Blasphemy! A wee club in the north-east threaten sir Alex Ferguson's dominance!

World Cup Day 32
Final​

View attachment 344155iiiiiiiEngland - U.S.A.iiiiiiiiii
USA%20Flag.jpg

45+2 Walden 1-0
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiikik1-1 Magni 62
iiiiiiiiiiiikik1-2 Foose 86
View attachment 344158

View attachment 344156

Tired England slaughtered in the end!

Gary Neville

Published at 4:52PM, July 12 2026

I am not a man of excuses though while watching the lads today I can't help but remember Capello's notorious phrase.

View attachment 344168
England tired again

Everything seemed rosy when Walden converted another glorious free kick in the dying seconds of the first half. Villas-Boas' plan was working and while the Americans had slightly more shots they weren't really threatening. From then on it all went wrong. Despite having an extra day on our opponents we were down a couple gears after the break. Jackie Wilshere limped off the field soon after they had equalized and substitute Michael Stevens never got going.

View attachment 344169
Jack's injury spelled the end

The balance of play swung so heavily out of our hands I can only agree with Andre on trying to hold for extra-time. Sadly it wasn't meant to be. As I said before the match Hristov is extremely aggressive with set pieces and this time the extra body thrown in the box was too much for our defense. A lot of people are already throwing the blame on Toase for putting his clearance in the path of Foose for the winner but we were under such a heavy siege that whatever direction he picked there would've been an American.

View attachment 344170
Americans celebrate first World Cup

We still draw the line of a very good campaign. Despite losing to the outsider in the final match we should remember we too were outsiders to get there at the start of the competition. The core of the team is still young and we can use the performance in Argentina as a platform for the future. Let's not forget we are also the reigning champions of Europe and this hasn't changed yet.

View attachment 344171
Don't put your money on Newcastle this season!

A bit of a sidetrack in conclusion but it will be interesting how Hristov will fare in the forthcoming Premiership season. He has certainly lost the neutral viewers today and one of his players at Newcastle is likely to become the scapegoat for the U.S. second goal. Throw in the pressure of equaling Sir Alex' record of titles and that might be just a little too much. I wouldn't bet for Newcastle to defend their title this time around.

The End of an Era
By CARLOS BOCANEGRA
Published: July 13, 2026

It is a warm summer evening in Chicago, Illinois. As I walk in Near South Side a group of young fans pass me by, waving the flag and singing the famous Queen song. I've been hearing it a lot since last night. Soccer has always been the little brother of American football here but the tides are slowly changing. 'Could it be any else?' - I ask myself while I cross Prairie Avenue. Not after yesterday. I enter the yard a beautiful house to meet the person responsible for all of this with a nibbling sensation of sadness. The house is home of the United States Soccer Federation and the man waiting for me just outside is Dimiter Hristov. He has just concluded a meeting with the governing body and smiles at me. We shake hands. I'd suggest we'd meet at some fancy place but he insists on going down the street for a cup of coffee. The man won the World Cup yesterday and is now about to give his final interview as the U.S. national soccer team coach over a cup of coffee! What a peculiar character...

Should we begin?
Your call. I'm not in a hurry. For once I can sit back and relax.

You relax? It's always turbulent around you!
Of course I do. You can imagine the added pressure of being a national coach and manager of a big English club simultaneously. Sometimes I wish I just grab a cup of coffee.

Should we start with the beginning or... dare I say it? The end? You caught many off-guard with this sudden decision to leave.
I wouldn't say it is so surprising. It would be selfish to stay now that there are coaches ready to build on what we achieved. The most important thing in this game is hunger, you can't win anything if you're not hungry. So let's just say I am too satiated to remain as coach.

Do you have any preference over who will inherit you?
We just discussed that with the administrative unit and I gave them my suggestions. I don't want to go public with it, let's give them space to take the talks and make the calls. But yes, I am fully confident the right person to lead the country from now on is out there.

What about the team? You are often criticized for picking players well into their 30's at your club. Many of the Argentina heroes are approaching that age. Would you advise persisting with them?
That's down to individual analysis. I stick with my players because they are exceptionally talented. But the moment I feel they are not at that level anymore or they are losing that hunger, I make changes. You noticed I dropped Freddy Adu in Argentina as he struggled to cope with the energy requirements. Most of the current internationals still have a few years in the tank. I am confident I'm not leaving an exhausted squad. Whoever comes in won't need to build from scratch.

