• Resign

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Appeal

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Just pay and carry on as normal

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it would make the Premier League far more interesting if teams were fined for being **** instead. :p

god no. If that was the case, we'd be paying the fine like a weekly subsricption lol

I think it would make the Premier League far more interesting if teams were fined for being **** instead. :p

And the fines would be so huge that the teams would always get -9 points when that happens.

Except for Man City of course.

*****, this is brilliant. the premier league and the fa just keep on shooting themselves in the foot. unbelievable.

this has annoyed me nearly as much as it has annoyed holloway
it is outrageous how the premier league has fined 25k
i think all of the other premier league managers shoulld help ian and appeal with him

absoloutely stupid

Not a fan of Holloway after recent stupidly phrased outbursts of his.

That said, this ruling is stupid bordering on the absurd. He has a 25 man squad; he should be allowed to use it. We had a **** of a lot of trouble beating them. If he'd put out a "weakened" squad and they'd been spanked 6-0, then the FA would have some justification. As it is, this "weakened" side proved very close in ability to the first-teamers, and nearly got a draw out of a tricky tie.

I think maybe people are over looking this a little bit. Although it isen't Holloways fault all 20 premier league clubs had a vote whether to keep this rule in the game and the majority voted for it. I heard possibly even all 20 teams voted for it so Blackpool as a football club made a run for their own back.

But i agree this isn't Holloway's fault i think all 20 clubs should take the blame for this along with the PremierLeague for even thinking of this rule.

Who's someone in the FA to say what's a weakened squad anyway? I'm sure a lot of them know very little about the players, and certainly won't know how they've trained in the week. It's quite insulting of them to criticise a squad choice (that came extremely close to an away point) and say it's weakened.

The rule is so dumb as everyone is saying! there isnt a point in registering 25 players if you can't use them whenever you want. His team done a great job! Man Utd field a weakened side in the Carling Cup constantly but they don't get fined ?

Even Alex McLeish said the FA have opened a big can of worms, especially if a team like Man Utd field a weakened team and don't get fined.

The rule is so dumb as everyone is saying! there isnt a point in registering 25 players if you can't use them whenever you want. His team done a great job! Man Utd field a weakened side in the Carling Cup constantly but they don't get fined ?

It only applies to the Premier League.

Even Alex McLeish said the FA have opened a big can of worms, especially if a team like Man Utd field a weakened team and don't get fined.

The problem is that you can't define a weakened team. Is it rotating 10 players, is it playing people you perceive to be worst than another fit player in his position? But then you're judging players with little information (usually). For instance, I'd say the gulf difference between United's, Arsenal's best and worst player is less than that of a relegation candidates, as they have the money to build up far better depth.

He's the manager so should get to pick whatever team he wants. Ridiculous

As long as (and im pretty sure they were), the majority of the players he fielded were registered under his 25 man squad. He could play a weakened team if he played 11 under 21's, but he didn't. Those players have a right to play, and played well at that.

Follow the rules Holloway, you are no exception just because the media love you. Although I fully expect the Holloway loving media to jump to his defence. He can threaten to resign as much as he wants, everyone knows he is just bluffing as he is loving life in charge of Blackpool. Not much of a threat anyway, why would the FA care about him resigning?

Follow the rules Holloway, you are no exception just because the media love you. Although I fully expect the Holloway loving media to jump to his defence. He can threaten to resign as much as he wants, everyone knows he is just bluffing as he is loving life in charge of Blackpool. Not much of a threat anyway, why would the FA care about him resigning?

He threatened to resign because the rule was a silly and contradictory one. Not just coz he face the prospect of a fine.

It is a contradictory rule though. They make you pick 25 men but you can only use 11???

I agree the rule is stupid, but the FA have set it, and seen as they're the directors of English football, you should follow their rules. But I agree, the rule is nonsense, and they should've warned Blackpool, not fine them. Ridiculous.

also remember it is not just "25 man sqaud" because out of those 25 players x amount must be a certain age, been at club/country for certain time etc. this was so clubs didnt just pick 25 superstars from aboard, but to promote homegrown talent to help the national team.
so this makes the fine even more ridiculas

Say my imaginary team was in the prem, and my first team was this:

Casillas, Maicon, Pique, Puyol, Cole, Messi, Xavi, Ineista, Villa, Torres

and the next game, i decided to play

Buffon, Alves, Vidic, Lucio, Evra, Sneijder, Gerrard, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Rooney, Drogba

Would i get fined for fielding a "weakened" team?