Blackburn Rovers - A Championship Team in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing well so far mate. Do you use N'Zonzi much?

Doing well so far mate. Do you use N'Zonzi much?

I haven't been lately, I let him go back to France for a month because he hadn't settled as well as he hoped - but in September a midfield diamond of N'Zonzi, Pedersen, Emerton and van Heerden worked well - but typically, Pedersen and van Heerden became injured and N'Zonzi wasn't happy. Got to love the Aussies - never injured, never depressed - just get the job done, good on ya' Brett. :)

Heyy looking good, that's a good draw up at the stadium of light, sunderland are no pushovers. Good to see Franco getting on the scoresheet too ;) does he get a few games?

Heyy looking good, that's a good draw up at the stadium of light, sunderland are no pushovers. Good to see Franco getting on the scoresheet too ;) does he get a few games?

He is usually in my starting eleven. When I next get to my computer with the game on - I will give you a screenshot of the team I pick to play Tottenham. :)

Just finish reading your story mate. Going good so far, Jason Roberts in immerse! All the best mate!

Cheers xfreix - positive feedback is always nice. Also, below I have my starting eleven against the Tottenham game.

Many Thanks,
Me!

Your a good manager to be honest. Should be able to succeed with Blackburn Rovers =) I enjoyed playing Blackburn last year with FM09 =D

Ohhh that's a good line-up. I think that's a good partnership to have up front, because Franco di Santo is a proper hard working player, and even though he is like good technically, he's very intelligent, whereas Jason Roberts is sheer force so he can just blast through. Kinda shows in the goal tallies as well, di Santo's got 1 and Roberts 7 ha. I'm waiting on the next few games :)

:D Blackburn is easy on Fm09 coz you get tonnes of cash.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Oh, and great layout!!

Your a good manager to be honest. Should be able to succeed with Blackburn Rovers =) I enjoyed playing Blackburn last year with FM09 =D

First person to think I am a good manager, I try and fit the formation around the players, not the other way around. So I pick out my players' bests and create the formation using that.

Ohhh that's a good line-up. I think that's a good partnership to have up front, because Franco di Santo is a proper hard working player, and even though he is like good technically, he's very intelligent, whereas Jason Roberts is sheer force so he can just blast through. Kinda shows in the goal tallies as well, di Santo's got 1 and Roberts 7 ha. I'm waiting on the next few games :)

I can give you a sneak peak and say Tottenham 2 - 0 Rovers. Also when you have McCarthy and Kalinic with I with about 33 finishing between, strikers aren't the problem. :)

:D Blackburn is easy on Fm09 coz you get tonnes of cash.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Oh, and great layout!!

Cheers, last season, I had a stonking season playing a 5 - 3 - 2:
  • Robinson
  • Ooijer
  • Nelsen
  • Samba
  • Curtis Davies (Free)
  • Warnock
  • Pedersen
  • McGeady (4.5 Million + Steven Reid)
  • Emerton
  • Santa Cruz
  • Peter Crouch (250k + Matt Derbyshire)
Finished 2nd and winning the FA Cup - lost the Carling Cup Final on penalities 9-8.

I have a FM09 Balckburn game 2nd season and Derbyshires class. Finishing 16 :p

I have a FM09 Balckburn game 2nd season and Derbyshires class. Finishing 16 :p

It's okay - I bought him back for £1m on season 3 because he broke his leg and was out all of season 2. XD

November Summary

An okay month. I would have prefered a win against Burnley but getting a point and a clean-sheet against Liverpool has made my month. Also, found myself a new tactic that works. A good month managerial wise. :)

- - - - -

--- Results ---
  • Tottenham 2 - 0 Blackburn Rovers
    A pretty even start at White Hart Lane as possession in the opening five minutes is 50 / 50. As the half progressed, Tottenham became the stronger. A silly challenge by Samba gave Spurs a great position for a free-kick but they didn't make the most of it. Modric is walking all over the Rovers' defence and proving a real handful. What a **** goal to conceed. Chimbonda atempts to clear and whacks it onto Robinson's back and goes in. Towards the end of the second half, Blackburn buck up and actually start defending. Blackburn come out a better team by retaining the ball a bit better. Tottenham gaining lots of free-kicks that I really don't want to give away. Another goal from another corner. Some poor marking left Woodgate unmarked to head into the top corner. How sad, our closest shot of the match went out for a throw-in. Roberts made something out of nothing from a tight angle, but couldn't put it the right side of the post. I know Lennon is quick, but it helps if Givet attempts to get back and defend. The worst preformance I have seen from Blackburn, whilst I have been the manager.

• Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 Burnley
    Jason Roberts
    A good start from Blackburn, pilling the pressure on hard and fast. ****** typical, against the run of play, Burnley have to go and ****** score, definatly defensive error. Another defensive error gave Burnley a golden chance which they didn't dominante. A Delap style through in by Pedersen was parried by the Burnley keeper and Roberts was there to cooly head it in. Pedersen's free-kicks are lethal and only just missed the post. Blacburn are really dominating with possession in the second half of the first half. Burnley are fouling b******s - that must be the only way to stop my amazing Blackburn - =D. Second half is underway, as ya do, and Burnley seem the more likely to score, but a fantastic one handed save keeps Blackburn in the game. A Burnley corner ended up in a deadly counter by Rovers' nearly putting them ahead. Blackburn are really dominating now, and really need this second. A fantastic one-on-one which Roberts really should have put away. Roberts in the 4th minute of extra time with a stonker smashing the bar. A dissapointing result for Blackburn but a great game to watch.

• Birmingham City 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers
    Nikola Kalinic
    A good aggresive start by Blackburn, even though the possession advantange isn't theirs. Blackburn are proving they are not a team to be messed with. A that is proved by a perfectly placed shot by Nikola Kalinic past Joe Hart. Although taking the lead, Blackburn are still attacking and a second would make it sweet. Birmingham aren't going to be liking this. Blackburn come out better possession wise this second half but Birmingham have the first attacks. As the second half progressed, Birmingham gained more of the possession. But as the possession went their way, the attacking went Blackburn's. Robinson as said many times before is keeping Blackburn in this game. Kalinic coming close, but Joe Hart doing well to keep it out. What is more shocking is that James McFadden beat Chris Samba to a header (Chris: 6 foot 7 - James 5 foot 10). Hart is on form now, stopping anything coming his way. Blackburn are making it hard, but are still in there. A very tense finale to this game, but Blackburn are holding on, just. But Rovers have done it, they have won but it wont be a game to remember for being class.

• Blackburn 0 - 0 Liverpool
    League leaders in this game, not expecting much to be honest. But, to my suprise, we have more possession. But as normal, possession stats went out the window and Liverpool do all the pressing. I don't know where Blackburn would be without Paul Robinson this season, he has been on tremendous form. Nil all at half time against team who is first in the league - I may be playing this new formation more often. I will post after the match. A great performance by Rovers, really preventing Liverpool creating any real threatening plays. Blackburn, somehow, seem the more likely to score in the second half. Torres vs Robinson, who do you expect to win, and who won. England Englands' No. 1 - Englands' No. 1!
--- Fixtures ---
  • [L]Chelsea - Blackburn Rovers (Prediction: 2 - 0)
  • [L]Blackburn Rovers - Wigan (Prediction: 3 - 0)
  • [L]Manchester United - Blackburn Rovers (Prediction: 2 - 1)
  • [L]Blackburn Rovers - West Ham United (Prediction: 1 - 1)
  • [L]Stoke City - Blackburn Rovers (Prediction: 2 - 2)
  • [L]Arsenal - Blackburn Rovers (Prediction: 2 - 0)
  • [L]Blackburn Rovers - Wolverhampton Wanderers (Prediction: 3 - 0)
--- Injuries ---
  • Jason Brown
  • Steven Ried
--- Player of the Month ---
  • Matthew Booth - Centre-Back
--- Top Scorer ---
  • Jason Roberts - Striker ( 7 )
- - - - -

Seven games in one month. I am guessing not stuffing at Christmas or we will never get going on Boxing Day. I hope to put my new found 4-3-3 formation to good use and see where it takes me. The 4-3-3 I used is on the Liverpool game screenshot. :)

Many Thanks,

David Charnock

Last edited:
9th - I will have December on by the end of the day. :)

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Good news! I have Beletti signing from Chelsea to play as a holding midfielder in my 4-3-3 with N'Zonzi.

. Got to love the Aussies - never injured, never depressed - just get the job done, good on ya' Brett. :)

*Cough* Harry Kewell *Cough* :)

I can't believe you didn't sign Sol Campbell though, he would have strengthened your side a lot plus added experience. Although Hélan is a good signing and will turn out great I'm sure, keep it up!

I wish I could - my hard drive has fried and the saved game has gone. I am going to start this again with the same team because I love the Rovers.

If an Admin sees this - please delete topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.