Blackburn Rovers - A Championship Team in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
try loan yannis tafer....
he can help with ur striker....

Thanks, any suggestions from other managers I will always take into account. :)

This is vastly becoming a favourite FM Story of mine due to the fact that it's very well organised and very easy to read. Hope you do well (H)

Thank you Mike. When (if) I make it to the end of this season - I may dulge into a bit of roleplay, what do you think? Will it make the story more popular or will it be good just the way it is? ;)

can u recall ur player that on loan at sheff utd??
and dont sale him, he a decent player....
(actually forgot his name.... :p)

weird... when i play sheff utd there was someone...
right now i`m at office, so i cant view who he is...
but nevermind....

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

now i remember, keith treacy....

Okay - also there is Mark Bunn in goal. Treacy is a good player, unfortunatly will always be picked seond behind Pedersen - so, if I can get him playing first-team football regularly, that is a great bonus.

hey, wicked story mate. Looks like you're doing pretty well with one of the worst teams in the Premiership IMO. Franco di Santo though, glad you can see his potential ;) he's a beast in the air.
Could you tell me how I post screenshots in a thread please? That's anyone reading this thread.

hey, wicked story mate. Looks like you're doing pretty well with one of the worst teams in the Premiership IMO. Franco di Santo though, glad you can see his potential ;) he's a beast in the air.
Could you tell me how I post screenshots in a thread please? That's anyone reading this thread.

This might not be the most impressive way of doing it, but it works for me. I use Print Screen on the page I want and paste it into a Paint document. Save it as a .png and away we go. Then on here you go to manage attachments and upload your pictures.

Hope it helps,
David

P.S. If anyone has any advice that may make my story better, please suggest - such as logos which I am working on or including roleplay. Also, any players you feel I would benefit in loaning or buying would also be much appreciated.

I don't think it looks like you need to add much more to the team, there's a good balance there for a first season. Maybe bring in a few young players cos you have a fairly old squad, but other than that its lookin good.

I don't think it looks like you need to add much more to the team, there's a good balance there for a first season. Maybe bring in a few young players cos you have a fairly old squad, but other than that its lookin good.

That was my ambition at the start of the season. I have signed 5 or 6 'wonderkids' that will develop for the first team. I also have 1 coming on January 1st and 2 more at the end of the season. Wonderkids were an ambition of mine due to their relatively low prices at the moment and have youth contracts.

Regards,
David Charnock

Fantastic layout mate, very enjoyable to read. pretty good start there hopefully you can maintain it :)

Fantastic layout mate, very enjoyable to read. pretty good start there hopefully you can maintain it :)

Thanks Deano - compliments are always welcome. :D
Any suggestions that could make it better? :)

September Summary

A really poor month, results wise - expecting nine points and ending up with four. But still, liked by the fans and eigth in the league - I can't be doing terrably. But, after some controversy after the Bolton game - I have been warned by the FA after my action against a blatant goal that was ruled offside - so now I am under slight pressure from the board to - as they put it - 'keep my lid'.

- - - - -

--- Results ---
  • Fulham 1 - 0 Blackburn Rovers
    A lively start by both teams but with Fulham with more of the possession. Blackburn's defence held on and pressured Fulham to take shots from outside the area. Towards the end of the first half, Blackburn started to step up. Two very poor desicions by the linesman putting Blackburn under un-needed pressure. Robinson was on form and without him Rovers would be done and dusted. A very interesting half, where the game could have gone anyway. Blackburn came out the stronger in the second half making a couple of early chances. Another poor decision, disallowing a perfectly good goal for Rovers. Some really poor finishing proved costly as Fulham scored a flooky goal in the 83rd minute - Roberts played it backwards, right into the path of Murphy placing it into the corner. A very poor overall preformance.

• Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 Bolton Wanderers
    Brett Emerton
    Blackburn really stuck the pressure on right from the go, creating many early chances. Blackburn dominated all over the park and deserved their 22nd minute goal, smashed into the top corner by Brett Emerton. A bit of a lapse at the back giving Bolton a golden opportunity, but they couldn't deliver. Steinsson with an awful challenge on Pedersen, resulted in a red card just before half-time. Blackburn are not relaxing one bit as they look for their second. Bolton come out really up for it as they instantly get themselves back on level terms. Blackburn are really up for it and were determined to get a winner, it is only a matter of time. Blackburn need this winner or it will show a poor preformance that Blackburn really should have taken. A fantastic save by Bolton's keeper is 'keeping' them in it. Blackburn should have won for sure! Quite dissapointing really.

• Hull City 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers
    Jason Roberts
    Although Hull having home advantage - Blackburn are the more lively of the two teams at the KC Stadium. A goal definatly against the run of play, as usual has put Blackburn on the backoot within the first 5 minutes. Never the less, Blackburn keep up the pressure and Pedersen had a free-kick tipped onto the post. Another Pedersen free-kick has resulted in a corner-kick for the Blues which they can't take advantage of. Currently Hull's only shot of the game has given them their goal. Hull ended the half definatly the more dominant and confident of the two, even though Roberts pefectly slotted a fantastic cross into the corner. Hunt should really have put Hull into the lead with a point blank header that was harder to miss. Kalinic has brought hope to the Blackburn team and is truly leading from the front. Roberts made a storming run down the left flank, only to have Myhill push it onto the post. Samba is causing a real threat in the opposition box from corners. Hull score on the counter with a fantastic run by Altidore. Elrio van Heerden has a rasper of a shot nearly break the crossbar. A dissapointing result considering Blackburn were definatly the better of the two teams.

• Blackburn Rovers 1 - 0 Hull City
    Jason Roberts
    Blackburn really need to win this match to prove that Wednesday's game wasn't intended, and they seem the more likely to score at the start of this match. A fantastic save by Myhill kept the game an 0-all. Blackburn's offside trap worked well today. Blackburn are definatly the more likely to score after their first half performance, having significantly more of the chances. Blackburn came out stonger of the two teams in the second half also. Blackburn's defence was very study and made it hard for Hull to find a way through. McCarthy has brought some life to team since coming on. Roberts hammers the post from 12 yards out, really should have done better. Excuse my language, but what alot of fouling b******s Hull are, injuring two of my team. OMG OMG OMG! What a stonker by Jason Roberts in the 89th minute. He could not have placed that better, right in the top left corner on the net. McCarthy tried an audacious 40 yard effort that hits the post. A fantastic performance where that final goal was ****** crucial! Happy ****** days!
--- Fixtures ---
  • [L]Sunderland - Blackburn Rovers (Prediction: 1 - 1)
  • [L]ManchesterCity - Blackburn Rovers (Prediction: 4 - 0)
  • [L]Blackburn Rovers - Portsmouth (Prediction: 2 - 0)
--- Injuries ---
  • Lars Jacobsen
  • Martin Olsson
  • David Hoilett
  • Jason Brown
--- Player of the Month ---
  • Christopher Samba - Centre-Back
--- Top Scorer ---
  • Jason Roberts - Striker (5)
- - - - -

So a poor month with not much to come out with to be positive. But a good four points and six if we do well will bolster our chances of a top half finish and bring in some money for me in the summer window. :)

Many Thanks,
David Charnock

Last edited:
Yeah, a good few signings you got there. What do your coaches think of that bloke you got in from Manchester City? I've never heard of him. I tell you what, I do rate that Elliot Omosuzi though, quality buy on a free. Things looking up with that win, where are you in the league now?

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

ha sorry, you're 8th.
that's not bad, just hopefully going into next month on the back of that win will see you push up a bit.

Yeah, a good few signings you got there. What do your coaches think of that bloke you got in from Manchester City? I've never heard of him. I tell you what, I do rate that Elliot Omosuzi though, quality buy on a free. Things looking up with that win, where are you in the league now?

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

ha sorry, you're 8th.
that's not bad, just hopefully going into next month on the back of that win will see you push up a bit.