You will be returning to club action very soon. Tell me a little more about that.
As a matter of fact I will be catching the plane in an hour to make it for our first pre-season friendly.

It is today!?
Yes, today.

You must be kidding me!
I told you, added pressure...

I wouldn't hurry to return in England... They won't be happy seeing you after yesterday.
Well, they will have to handle it somehow.

They?! Many managers would crumble under public pressure once the press turns on them. You know the English press... Once Turniphead - whole life Turniphead...
Lucky me no visible parts of my body look like a vegetable.

Okay, okay, forget about the press. A number of your club players were in the England setup yesterday. You have quite a task at yourself to pick them up in time for the looming season.
That won't be a problem. The tabloids will be targeting me, and I can soak that pressure. Plus let me set this straight, I don't think any of my English players had a poor World Cup. They were magnificent. They can be proud of their display. And I'll make sure they know it once I meet up with them.

Surely it will be quite a challenge to win the Premiership again? The noises across the ocean are pretty much all against Newcastle...
Now that should add a little spice to it, right? It will be interesting. I enjoy interesting.

One final question. We certainly wouldn't want to meet another national team with you at the helm, but I somehow suspect you aren't done in this field?
You are right. I'm looking for offers. I'm always looking to expand my footballing culture and always picked my jobs bearing this in mind. As you know I've already managed in Asia, South America and now North... I'll be looking for something different. Open for suggestions. You have any?...

Thank you for this interview... and not only. Have a good flight!
If I manage to catch it... And you're welcome!

We shake hands, he looks at his wristwatch and waves at a Taxi. He jumps inside and the car quickly disappears in the traffic. He disappears as if in thin air, the same way he popped up several years ago - the coach who won the States the World Cup...

Villas-Boas quits England post
Andre departs on a high

ANDRE-VILLAS-BOAS-008.jpg
Andre sad to leave after four glorious years in charge
View attachment 344383
Posted by
Robbie Savage
Monday 13 July 2026
21.22 BST
The Guardian
Jump to comments (2134)

Andre Villas-Boas has decided the time is right to step down as
England manager after an impressive campaign in the World Cup.

During his time with England, Villas-Boas's team lifted the
European Football Championship in 2024, finished runners-up in
the Confederations Cup in 2025 and runners-up in the latest
World Cup.
iiiiiii
iiiiiiiEarly favourite - Conte
iiiiiii
With the race for the managerial hot seat warming up, current
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is already considered the most
likely candidate to take the team. Conte is a well known name
in England, boasting managerial experience with Arsenal, Q.P.R.
and Chelsea.
i
View attachment 344392
i
iiiiiiAntonio Conte's record

The other national managers to have parted company with their
employers are Roberto Donadoni (Portugal), Remi Garde (France),
Gus Poyet (Uruguay), Fabian Ernst (Germany), Bakary Sako
(Mali), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (Cameroon), Eder Estrada (Colombia),
Mario Eggimann (Switzerland), Dimiter Hristov (U.S.A.).

View attachment 344560
Premier League Season 2026/27

Preview

Sky bet title odds:

Evens - Newcastle United
6-4 - Blackburn Rovers
6-4 - Leeds United
6-4 - Chelsea
5-2 - Manchester United
5-2 - Everton
5-2 - Liverpool

Media prediction full table:

1.Newcastle United
2.Leeds United
3.Blackburn Rovers
4.Chelsea
5.Liverpool
6.Manchester United
7.Everton
8.Manchester City
9.Arsenal
10.Queens Park Rangers
11.Stoke City
12.Oxford United
13.Tottenham Hotspur
14.West Ham United
15.Sunderland
16.Middlesbrough
17.Sheffield Wednesday
18.Crystal Palace
19.Derby County
20.Birmingham City

_62453299_mark-lawrenson-ff-header-464x81.jpg

BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson takes a look at the title contenders

6 days and counting down to the start of the new season! Who will challenge for the title? Who will suffer relegation? Will anyone beat Newcastle to the trophy?

