Blackburn Rovers - Who Needs Harry and Sam? =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
November Summary

--- Results ---
  • Arsenal 2 - 2 BLACKBURN ROVERS
    Benni McCarthy (2)
    Blackburn make a great start, testing Almunia within 30 seconds. A very quiet opening 20 minutes with nothing really to be shown from it. But on the twentieth minute mark, Bendtner hammers it home from three yards out and two minutes later Arshavin puts home a second. A fantastic ball by Andrews made the finish easy for McCarthy who makes it 2-1. After some encouragement at half-time, Blackburn come back on full of spirit and Samba just misses a header from a corner. Blackburn keep pressuring the poor Arsenal side. Blackburn are awarded a penalty in the 83rd minute which McCarthy puts away. A fantastic performance by Blackburn which is well deserved.

• BLACKBURN ROVERS 2 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Benni McCarthy (2)
    Blackburn make a thunderous start with McCarthy literally thundering it past Hennessey to make it 1-0. Benni does the exact same again and makes it two within 13 minutes. Wolves have finally woken up and start playing football. Wolves look the more lethal towards the end of the first half and have made Paul Robinson make his first save. Wolves make an instant impact after the interval and pressure Robinson straight from the off. A very dull start t this second half and nothing is really produced until the 79th minute where Milijas comes close for Wolves. Wolves really up the tempo in the last ten minutes and aren't going to give this match up without a fight. A great match for Blackburn and a great result.

• Chelsea 1 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS
    Morten Gamst Pedersen
    A great start by Chelsea putting the pressure on right from the go. Many a chance being created within the opening 10 minutes, but Andrews comes close with his long range effort. Great play by Chelsea and Drogba - he runs down the right and drags it back to Rocchi who is alone in the box. But on half an hour, Pedersen equalizes with a fantastic head past Cech. A fantastic first half display by Blackburn and will hope to keep it up. A counter from Chelsea's kick off was nearly put in by young, David Hoilett. A poor pass by Pedersen gave Rocchi a great chance but was well saved by Robinson. Robinson again on form pushing Drogba's shot around the post. Chelsea playing some gorgeous football, but Robinson is playing his best game ever for Blackburn. A fantastic free-kick by Elrio van Heerden was fantastically met by Petr Cech who pushes it onto the post. Robinson is determined not to let anything in after saving Lampard's header front point blank range. Time and time again Robison is keeping Blackburn in this match. A sublime result for Blackburn, absaloutly sublime.

• Preston North End 2 - 4 BLACKBURN ROVERS
    Christian Vieri (2), Brett Emerton (2)
    A good start for Preston scroing a goal within 24 seconds. Blackburn have a hill to climb now. Kalinic comes close with a reply with a header within three minutes. Blackburn have been awarded a penalty on eight minutes, Vieri thumps it into the top corner. Again from the kick off, Preston put pressure on Robinson's goal. 13 minutes played and Brett Emerton puts in a fantastic 30-yarder. Kieth Andrews attempts to replicate Emerton's effort but just skims the top of the bar. Blakburn go into the break a bit shakey. Blackburn have to attempts right from the second half kick off. Vieri gets up well to meet Olsson's cross to make it 3-1.Preston pull one back on 60 minutes from a corner, this game is really on now, that was some really poor defending by the Rovers. Kalinic comes really close from an attempt just inside the box. Emerton puts home his second by basically duplicating his first and smacks home Blackburn Rovers' fourth. A great result for the Blue Army!

• BLACKBURN ROVERS 3 - 3 West Ham United
    Nikola Kalinic (2), Ryan Nelsen
    Blackburn dominate and West Ham score - ****** typical, to be fair, Franco did take the goal well. But we love our Nikola Kalinic who levels it up on the 12th minute. Kalinic nearly made it two if it wasn't for a great save by Green. Pedersen has a fantastic right footed shot rattle the cross-bar. But on the stroke of half time - West Ham score again down to poor defending. Blackburn respond almost instantly after the interval with Nelsen scoring from Andrew's corner. Kalinic goes past Upson like he wasn't there and rattles the corner of the goalpost, West Ham go on a counter from that attempt and Franco scores. And again, Blackburn come back through Kalinic but all the credit must go to Roberts with his fantastic run down the right wing to produce the cross. West Ham feel they should win and really step it up. A really enthralling match with both teams deserve something from.
- - - - -

--- Fixtures ---
  • [L]Stoke City vs. BLACKBURN ROVERS (Pred. 2-2)
  • [L]BLACKBURN ROVERS vs. Everton (Pred. 1-2)
  • [L]BLACKBURN ROVERS vs. Bolton Wanderers(Pred. 3-0)
  • [L]Aston Villa vs. BLACKBURN ROVERS (Pred. 2-0)
- - - - -

--- Injuries ---

• Benni McCarthy
--- Players ---
  • Top Preformer: Christopher Samba, Centre-Back (7.35)
  • Top Scorer: Kalinic, McCarthy (4)
  • Top Assists: Elrio van Heerden (4)
  • Blackburn Rovers - 7th Place - 15 Points
- - - - -

A fantastic month for me and Blackburn, draws against Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham are all good results and dominating against Wolves. A pretty average month next month a couple of wins and a couple of losses. Blackburn For The Win!

- - - - -

Many Thanks,

David Charnock, Blackburn Rovers

Are U still doing this story mate I've been enjoying it very much : D

U inspired me 2 try my luck with Blackburn. Bit tight with no funds tho :(

By the fact no one has posted in it for 2 and a half months, I am taking yes.

I forgot to mention, didn't I. I got sacked after the game on boxing day, even though as I recall, I won 2-1. I guess that's life, shame I only laster half a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.