Blackburn Rovers - Who Needs Harry and Sam? =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deejayseesee

Lest we forget.
Reaction score
Blackburn-Rovers-FC-logo.jpg

Breaking News from Ewood Park

May 27th 2009: Breaking News has come into us at Sky Sports News. Reports have stated the Sam Allardyce has resigned as manager of Blackburn Rovers. Further reports are coming in saying that Sam Allardyce has resign over 'contract issues'. More information to come shortly...

May 28th 2009: After interviewing Sam Allardyce, he had this to say:
"I am sad to leave the Rovers, but I felt that the contract Mr. Williams (Blackburn Chairman) was offering just wasn't acceptable compared to what I was offered last season. I hope whoever takes control at Ewood Park has a successful season and takes Rovers to where they belong. I am going take time out of work for now to spend some time with my wife and maybe help out at clubs from time to time."

July 2nd 2009: Breaking News has come into us at Sky Sports News. Blackburn Rovers have today announced their new manager. 29-year-old David Charnock has taken charge at Blackburn. Some fans are already speculating that Charnock is inexperienced and will not take Blackburn to where they want to be. He had this to say at his press-conference:
"I am very proud and excited to take command at Blackburn Rovers. It has been a life long dream to manage Blackburn and take them to the success that Kenny Dalglish did. I look to bring some attractive football to the game making pretty and well-worked goals. I am a manager who looks to the future, bringing in future prospects who will shine in later years."

- - - - -​

1. Paul Robinson - Goalkeeper: Fantastic kicking and a very good dominance in the area. Poor at one-on-ones, so a strong backline is required.
  2. Lars Jacobsen - Right-back: Signed on a free from Everton, Jars was a great swoop by Big Sam. A below par right-back, which could never replace Ooijer, with fantastic long-throw ability.
  3. Christopher Samba – Centre-back: This 6’7” demon of a centre-back is not a defender to be messed with for balls in the air. Along with Nelsen, a very strong and usually reliable partnership together. More work on tackling and marking would be better but overall, a good defender.
  4. Gaël Givet – Centre/Left-back: A very consistent, very reliable defender who can easily play on the left and in the centre with ease. Very impressive mental attributes, just need work on technical.
  5. Ryan Nelsen - Centre-back: A strong, well-minded Captain and one of the most consistent defenders in the league. A very enthusiastic with a poor team around him.
  6. Brett Emerton – Right-wing: A very odd winger – the strongest player in the squad, yet one of the fastest also. Work on finishing would make him a good all-rounder.
  7. David Dunn – Attacking Midfielder: Not really any attributes that stand out, just a boring all-round midfielder. Natural fitness poor so a gym membership is a must, no matter what the financial state is.
  8. Jason Roberts – Striker: A definite workaholic having very high work-rate, determination and aggression attributes. Blackburn’s target man and a real threat with his back to goal.
  9. Benni McCarthy – Striker: A striker who knows where the goal is. With a finishing of 17, you can’t knock him. Positioning is awful so will need to improve to be a definite starter every week.
  10. Vincenzo Grella – Central Midfield: Unfortunately Blackburn’s best central midfielder in the squad. Can only be classed as a play-maker with high positioning and passing. Needs to be replaced.
  11. Morten Gamst Pedersen – Left-wing: Rovers’ best player by far. Loves taking on full-backs and whipping it in. Main free-kick taker and good at curling. A threat from everywhere on the park.
  12. Zurab Khizanishvili – Centre-back: A solid back-up defender who is always there when needed. A couple of regular games and he will be back on form. - - - SOLD - - -
  13. Steven N’Zonzi – Defensive Midfield: Another cheap swoop by Mr Allardyce is a good addition to the squad who is impressively taller than Samba. One or two attribute improvements and he is possibly a tall Makelele for the future.
  14. Steven Reid – Central Midfield: Unfortunate that Steven is always injured. He is a very attacking midfield with an eye for goal when fit; just those days don’t come very often.
  15. Keith Andrews – Attacking Midfielder: Signed by Paul Ince – it is obvious you can’t bring a League One player into the top flight. Works hard just produces nothing.
  16. El-Hadji Diouf – Right-wing: A very good winger when he has the ball but not good enough when he doesn’t. Greedy at times when the pass is the best option. Better wingers in the squad. Needs to go.
  17. Aaron Doran – Right-wing: Not the best winger in the squad, but has the potential to be as good as Brett. Aaron has a great ability to skin full-backs and leave them for dust, just sometimes takes the ball one step too far and gets tackled.
  18. Elrio van Heerden – Attacking Midfielder: Another free thanks to Sam Allardyce, Elrio loves running at defenders, tormenting them and laying off to forwards at the correct moment.
  19. Martin Olsson – Left Back: Rovers’ only dedicated left-back and proves there is no worry that he will be replaced. Always looking to support Morten and also a good crosser. Good potential to be one of the Premier League’s best.
  20. Nikola Kalinic – Striker: Another born striker who can score and only score. Well position and ready to pounce on the 50/50 balls. If he loses the ball, don’t expect him to contest for it back.
  21. David Hoilett – Attacking Midfielder: A very hard-working midfielder who chases everything down and has raw pace. Finishing is decent but could be improved.
  22. Franco Di Santa – Striker: On a loan-to-buy deal from Chelsea, Franco needs first-team football to show his worth. Deadly with the ball at his feet and better in the air, he could possibly give Shearer a match for his money – unlikely. Great potential. Definite buy if money can be found.
  23. Michel Salgado – Right-back: Brought out of retirement by Allardyce, Michel spent 10+ seasons at Real Madrid gaining fantastic experience. Unfortunately, that experience does not match his pace and will always be snubbed for Jars and Pascal.
  24. Jason Brown – Goalkeeper: A goalkeeper with lots of potential and good reflexes, but at 27, should be looking for first team football somewhere else.
  25. Pascal Chimbonda – Defender: Pascal has the versatility to play anywhere across the back, but plays best on the right. Pretty average attributes but has slightly strong speed skills.
- - - - -