I think the media nailed it this time. It's going to be between those seven. Either Newcastle, Blackburn, Leeds, the Manchester clubs, the Merseyside clubs or Chelsea. Bookmakers obviously think Newcastle will take it again but I'm not so sure this time. Too much pressure on them - both because of the record they are chasing and the World Cup final. Hristov has had it easy so far but now the whole nation will be against him. If the other contenders don't chunk too many points from each other they are more than capable to stop them. But what can we really expect from each of the clubs? Did they change their manager or prefer stability? Did they strengthen or a lucrative offer depleted their squad? What are their provisional squads for the upcoming season? Did they spend a good pre-season or they will meet Day 1 marred with injuries? It's all here on BBC Sport for you. Just read on and spread the word. Starting with the big favourites.

*Note - if the club conducted January transfers, they have been included in the squad sheet using the following format: players bought in January have their name in bold and marked by stars: *Aaron Abraham*; players sold in January have their name in bold and marked by brackets: (Aaron Abraham). All January transfers are additionally marked in the Notable transfers in/out field.

Newcastle United
View attachment 344572
Manager: Dimiter Hristov (since July 2012)

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in the U.S.A.

Friendlies:
Celtic (A) 4-0
Rangers (A) 7-1
Newcastle Town (H) 6-0

Blackburn (A) 1-2
New England (A) 4-0
D.C. United (A) 6-2
Newcastle Sicillians (H) 9-0

Preferred Formation:
2-3-1-2-2

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 344582View attachment 344583
Jáider Vallejo / Paulo Villalobos

Central Defenders:
View attachment 344584View attachment 344585View attachment 344586View attachment 344587
Mark Erwin / Pape Diédhiou / Santiago Bernal / Silvio Ibáñez

Full Backs:
View attachment 344588View attachment 344589View attachment 344590View attachment 344591
Sam Thomas / Andreas Rush / Gerardo Soriano / Darren Donaldson

Midfielders:
View attachment 344593View attachment 344594View attachment 344595View attachment 344596

Aubrey Mashishi / Antonio Undiana / Michael Toase / Scotty Walden

Wingers:
View attachment 344597View attachment 344598View attachment 344599View attachment 344600
Paolo Bonato / Diego Escudero / Leomar / Mickaël van der Vaart

Strikers:
View attachment 344601View attachment 344604View attachment 344605View attachment 344606
Dong Dexin / Jim Priestley / Mikael Lampi / Radek Pilar

Current injuries (bold if in doubt for Day 1):
Silvio Ibáñez - strained wrist (5-8 days)
Antonio Undiana - twisted ankle (3-8 days)

Notable Transfers In:

View attachment 344618
Berkay Sezer - Besiktas, £5.5m

View attachment 344619
Tom Riley - Manchester United,
£1.5m

Notable Transfers Out:

Berkay Sezer - Red Star on loan, £250k p/m

Tom Riley - Bangor City on loan, £35k p/m

View attachment 344620
Casper Wilson - Liverpool, £9.25m

View attachment 344621
Stewart Connolly - Q.P.R., £12.5m

View attachment 344622
Stuart Gillespie - Manchester United,
£20m

Brett Palmer - Chelsea on loan, £925k p/m
Dale Jones - Everton on loan, £250k p/m
Elvis El Alagui - Manchester United on loan, £575k p/m
Gábor Fekete - Manchester City on loan, £500k p/m
Heimir Snær Ólafsson - Liverpool on loan, £850k p/m
Iñigo Cuesta - Olympique Lyonnais on loan, £240k p/m
Kôtarô Kawaguchi - Arsenal on loan, £500k p/m
Malick Wade - Real Madrid on loan, £450k p/m
Mario Jäderström - Real Madrid on loan, £500k p/m
Martik Skarka - Real Madrid on loan, £350k p/m
Norbert Tornyi - Q.P.R. on loan, £325k p/m
Osvaldo Huerta - Real Madrid on loan, £500k p/m
Paulo Delgado - Juventus on loan, £300k p/m
Roland Le Gac - Leeds on loan, £450k p/m
Stefanos Angelidis - Blackburn on loan, £500k p/m
Tony De Havilland - Sheffield Wednesday on loan, £120k p/m
Adem Yigit - Crystal Palace
on loan, £100k p/m
Sam Latham - Coventry
on loan, £55k p/m
(Listed by same order below)

Last edited:

6 days and counting down to the start of the new season! Who will challenge for the title? Who will suffer relegation? Will anyone beat Newcastle to the trophy?

