Birmingham wrap up Zigic signing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 3K
Zigic vs. Carew at the next derby, the mind boggles.

Lets hope we dont hoof ball like you did in both games this season ;)

i have read this entire thread from the start after being up in Cheshire Oaks all day :P have only just saw this lovely piece of news :), you all have good points, and all could be right in depending what happens.

EVERY single signing that signs from a different league has the potential to flop or flourish!
Managers make these calculated risks every time they sign them, they don't look at their stats and say he's got a 15 finish gotta sign him XD

By the way we play flinging crosses into the box, surely a human lamp post will be successful, we shall see. I am pleased with the signing because we have lacked height for a few years now and its nice to see some and a bit more :P

I think Big Eck is working wonders atm signed two gems so far, a couple maybe 3 more like this and we will have a more than adequate squad i think. I dont want Europe though yet at all, just another similar season please. Slowly building a structure is the way to success.

"John Carew. Carew, hes bigger than me and you, he's not bigger than Zigic, Nik Zigic, Zigic" XD

Wheeyyy, you made one <)

Not the best but we'll work on it ;)

'Der, der, der, der, Niko Zigic!'*

Good signing for brum, i hope that kompany has this guy in his pocket, hes dangerous, tall, strong and a good finisher considering his height

Wheeyyy, you made one <)

Not the best but we'll work on it ;)

'Der, der, der, der, Niko Zigic!'*

Its a shocking song mate XD just made it up on the spot. Im sure the Tilton lads will be cracking one out soon enough ;)

I think we should make one, post it on some messageboards and see if it gets sung XD

Any ideas?

I think we should make one, post it on some messageboards and see if it gets sung XD

Any ideas?

How about

Nikola Zigic
Doesn't play quidditch
he's into the football
and he's six foot tall
He plays for the Brum
And he's not ******* dum
Walking in a Zigic wonderland (H)

^^ Above was aweful lol =) Good signing tbf, but 8mill... I can see him being another maierhofer (sp). Btw about time some blues fans agreed christian benitez is/was aweful and not even quick imo, people play too much fm and fifa =)

im not a birmingham fan and i thought benitez was a pretty good player he just lacked composure in front of goal

He wasn't awful :S

He didn't score many but always worked and laid on a good few. As to him not being quick, that's rubbish, and Zigic was 6 million not 8.

Only sensible thing you said was that he's a good signing.

I read 8mill and the public can never know the full figure, 6million is probably what valencia recieved, agents fees included must be above the 6mill mark, anyway ive been a fan of zigic and i think he could do well but at his height and i think hes on the older side of 29 with no prem experience he could be a disappointment come next year; the reason i think this is because with big men like zigic a decline in fitness can happen rapidly and i dont think he has the pace to keep up, though ive always said that about crouch.
On the topic of benetiz he is aweful, just because he played for blues and your a fan you cant defend how over rated he was and really hes no where near as fast as people make him out to be, probably average pace if that, compared to jerome he moves as much as a drunk sailor stranded on an island.

Thats because its in comparison to Jerome! Benetiz could shift pretty will, it was his composure and strength that let him down. Chucho was never proclaimed a good player because of his pace, EVER! it was his technical ability and skill, so your talking about irrelevant ****. he is not a premiership player and never will be because he isnt up for the fight, end of. He was a loan and worth it for the season, but is this thread about Chucho?

like i said earlier in the thread he could go either way like every signing! im pleased we have gone for a european recognised player. hopefully it will come off. cant judge him until he plays.

All players with a slight bit of pace are proclaimed good players... its the same in most proffessions, people like to grasp onto these physical aspects, i admit i havent watched benitez enough to keep up a debate but ineffectual forwards cant be held in high regard but are anyway which is what i dont understand about the modern game, sorry for bringing it up, it seems some fans dont like conflict unless theyre 100% right.
Anyway im just glad blues fans have something of their own to look forward to instead of their fixation with villa |)

He's big, He's Tall , He wins every ball Zigic Zigic
He shoots, He Scores, He hears the roars of Zigic Zigic

Back