Lewis5

Reaction score
First off this is my first thread so be nice :)
second I am sure other people have done the Blackpool challenge and may do a lot better than me but thought I would try and make it a good read. I was 3 games into it when I decided to do this so sorry I also used my actual name as manager don’t known if that’s how this works so sorry about that. Here it goes.

Shock as Ian Holloway leaves Blackpool in pre season

Ian Holloway has left Blackpool in turmoil after leaving the club just months after guiding them into the premier league for the first time since 1971. Sky sources say Holloway left because of a dispute over transfer funds and the wage structure of the club. The club will hope to appoint a new manager by the start of pre season.

Seaside’s higher former Sunday league player as manager

Blackpool have shocked the football world by naming Lewis Cadey as there new manager the former Sunday league player on completed his coaching badges a month ago and required special grounds from the FA to become manager. Bookmakers have made Blackpool 100/1 on for relegation following the appointment and outrage is evident among Blackpool fans. A fan outside the ground stated "It is our biggest season in years and we hire a nobody" the board has released a statement saying " we fully support the manager and will back him as much as we can throughout the transfer window. We would also like to urge fans to get behind the team and management staff come the start of the season"

Blackpool manager thanks board for backing in the transfer window

Lewis thanked the board for the financial backing he received during the transfer window in which Blackpool broke there record signing fee twice.

Blackpool captured the signings of five players in total during the window.
Steven Finnan joined on a free transfer the RB last game was a F.A cup final for crisis hit Portsmouth.

Juan Pablo Rodríguez soon followed for a fee of 800,000 from Santos Laguna the central midfield player is said to be wicked from a dead ball situation and could not wait to play in the premier league.

The former Chelsea flop and much travelled front man Mateja Kežman was next to join. He is hoping to prove himself but is more of a back up player in the current Blackpool set up. The big factor in him joining the club was his willingness to take a pay cut to 4,700.

Macheda also arrived on loan from Manchester United the Italian striker was keen to play first team football and hoped his can provide the goals to steer Blackpool to premiership survival come June.

The last signing came on deadline day Lee woone-jae joined for an inflated 1,200,000 from Suwon the 37 year old former South Korea goalkeeper had made 122 appearances for his country before his international retirement.

Blackpool’s results so far are as follows.
blackpoolresults.jpg

imm following :)

thanks :) was going to give up if did not get reply soon :)
also in my 3rd season as Grimsby mangaer but will do games asap :)

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:39 AM ----------

Blackpool finding premier league tough going
The seasiders have lost 8 off there opening 12 games and have already shipped 36 goals. Manager Lewis still belives Blackpool can avoid the drop but admits he is already looking at transfer targets for January. The one plus side for the newly promoted club is that they have recorded profits off £2.02M and 1.88M for the opening two months.
Below are Blackpools results in recent matches
Blackpoolresults2.jpg

This is how the table looks after 12 games
premtable1.jpg

Media report suggest Lewis is looking to bring in Amr Zaki Ryan Bennet and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Sky sources also understand he is looking at a centre back on loan with some pundits saying he is just getting ready for the Championship.

Nice start. Think this might be a good one, well i hope anyway..

Interesting. Maybe go into a bit more match detail - Key games etc. But good enough for me to want to read on so far

Looks good im doin a Blackpool game myself, so i will be following.
Its actually really interesting being blackpool :) keep it up

Blackpool start to find feet

Blackpool finding their feet in the Premier League
3RD Bottom after 12 games many pundits had already written off their survival chances with both harry Redknapp and Arsene Wenger saying they are pleased not to be in the Blackpool’s managers shoes. 10 games later and Blackpool have risen to the dizzy heights of 14th heading into the New Year. This was in known doubt helped by a run of four straight wins in the league following a heavy 3..0 defeat to Tottenham.
Blackpool put out the lights in the north east
Sunderland 1 Blackpool 4
Sunderland had much of the ball in this match but failed to take their chances when they came by. Blackpool had taken the lead through DJ Campbell. The former Birmingham front man was pleased to score against, Sunderland who are now managed by one of his old bosses Steve Bruce. Darren Bent made it 1..1 before the break but a display of counter attacking football saw Batiste, Macheda and Rodriguez score for the away side to wrap up a massive win.
Blackpool win relegation scrap and Bloomfield
Birmingham were destroyed as they dropped further into the relegation battle at the hand of Blackpool. The away side has looked good in the first half with Jerome causing problems with his pace. Zigic also looked to be causing problems in the air but on the 45th minute Ormerod headed in from a Varney cross to give the home side the advantage. The second half saw Blackpool keep the ball well and frustrate the away side. So much so that when Macheda looked to be going nowhere in the box Scott Dann hacked the Italian down allowing Rodriguez to score from the spot.
Blackpool stage late show as latics left rueing defensive errors
Diame had given the home side the lead with an early strike in a first half which his side dominated. Boselli did however miss a sitter mid way through the first half and Moses was guilty of finding the gods when sent through one on one to blaze over. The second half saw a much changed Blackpool DJ Campbell had come on to replace Sylvestre as they went for three up top. It was not until the 88th minute until they equalized Rodriguez with a superb free kick. There was still time for them to find a winner when Rodriguez found Campbell with a great through who slotted home. The superb free kick can be seen in the highlights here [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s04geTQr7Oo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s04geTQr7Oo[/ame]
Other results include
A 2..0 win over Stoke City a superb 0..0 draw with Chelsea a game which saw captain John Terry sent off Consecutive defeats to Bolton and Everton. City then vested Bloomfield expecting a easy win but a super defensive display saw Blackpool hold out for a 0...0 draw. They then face the baggies away a Kezman goal was not enough as they conceded late on to remain 7 points clear of the drop zone.
blackpooltable3.jpg

Blackpool secure first two January signings
blacksignigns.jpg

Alex Chamberlain joins from Southampton for 750,000 the 17 year old signed a 3,200 a weak deal with the club and wants to break into the first team as soon as possible. He stated on the clubs website "I am pleased to have joined a club that is going in the right direction. At Southampton I enjoyed my time but the off the field struggles made it a very depressing place to be at time. The way this club is set up makes me believe it is going place"

Christian Benitez is set to join Blackpool at the start of next season on a free transfer from Santos Laguna having faild to sign a contract with his current club.
The striker had netted 12 goals in 19 league games for his club this season as well as5 international goals in just 3 games. The player had a spell in the Premier League with Birmingham before but failed to score enough goals to prompt a permanent move.

When Lewis was asked about his lack of goals last time he played in the league he said “I am sure he is better and stronger for it he has gone back to Mexico and scored a lot more goals. Manchester United were linked with him so he cannot be that bad right"

It is rumoured that he will become Blackpool’s highest earner on 17,000 a week once he joins.

In other news Charlie Adam has penned a new deal worth 10,000 a week and Marlon Harewood as rejected a loan move to stoke.

Last edited:
good update, getting better mate. keep up the good work

well done mate

looking good
i found it intreging that you drew 0-0 with chelsea
was that home or away

because he's not here yet! but congrats on securing his signature....! |)

quite simply really had him on shortlist as AM told me his contract was up soon so made a bid :) he rejected parent club and Man U never went in for him in the end :)
so simples really XD

quite simply really had him on shortlist as AM told me his contract was up soon so made a bid :) he rejected parent club and Man U never went in for him in the end :)
so simples really XD

Thats a good signing mate

do you reckon you will stay up this season ?