Resource icon

BJT Masterclass – 361 / Nullifying the Opposition - my Pragmatic Approach 2

Realy good job my friend!I am wondering if I had a tall striker like lukaku should I play him as a Target man on (AT)
I will test It for sure...I am crazy about good defensive staff :)

Reactions: BJT
Realy good job my friend!I am wondering if I had a tall striker like lukaku should I play him as a Target man on (AT)
I will test It for sure...I am crazy about good defensive staff :)
Cheers mate! I thought you might like this one actually :) Well hopefully it works for you also. I think it can use an attacking target man...as long as he's fairly all-rounded. I'd probably tick off the riskier passes and roam from position instructions currently on the CF-A. Let me know how it works.

Cheers mate! I thought you might like this one actually :) Well hopefully it works for you also. I think it can use an attacking target man...as long as he's fairly all-rounded. I'd probably tick off the riskier passes and roam from position instructions currently on the CF-A. Let me know how it works.
So If I decide to play with CF not TM I need to tick off currently instruction on CF(risk passes and roam from position)?

So If I decide to play with CF not TM I need to tick off currently instruction on CF(risk passes and roam from position)?
No no, the downloaded tactic should be played as it is. If you change to a Target Man, then reduce the riskier passes and remove roaming. :) As in leave the options unselected.

No no, the downloaded tactic should be played as it is. If you change to a Target Man, then reduce the riskier passes and remove roaming. :) As in leave the options unselected.
Tnx man looking forward to test it with Inter Milano too :)

Reactions: BJT
Pre season doing wonderfull!!!
Watching the games in extended higlights and observing a lot focusing on AMC role I think so and I am quite sure that this is a one piece of ART my friend...my compliments!Looking forward to start a season later!

Pre season doing wonderfull!!!
Watching the games in extended higlights and observing a lot focusing on AMC role I think so and I am quite sure that this is a one piece of ART my friend...my compliments!Looking forward to start a season later!
Good to hear m8 :) Art sure don't have to be pretty ;)

10 Clean sheets in 14 games in my Internazionale save :)
BRILLIANT !!!!

going to try this with inter now and with a minor team like chievo after... Just wondering how to put Lukaku+Lautaro here.
I am playing with Inter and Lautaro is first choice,scored 10/ in 10 games...impossible to play it together in this formation...

Nice. Are you playing with Lukaku behind Lautaro?
No its not possible,Lukaku on bench until become unhappy then sell him and bring some young player who will be happy to be squad member,not first team player...thats my plan :)

im really keen to use this with my beloved sheffield united what do you mean by show all opposition wide players to the touch line ? so for the stupid question but ive never really used oppo instructions on any version of fm

10 Clean sheets in 14 games in my Internazionale save :)
BRILLIANT !!!!
Glad it's working! I got 27 clean sheets in 38 games in my Inter save - you better not break it lol.

What I would say now though is after testing it in Spain with Athletico Madrid, it definitely does not work there. I guess being a possession based league there are less opportunities to break and playing more direct means you'll be starved too much of the football.

With that said we still had the best defensive record - just that Morata or Costa weren't prolific enough and scoring was a real problem - or maybe they just weren't good enough?? I guess in general though wingless formations will tend to work best in Italy, so this tactic is best to be used here.

im really keen to use this with my beloved sheffield united what do you mean by show all opposition wide players to the touch line ? so for the stupid question but ive never really used oppo instructions on any version of fm
Great stuff - do let me know how you get on if you could. Haven't tested it in the Prem, it works in Italy but not Spain.

Don't worry with the OIs, most don't seem to know :)

Basically the opponents left flank players (LB/WBL/LW/AML - show onto the left foot, being the touchline) - And visa versa for the right. It promotes compactness of the backliine, makes the opponents highly predictable, and forces inside forwards away from goal.

I always defend in this manner, except for my Pep / very high possession systems.