Birmingham 0-3 Arsenal

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal stay in touch with the Premier League leaders after a convincing win over Birmingham at St Andrew's.

More...

cheating *****
they beat us in both fixtures due to cheating although in this one nasri pwned
We could have been 2-0 up at Half time

Pressure on Chelsea after the rest of the teams in the pack won their games today.

v Persie clearly dived for the original free kick which led to his goal, although they definitely deserved the comfortable win.

only saw the 2nd half. i think we desvered the win.

Dive for first goal next game very important for gooners against man city

bitter much?

we were better than you the whole game and deserved the 3-0 win

thats us done the double over you :D

both games won with dives and refereeing decisions

I would say well done Arsenal you won where United struggled but Ronan might think I support Arsenal :p

Definitely Arsenal deserved to win, we were lack luster in the second half and were punished.

However... goals change games, refereeing decisions change games, blatant hand ball "apparently" a penalty should have been given, "could" have changed the game. Like it did fortunately for us last time out against United.

The massive frustration from the game besides the poor performance is the way the sport of football is going, maybe 6 or 7 times Arsenal players went down with hardly a scratch holding something as if shot. Not one of them got substituted injured, shockingly...

To me its an absolute disgrace and ruins the game. Also someone please correct me if Im wrong, is it not only compulsory to stop the game for a head injury? 3 occasions today the referee stopped the game for practically nothing, and definitely not anything to do with the head, allowing Arsenal to get the ball back from us through "fair play" giving it back, contradiction?!

Other than that, fair play Arsenal, other than faking injury and crowding referees in an attempt to convince, A very good attacking team that showed their metal today, still shaky at the back though for sure, a big investment in a world class centre back and we would be looking at the champions.

bitter much?

we were better than you the whole game and deserved the 3-0 win

thats us done the double over you :D

You were certainly the better team, but wouldn't say you deserved the 3-0 win. Quite clearly RVP for the first goal and then Birmingham should have had a penalty. Although you did dominate the 2nd half if the ref made the correct decisions in the first half then Arsenal would have been up against it.

a nice 0-3 win well deserverd birmingham were left to just consistant fouling, bowyers stamp summed up brums tactics, there down to 2nd from bottom and hopefully heading into the championship happy days |)

a nice 0-3 win well deserverd birmingham were left to just consistant fouling, bowyers stamp summed up brums tactics, there down to 2nd from bottom and hopefully heading into the championship happy days |)

Consistant fouling? Minimal contact.

It's not our fault that your players fall at the slightest touch (if any touch)

If decisions had gone our way we'd have no way been trailing at half time. The amount of times one of the the Arsenal players pulled up with an 'injury' when ever we began to counter was frankly disgusting. If I was Bowyer, I'd of 'stamped' on one of those ***** too ;)

If decisions had gone our way we'd have no way been trailing at half time. The amount of times one of the the Arsenal players pulled up with an 'injury' when ever we began to counter was frankly disgusting. If I was Bowyer, I'd of 'stamped' on one of those ***** too ;)

nice so u think the stamp on sagna was ok then?

I did notice this, actually. Quite apart from the horrifically bad diving, there was the continual niggly little complaints that miraculously disappeared as soon as play has been brought to a close. Cynical tactics by Arsenal.

nice so u think the stamp on sagna was ok then?

What about Eboue's stamp on Ridgewell's back at the Emirates? That was much worse than today's. Karma my friend.

Was it just me or were the linesmen (on both sides) utter tripe?

did you see the bowyer stamp on sagna?

That's not cynical, that's dirty. There's a rather big difference. Besides, we all know Lee Bowyer's hardly a paragon, unlike Arsenal who are supposed to be the "good guys".