Now let's take a look at Leeds United. Media predictions: 2nd place.

*Note - if the club conducted January transfers, they have been included in the squad sheet using the following format: players bought in January have their name in bold and marked by stars: *Aaron Abraham*; players sold in January have their name in bold and marked by brackets: (Aaron Abraham). All January transfers are additionally marked in the Notable transfers in/out field.

Leeds United
View attachment 344649
Manager: Harry Redknapp (since February 2024)

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in Italy

Friendlies:
Notts County (A) 3-0
Roma (A) 2-1
Brescia (A) 4-0
Empoli (A) 4-1
Panathinaikos (H) 1-1

Preferred Formation:
4-4-1-1

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 344655View attachment 344656
Ji Nam-Il / Shaun Gregory

Central Defenders:
View attachment 344657View attachment 344658View attachment 344659View attachment 344660
Phil Jones / Haris Slomic / Phillip Foose / Pablo Yglesias

Full Backs:
View attachment 344661View attachment 344662View attachment 344663View attachment 344664
Álex Grimaldo / Brian Shea / (Shingo Takei) / Mxolisi Makhanya

Midfielders:
View attachment 344665View attachment 344666View attachment 344667
Angelo Grueso / Rémi Rivière / Konstantin Chumak

Wingers:
View attachment 344668View attachment 344669View attachment 344670View attachment 350771
Mikko Pöyry / Roland Le Gac / Ignazio Messina / *Hamaye Fanta*

Strikers:
View attachment 344671View attachment 344672View attachment 344673
Stevan Jovetic / Diego Herrera / Kieron Aspinall

none

Notable Transfers In:

Alex Grimaldo - Liverpool, £14.5m
Roland Le Gac - Newcastle United on loan, £450k p/m
January window deals:

Hamaye Fanta - Queens Park Rangers,
£33m

Notable Transfers Out:

Eirik Mork - Liverpool, £3m
View attachment 344674

January window deals:
Shingo Takei - Manchester City, £3.2m
View attachment 350777

Last edited:

Now let's take a look at Blackburn Rovers. Media predictions: 3rd place.

Blackburn Rovers
View attachment 344675
Manager: Neil Lennon (since February 2024)

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in China

Friendlies:
Qingdao (A) 4-1
Renhe (A) 3-0
Newcastle (H) 2-1
Celta (A) 2-1
Gimnàstic (A) 2-1

Preferred Formation:
4-4-2

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 344676
Marc-André ter Stegen

Central Defenders:
View attachment 344677View attachment 344680View attachment 344681View attachment 344682
Savio Barreto / Joshua Eze / Lars Persson / Frode Ravndal

Full Backs:
View attachment 344683View attachment 344684View attachment 344686
Luo Hán / Stefanos Angelidis / Laurie Smith

Midfielders:
View attachment 344687View attachment 344688
Patricio Espinoza / Ismail Hakan Tosun

Wingers:
View attachment 344692View attachment 344693View attachment 344696View attachment 350784
Josué / Michael Maldonado / Ekrem Tayfur / *Joel Ashby*

Strikers:
View attachment 344699View attachment 344701View attachment 344702View attachment 344703
Álvaro Aguilar / Luca Boccaccini / Amos Obi / José Osti

Alexi Pfister - broken arm (12 days-3 weeks)

Notable Transfers In:

Stefanos Angelidis - Newcastle United on loan, £500k p/m
January window deals:
Joel Ashby - Manchester United,
£22.5m

Notable Transfers Out:

Israel Navarra - Fiorentina on loan
View attachment 344704

Alexi Pfister - Everton, £8.25m
(deadline day deal)
View attachment 345474

Last edited:

Now let's take a look at Chelsea. Media predictions: 4th place.

