to take advantage any bad result!
And a small teaser since you are an AEK fan you will be very happy with my next post!

With the championship tittle being gone , Olympiakos had one more chance to end this season with a trophie, the Greek cup. Their opponent team AEK Athens had defeated them a few weeks ago and the only think that the were thinking in Olympiakos 's camp was revenge.

View attachment 213068

View attachment 213067"I must apologize to our fans. Unfortunately it was a bad day at the office for everyone in this team. We wanted this tittle we fought for it but when you reach the penalties it is all luck. Now we have to focus for the playoffs which is a new a thing for us ,since the team had last played 5 years ago." One think that me and the team can promise you is to return strong and hungry for both tittles next year. Ending this press conference I would to ask from our fans to support us in the remaining games. I can understand their disappointment but now the team needs them more than aver."

During the playoffs the team had its ups and down. Luckily we manage to secure the first place and a ticket to champions league qualification stage in the last game against AEK and in fact because in the other match PAOK conceived a goal in the last minutes of his game with Xanthi !! Don 't ask how I did not understand it either ! The thing is that lot of things must change in the next season...

Here is the final table (I am so frustrated that I did not had the mod to take screenshots from the results of every game so I am just posting the final table. Hope you understand...)

View attachment 213066
Lets hope that the posts for the upcoming season will be more successful ! Bye for now !

A frustrating season for you mate! Am sure you will come back stronger next year and win some trophies!

At least you made the Champions League Qualification stage

A frustrating season for you mate! Am sure you will come back stronger next year and win some trophies!

At least you made the Champions League Qualification stage

Unfortunately not taking the championship means that my transfer budget is going to be very small and I am going to face some great European team (e.g. Arsenal or Napoli) in order to reach the group stage of the Champions League.
I have to do a lot of thinking in order to put together a strong team (with a tiny budget) and try to retain all my good players like Romero, Kasami, Fortounis , Zivkovic and Ideye. It is going to be a very interesting season! I did not had the time to play this weekend but I am planning to post an update during this day.

Unfortunately not taking the championship means that my transfer budget is going to be very small and I am going to face some great European team (e.g. Arsenal or Napoli) in order to reach the group stage of the Champions League.
I have to do a lot of thinking in order to put together a strong team (with a tiny budget) and try to retain all my good players like Romero, Kasami, Fortounis , Zivkovic and Ideye. It is going to be a very interesting season! I did not had the time to play this weekend but I am planning to post an update during this day.

You'll figure something out mate, I have faith in Billy ;)

While the team was being prepared for the upcoming season, Mr. Karapialis had a lot of thinking and planning to do, in order to have a strong and competitive group of players so as to bring back both Greek tittles to Piraeus, and to achieve entering in the group stage of the Champions League.
He was not prepared to change his system, since he believed that with some small changes and one or two players the team could work like a Swiss clock! The first thing that he definitely needed, was a fast and strong defender. Fast players on defense was the key to his system and that did not worked properly last year. One of his old friends, form the years that he was a footballer, had become an agent and he informed him about a great opportunity. Jores Okore was transfer listed. He was the ideal player, fast, strong and with some good technique for a central defender. Okore, became immediately Olympiakos number one transfer target!
In middle field Milivogevic , Kasami and Romero, were going to be his first choices. Behind those three were Maniatis, Zdjelar and … no one else. He had to find a guy who could play mostly as a box to box. But who was going to be the chosen one?
In the flanks and in offence was more than ok. Hernani and Zivkovic were very good last year and with Gianniotas and Pardo coming behind them our manager was satisfied. The same stands for Ideye and Fortounis, his best men upfront. Ben, Diamantakos (who had returned from loan) and Fuster (also returned from loan) will be the backups.
The team’s reduced transfer budget, did not enable a lot of transfers. Billy should be very selective this year and not only that, he should also offload players, in order to find some more cash.
During these thoughts the preparation stage of the team was progressing well. A lot of friendly matches had been arranged in order for the players to work their tactical roles. Everybody in the team, were also waiting the draw for the third Qualification stage of the Champions League, where they were hoping for an equal (or smaller opponent) in order for Olympiakos to secure at least playing in the Europa League.
But enough with the words! Let see something louder… images!!

Our friendly matches so far ...
View attachment 211442

Our team transfer deals ...
View attachment 211441

I am so happy for capturing this lad !!
View attachment 211440

And while I was searching for a back up player for Kasami, I noticed that I have just sent this player out on a loan ...
View attachment 211438 With a little training, he will turn into to a wonderful box to box! So I called him back and saved some more money!(H)

What about the Champions League draw you might ask ? Well I cam say that lady luck smiled us...
View attachment 211435 Of course that doesn't mean that he must take these two games lightly.

While Billy was trying to squeeze Olympiakos budget in order to protect the team for the restriction of UEFA Financial Fair Play this came up ...
View attachment 211431 Who would imagine a former Olympiakos player to be sold for such a fee !!!!

Last but not least a job offer from Italy came up ...
View attachment 211430

I was not prepared to leave yet. Lets take those two Greek trophies back first and job offers will come again!

Next post some more friendly and the games against Twente bye for now and once again thank you all for watching !!!

Our next friendly match was going to be our big rehearsal for the two games against Twente. Our opponent the one and only Bayern Munich !

View attachment 211364

A very good result! I was not expecting that to be honest. It seems like the tactic is starting to pay off at last!

But the upcoming match was the important one...

View attachment 211359

View attachment 211354

View attachment 211350"I am very very pleased with our performance today! My boys showed a great deal of character today! But I can ensure you that we won't take the second match lightly! I want to thank our fans who travel from all around Europe to support us today! They were fantastic and we dedicate our win to them !!"

After the huge away win in Holland, the team’s assistant coach, had arranged a friendly match, so as the players who had not played against Twente, to get some playing time. The opening game for the Greek Superleague was not that far anymore and Billy wanted all of his players to ready.
View attachment 211009

Speaking of the Greek Superleague, Olympiakos was given the strongest favorite for the title from the media. It was up to the team to prove that last year performance was a just a bad dream.
View attachment 211011

Later that day young attacker Dimitris Diamantakos requested a private meeting with Karapialis. Billy rejected Montpellier ‘s offer for Dimitris and that made him furious. Despite the fact that he was promised to have a good playing time during this season (as a first backup behind Ideye), Diamantakos expressed his desire to leave the club in order to join the French. Both men agreed to accept any offer from Montpellier. Billy wanted to keep to him but not against Dimitris will.
View attachment 211010

It was not a good time for destructions though… The second match against Twente was coming fast and Billy wanted the team to proceed in Europe as much as possible this year.

View attachment 211008
View attachment 211007

Unfortunately, our manager had to deal with some serious injuries before a crucial match. And if Kasami‘s absence was known Siovas‘s injury came to disrupt his plans for the starting line up.
View attachment 211006

View attachment 211005View attachment 211004
Get in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes !! at least win manage to participate in this year Europa League. Let's hope for another good draw now...

View attachment 211003
Just what we needed ! An opponent on our size ! We have some strong possibilities here!

All of sudden , after the two matches against Twente , Karapialis name become popular in many teams that were on the lookout for a manager...
View attachment 211001View attachment 211000

Our hero was not prepared to leave though...

Nice to see the big clubs taking notice!

Yes you and me both ha ha ! Barca offer was very tempting since I have never played a save with them before! But my goal is to win the championship with my favorite team. Offers will come again!