Birmingham v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 2K
I've given up with Rafa now. I think at the end of the season he should go, I don't really care if it's £20Million we will lose, If he stays we'll just get even more in ****.

We need a new manager who knows how to take a team places.

If it means him getting Sacked, i hope we don't win the Europa cup or finish 4th. But the owners seem to be very faithful to him,too bad they picked the wrong manager to be faithful to :l 4Th place wasn't a long shot, it was very possible, that's why i'm suprised Torres came off, he seems to NEVER lose hope. After the season finishes he'll be saying "There's always still hope Tottenham get a point reduction,yes?"

Replacing Torres with N'Gog when you need to win was madness,even Torres himself couldnt believe it. I think Benitez would rather win the Europa than a 4th place spot,that means he's thinking short term rather than long term.
i couldnt understand the reasoning behind that. Surely 4th place is much more important that the europa league. i was on 606 during the game, and some liverpool fans were so baffled by it, they actually though that rafa was deliberately trying not to get 4th place. Now liverpool fans are faithful almost to a fault, so when you get some liverpool fans thinking that, something is definitely very very wrong

If im honest the day he guaranteed 4th place i knew they wouldnt make it,it was yet another crazy statement from him,he should of kept his mouth shut and got on with his work quietly. Nobody likes a gobshite,and everybody tries harder to beat them.

He said they'd finish 4th to get some of the attention from the ***** performing players (All but Torres,Reina and Mascherano)

rafa seems to be crushing liverpool's never say die attitude. there is no fight in liverpool, even as a united fan its genunely sad to see. i hope he goes for their sake

IMO going out of the europa league wouldn't be a bad thing as it's pretty obvious Rafa is focusing on that. I reckon he does it just to keep his stock high in europe (N) By taking Torres off it showed he was prepared to settle for a draw. How is Aquilani supposed to get over his 'mental' injuries if he hardly plays. I've been dissapointed with Rafa's tactics this season, time and time again he's been far too negative and i'd be suprised to see him walk out as Liverpool manager next season...

Coming from an Everton point of view I don't think Rafa will ever walk out/resign, mainly to the fact compensation. Think about it, walk out, he gets nothing, zilch. If he waits to get sacked, he gets however much million in his bank for doing a poor job, its win win for Rafa unless he truly loves Liverpool then its win lose <)

I heard a few different stories about Torres. The main one being he was tired and another was he was struggling with his right knee? He looked 100% fit. However, if he's saving him for the Europa League tie then I can't blame him. Although we do need to get 4th we also haven't won a trophy in 4-5 years. Just to add, rafa won't get the sack. We're behind him too much and you can tell that when you go the games. No one ever shouts get rafa sacked or any of the sort. Instead, we sing his name a few minutes into the game every match. If anyone needs to go if them f***in yanks, oh and David N'gog.

rafa seems to be crushing liverpool's never say die attitude. there is no fight in liverpool, even as a united fan its genunely sad to see. i hope he goes for their sake

[sarcasm]Yup in the last 30 minutes yesterday we were so flat, no fighting spirit at all.[/sarcasm]

[sarcasm]Yup in the last 30 minutes yesterday we were so flat, no fighting spirit at all.[/sarcasm]
Did you see gerrards face. he looked a broken man. we dont normally see that.

Did you see gerrards face. he looked a broken man. we dont normally see that.

[sarcasm]Yup in the last 30 minutes yesterday Gerrard was awful, definitely his worst performance of the season.[/sarcasm]

Gerrard has looked like a slapped **** all season, but the good thing about the Birmingham game is that it just looked like a split-second 'WTF?' reaction to the substitution which the cameras picked up on. But credit to him, he played his best stuff after Torres went off which was good to see.

[sarcasm]Yup in the last 30 minutes yesterday Gerrard was awful, definitely his worst performance of the season.[/sarcasm]

Gerrard has looked like a slapped **** all season, but the good thing about the Birmingham game is that it just looked like a split-second 'WTF?' reaction to the substitution which the cameras picked up on. But credit to him, he played his best stuff after Torres went off which was good to see.

Where did i ever say he played awful?

He looked broken all the way through. His body language was awful. I can see him asking to leave in the summer. Then will you realise that benitez has ruined your great club? or will you just blame gerrard.

Where did i ever say he played awful?

He looked broken all the way through. His body language was awful. I can see him asking to leave in the summer. Then will you realise that benitez has ruined your great club? or will you just blame gerrard.

I think our great club was ruined a long time before Benitez arrived and anyone who thinks Benitez hasn't improved things massively since he's arrived need to go back to the hole they crawled from.

We need to get behind the manager, we have had our key players injured and Rafa is a **** but we need to get behind him. You call yourselves Liverpool fans if you give up? I am disgusted :@!

I think our great club was ruined a long time before Benitez arrived and anyone who thinks Benitez hasn't improved things massively since he's arrived need to go back to the hole they crawled from.

It slightly improved. then it went back to where it was. Now it has got even Lower.

So he has took Liverpool as far as he can. He needs to move on or be moved on. Or your going to turn into a mid table club before too long.

It slightly improved. then it went back to where it was. Now it has got even Lower.

So he has took Liverpool as far as he can. He needs to move on or be moved on. Or your going to turn into a mid table club before too long.
Well said. He has taken us as far as he can, he doesn't actually love the club he just loves the job and money in my opinion.

He has very poor man-management skills, the players don't like him that much, not as much as Houllier anyway. I reckon he should leave but he won't and we'll have to accept that.

Back