Blackpool v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Wednesday's game between Blackpool and Liverpool in the Premier League.

More...

I can see Blackpool giving Liverpool problems. They've done it to so other clubs, so can't see Liverpool being any different. They have the ability to wreak havoc

Blackpool 2-4 Liverpool..

Adam
Campbell

Torres2
Maxi
Meireles

I think it'll be closer, 2-1 Liverpool. Think Blackpool will give them a run for their money. Still goin for Liverpool win though

I heard..

No Gerrard, Babel, Konchesky, Johnson or Cole for Liverpool tonight? If that's true then my money's on Blackpool.

Blackpool 2-0 Liverpool with Campbell and Varney scoring.

Im a liverpool fan and i think blackpool will win... things just aint gunna change just cus kenny's in charge

I heard..

No Gerrard, Babel, Konchesky, Johnson or Cole for Liverpool tonight? If that's true then my money's on Blackpool.

Gerrard is banned, the other 4 are awful...

I cant even make a prediction... liverpool has been playing so bad that i can't even think of a result... MAYBE 0-1 Liverpool...

Honestly don't know. Think if we play as well as we can we will win but you never know with Blackpool and Holloway do ya...

Im a liverpool fan and i think blackpool will win... things just aint gunna change just cus kenny's in charge

Really? A few reasons why I think they will;

Tactics: Kenny is almost certainly going to revert back to the familiar 4-2-3-1 which served us so well under Rafa. He is likely to push the defensive line forward, especially with Agger in and Carra out allowing us to easily play it into midfield. We won't play hoofball anymore, we'll play a decent passing game as we did against United, and it never did us any harm, did it?

Motivation: Kenny will make the players play for the shirt, without a doubt. He'll fire the players up, if you watched the United game you would have seen the desire and determination which was something I never saw at all under Roy. Roy never, ever gave the players a bit of motivation from the touchline, and a team low on morale is always going to struggle.

Backing of the fans: The majority of the fans knew Roy was not the right man for the job and during the end of his tenure, a lot of fans were not even turning up, the atmosphere was poor by Liverpool's standards. There's going to be a new buzz around Anfield with Kenny in the dugout, even at Old Trafford the atmospere was brilliant and the fans were fantastic.

Press conferences: A speciality of Roy's. He seemingly enjoyed making Liverpool and himself a laughing stock. Some of my personal favourites were, after the 1-0 win at Bolton, 'this was a famous victory', and before the Northampton match 'one of the toughest games we will have all season'. Kenny will be much less contreversial and idiotic. Kenny's already looked very comfortable infront of the media.

Pretty sure I have missed something big, cba to think at the minute though :)

Tactics: Kenny is almost certainly going to revert back to the familiar 4-2-3-1 which served us so well under Rafa. He is likely to push the defensive line forward, especially with Agger in and Carra out allowing us to easily play it into midfield. We won't play hoofball anymore, we'll play a decent passing game as we did against United, and it never did us any harm, did it?

Motivation: Kenny will make the players play for the shirt, without a doubt. He'll fire the players up, if you watched the United game you would have seen the desire and determination which was something I never saw at all under Roy. Roy never, ever gave the players a bit of motivation from the touchline, and a team low on morale is always going to struggle.

Backing of the fans: The majority of the fans knew Roy was not the right man for the job and during the end of his tenure, a lot of fans were not even turning up, the atmosphere was poor by Liverpool's standards. There's going to be a new buzz around Anfield with Kenny in the dugout, even at Old Trafford the atmospere was brilliant and the fans were fantastic.

Press conferences: A speciality of Roy's. He seemingly enjoyed making Liverpool and himself a laughing stock. Some of my personal favourites were, after the 1-0 win at Bolton, 'this was a famous victory', and before the Northampton match 'one of the toughest games we will have all season'. Kenny will be much less contreversial and idiotic. Kenny's already looked very comfortable infront of the media.

Was going to say something along those lines but couldn't be bothered haha. A Liverpool fan who doesn't know what King Kenny will bring compared to what Roy did. Speechless.

i honestly can understand where you coming from and i agree with all of them points but the team simply isant good enough.. i suppose you could say that about blackpool but they have massive confidence and free flowing attacking football... hopefully are finishing will improve because if we would have took our chances this season there's a couple of games we coulda won and lost.. spurs is one of them

hope im wrong and we get back on our feet and dalglish proves a success i just hope it dont fail badly and shows its the players because everyone was quick to dismiss hodgson yet against united we didnt play that much better and deserved to lose no matter what happened in that game

The wee Pool to do the double over the Big Pool
2-1 Blackpool

Was going to say something along those lines but couldn't be bothered haha. A Liverpool fan who doesn't know what King Kenny will bring compared to what Roy did. Speechless.

course i know what he will bring i never said that.. i said i dont expect to win against a very confident free flowing attacking team like blackpool who are going really well and were cmpletely the opposite... its kinda nieve to think one man will make us great after being utterly **** for over a year now.. its going to take time

like i say i hope im wrong but confidence aint exactly flowing through em at the minute with us 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.