Many Thanks,
David Charnock, Blackburn Rovers

Last edited:
Good Luck. Haven't you just started a story?

Good Luck. Haven't you just started a story?

I friend fried my hard-drive doing too many things at once - lost that game forever, but I enjoyed it, so I am starting another one.

What does the Harry and Sam beat mean, I assume Sam means Sam Allardyce but who's Harry?

He means Harry and Sam Charnock, as he's the 3rd Charnock on the site :$

Why did you use Sam and Harry's surname?

haha :p a 3rd charnock, how fitting. :)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

his surname too <)

Ahhh I just thought he was being abit pervy :)

I'm joking, Good Luck anyway

He means Harry and Sam Charnock, as he's the 3rd Charnock on the site :$

Me and Mike are in the same mind-set. =)

I am not an imposter sir, I too am an amazing Charnock. =)

haha :p a 3rd charnock, how fitting. :)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

his surname too <)

Charnock Pride. =)

I like you, you have a fantastic surname :) you wanted a sig making, yeah?

Harry have you heard this nonsense, some one trying to compete with the brilliance of us :p

Haha only jokinnn, hope you do well :)

New Signing: Vratislav Gresko

7878.jpg

Vratislav Gresko
Slovakian
32-Years-Old
Left-Back
£2,700 PW
Free (Out of Contract)

David Charnock's first signing under his reign came with experienced left back Vratislav Gresko. He has played for Blackburn before, making himself a favourite of the fans.

"I am glad Mr. Charnock came to me, I have been out of work for a year now and looking to play some football. What makes it even better is that I can return to Blackburn, I club I much love and hope I can help do the team some justice."

- - - - -
Many Thanks,
David Charnock, Blackburn Rovers

Maybe the three of you could do a Charnock vs Charnock vs Charnock challenge (H)

I like you, you have a fantastic surname :) you wanted a sig making, yeah?

I would love one - if it isn't too much hassle.

Harry have you heard this nonsense, some one trying to compete with the brilliance of us :p

Haha only jokinnn, hope you do well :)

I can give it a ****** good shot... =)

Maybe the three of you could do a Charnock vs Charnock vs Charnock challenge (H)

I'm not that good yet, sadly...

I think the thing with the hard on is complementing but also rather disturbing...

Status
Not open for further replies.