• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 3K

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a good start to the game, and faded away. Can't believe RVP is injured already.

Is Koscielny meant to be good?

All I've seen of him he's been wank.

who ever thought Gamst Perderson Had such a long throw

Is Koscielny meant to be good?

All I've seen of him he's been wank.

Have you ever seen him play other than today? OK he's not had a great game today, mistake led to goal, but he should have had cover from Song, and Clichy should've dealt with Mame B D better anyway, he's won a lot headers, and made important interceptions. 2 weeks ago he was superb against 'pool and was unlucky to be sent off, for two, perhaps necessary challenges, he dealt with Torres, and N'Gog all game, and he was not at all at fault for the goal. I rate him from what i've seen, including pre-season, and i don't think you should be making decisions on whether he's wank or not until you've seen more of him, but i may be wrong. Did you watch the game 2 weeks ago? Or Arsenal's preseason?

Well should just Sell RVP injury prone :'(

No. We shouldn't, he's a legend, and a terrific player when he's not injured, we don't know how serious this injury is - hopefully not too serious, but it could just be a precaution, if he's picked up a knock, it's hardly an ideal game to carry on in, with hard tackles coming in all the time from Blackburn, also slightly tactical change,with Chamakh a more physical player.

Rosicky seems to be dropping too deep on the counter (not making the runs), and is playing too far up the pitch in possession to hold the ball. If you look at the default position for the centre mid in a 4-2-3-1 the centre mid typically plays high up (Joe Cole for liverpool), but when you need to close a game out, dropping deep just has to be done. That extra man in midfield would really help to run down the clock, as I hate being an Arsenal fan with a 1 goal advantage with the last 15mins coming up:P

Rosicky seems to be dropping too deep on the counter (not making the runs), and is playing too far up the pitch in possession to hold the ball. If you look at the default position for the centre mid in a 4-2-3-1 the centre mid typically plays high up (Joe Cole for liverpool), but when you need to close a game out, dropping deep just has to be done. That extra man in midfield would really help to run down the clock, as I hate being an Arsenal fan with a 1 goal advantage with the last 15mins coming up:P

I don't understand , you're complaining that Rosicky is both too high up the pitch, and too deep? Make your mind up! Rosicky/Fabregas' job isn't to hold the ball up, it's to pick it up, in space, and play a killer pass forward to the runners. Fabregas last season got forward more, and so scored a lot of goals, Rosicky also did this vs Liverpool when he came on, and vs. Blackpool last game, but as you say, we're holding on to a solid win, so he's dropping deeper to collect the ball from a deeper defence/midfield. Blackburn are pushing more players forward, and in turn, Arsenal are keeping more players back...

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Interesting substitution here.. Jack Wilshere on for Andrey Arshavin, which presumably means Theo Walcott will push up into the ST role, and Chamakh will keep switching with him, operating largely from the left, and Wilshere will cut in from the right hand side. Wilshere looks very good this season, and he's upped his physical presence, which will be useful here!

Oh aye, my point is that Rosicky is a great player on his day, I just tend to dislike players walking around over the half-way line with two opposing midfielders blocking off the short ball to them. Rosicky isn't going to win many headers and thats why I mention him being too high up the pitch when defending and too deep when playing the counter - both of these are results of not enough running. It'd make much more sense building from a deep position via possession when you have superior passing ability, than hoof it at Chamakh to knock down.

In short we arn't going to win the league by lucking games, we need to have a strategy of holding onto the ball

(edit: While I was writing this he's dropping deeper alongside Diaby and Song, which seems to be helping).

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

such a great chance! wishing Walcott to square it for Wilshere (?), but alas chance gone.

Very good win. 1-2 Arsenal. Theo Walcott and Andrey Arshavin with the goals for Arsenal, either side of a Mame Biram Diouf goal on his full PL debut.

Aye, a win's a win, good stuff seeing Fabregas back too.

Blackburn 1 Arsenal 2 :)

Fantastic Win We are now TOP OF THE LEAGUE !!

Last edited:
Got my prediction right. :D

Good win for Arsenal, as Andy or someone said in the match, to challenge for the Title, you've got to win games like this, and they've done that. :)

Wenger Said RVP Is out for 8-10 days :) not a bad anke knock then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back