Well, Chelsea who are top are only 6 ahead so isn't much between 1st and 8th. I will post the attribute of the 'Manchester City' player below. Also, Omozusi is getting 7 / 7.5 every game at Hartlepool so I am very pleased with that buy.

September Summary

A good month overall - all results going as I expected or better. Fans were impressed by the two nil defeat to Man. City because of our strong defence and how many times we held them off. So overall, a very good month for me and the club, and I give all three results the green flag.

- - - - -

--- Results ---
  • Sunderland 3 - 3 Blackburn Rovers
    Franco di Santo; Jason Roberts; Brett Emerton
    A more dominating start by Blackburn as they produce three very good chances within the first 10 minutes. Not a shot by Sunderland and we are half way through the first half. And I shouldn't have spoken - on exactly half an hour, Darren Bent drills it home into the bottom right corner from just outside the box. And a fantastic equaliser by Franco di Santo, he ran it straight down the middle, skipping past two defenders then thumping it into the left side netting. A very lively first half with most of the play coming from Blackburn. Blackburn have the advantage into the second half until once again, I said it - Bent has finished it within one minute of the second half starting. Blackburn are under real pressure now. But a lovely one two from Roberts to di Santo and back again made a lovely equaliser into the bottom left corner. A fantastic build up ending with Dunn having a shot parried byu Craig Gordon. But again, Blackburn get careless and Frasier Campbell this time has put the Black Cats in the lead for a third time. A great corner but no one in the Sunderland box to meet it. A last gasp goal in stoppage time has put Blackburn back on level terms and they trully deserve it. This has been a thrilling match from a neutral perspective but both teams with have their positives and negatives to take from the game.

• Manchester City 2 - 0 Blackburn Rovers
    Well - any score where Man. City have scored less than 10 will be a positive result for me, considering I have MGP injured. As expected, Manchester City have had the better start, but Robinson has matched them every time. Blackburn making Adebayor look useless, making him offside three times in succession. But fourth time lucky for Adebayor as he thunders it from 25 yards into the top corner, an unstoppable shot with no-one truly to blame. Blackburn's first chance and it had Given scrambling. Blackburn played with more confidence in the second half which is pleasing when you are facing a £250m pound team. It was inevitable and Tevez has nearly duplicated Adebayor's first half finish. It was pretty even to the end of the match, with both teams cancelling eachother out. I am very proud with Blackburn's preformance and with 2 - 0, away from home - I couldn't be disappointed.

• Blackburn Rovers 1 - 0 Portsmouth
    Ryan Nelsen
    A bit of a shakey start for Rovers' with Portsmouth truly dominating with possession. But who would have thought it, Captain Ryan Nelsen hammering home a 30 yard freekick. Blackburn are playing confidence but can't get too complaicant. I am impressed about how attacking Blackburn's full-backs are being. Blackburn are really looking for a second - not giving Portsmouth a chance. McCarthy having a pop - Roberts having a pop, this is thetype of football Blackburn should be playing regularly. Roberts having a one-on-one hit the post, Blackburn are walking over Portsmouth, but unfortunatly, just can't find that second. A lovely move to finish off a fantastic preformance by the Blues. The scoreline does not reflect the result and Rovers should have won by many more.
--- Fixtures ---
  • [L]Tottenham Hotspur - Blackburn Rovers (Prediction: 3 - 1)
  • [L]Blackburn Rovers - Burnley (Prediction: 2 - 0)
  • [L]Birmingham City - Blackburn Rovers (Prediction: 1 - 2)
  • [L]Blackburn Rovers - Liverpool (Prediction: 1 - 3)
--- Injuries ---
  • Jason Brown
--- Player of the Month ---
  • Jason Roberts - Striker
--- Top Scorer ---
  • Jason Roberts - Striker ( 6 )
- - - - -

Another average month with expected two wins and two losses. I will be happy with four or six points. Anymore I will be thrilled and well, you get the point... I want anyone to suggest some big (cheap) signings for the January window. The Board are disappointed about me selling Keith Andrews and I need to get back into their good books. :)

Many Thanks,
David Charnock

wow...
liverpool then chelsea....
hope u can get nice result there mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.