Chelsea
View attachment 344705
Manager: Marcelino (since July 2026)

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in China

Friendlies:
Liaoning (A) 2-1
Jiangsu (A) 1-0
D.C. United (A) 4-0
Wolves (A) 4-0

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 344708
Thibaut Courtois

Central Defenders:
View attachment 344711View attachment 344712View attachment 344713View attachment 350785
Leonardo Martínez / Marjan Cvetanovski / Willis Davis / *Mike Pritchard*

Full Backs:
View attachment 344714View attachment 344715
Djalma / Wayne Lockwood

Midfielders:
View attachment 344716View attachment 344717View attachment 344718View attachment 344719View attachment 350786
Julio Jesús Gutiérrez / Murat Erdil / Mile Papak / Sebastjan Avbelj / *Dany Varillas*

Wingers:
View attachment 344722View attachment 344723View attachment 344725View attachment 344726View attachment 344727View attachment 344728
Fabien Benoist / Gabriel / Hugo Viviano / Tajuddin Hossain / Siaka Diallo / Dani

Strikers:
View attachment 344729View attachment 344730View attachment 344731
Laurent Simon / Brett Palmer / Miguel Fernandes

Wayne Lockwood - bruised head (5-7 days)

Notable Transfers In:

Wayne Lockwood - Arsenal, £10.75m
Brett Palmer - Newcastle United
on loan, £925k p/m
January window deals:
Mike Pritchard - Sheffield Wednesday,
£22.5m
Dany Varillas - Barcelona,
£17.75m

Notable Transfers Out:

Cosimo Di Tullio - Paris Saint-Germain, free
View attachment 344736

Moussa Sow - Schalke, free
View attachment 344737

Edu - Inter, £12.5m
(deadline day deal)
View attachment 345473

Ivo - Norwich, loan
(deadline day deal)
View attachment 345472

Last edited:

Now let's take a look at Liverpool. Media predictions: 5th place.

Liverpool
View attachment 344738
Manager: Míchel (since January 2026)

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in the U.S.A.

Friendlies:
Wrexham (A) 3-0
Real Salt Lake (A) 3-2
Brighton (A) 2-1
Bristol City (A) 1-0

Preferred Formation:
4-3-3

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 344740View attachment 344741
Ladislav Holy / Jason Kenworthy

Central Defenders:
View attachment 344743View attachment 344744
Michael Stevens / Stefano Denswil

Full Backs:
View attachment 344745View attachment 344747View attachment 344748
Eldin Jesenkovic / Alejandro Ramírez / Heimir Snær Ólafsson

Midfielders:
View attachment 344749View attachment 344750View attachment 344751View attachment 344752
Igot Gajic / John Schofield / Salvador / Lorenzo Tassi

Wingers:
View attachment 344753View attachment 344754View attachment 344755
Badji Soumbounou / Bruma / Casper Wilson

Strikers:
View attachment 344757View attachment 344758View attachment 344759
Daniël van Bremen / Eirik Mork / Jacinto Bellés

Robin Pettersen - torn hamstring (8 days-3 weeks)

Notable Transfers In:

Eldin Jesenkovic - Corinthians, £33.5m
Daniël van Bremen - Feyenoord, £26.5m
John Schofield - Arsenal,
£10.75m
Casper Wilson - Newcastle United, £9.25m
Eirik Mork -
Leeds United, £3m
Heimir Snær Ólafsson - Newcastle United on loan, £850k p/m

Notable Transfers Out:

Georges Hubert - Manchester City, £17.5m
View attachment 344761

Martín Ponti - Manchester City, £14.75m
View attachment 344762

Álex Grimaldo - Leeds United, £14.5m
View attachment 344763

Georgy Shennikov - free
View attachment 344764

Robin Pettersen - Arsenal,
£12m
(deadline day deal)
View attachment 345468

Last edited:

Now let's take a look at Manchester United - defending their record of 19 titles. Media predictions: 6th place.

Manchester United
View attachment 344769
Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson (since November 1986)

Pre-Season:
Training Camp in England

Friendlies:
América (H) 1-2
Bayern (H) 1-3
Cardiff (A) 2-2
Mansfield (A) 4-1
Jeonbuk (A) 2-1

EURO Cup 3rd Qual. Round:
Valur (H) 5-0
Valur (A) 2-0

Preferred Formation:
4-2-3-1

Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers:
View attachment 344770
David De Gea

Central Defenders:
View attachment 344771View attachment 344772View attachment 344773
Stuart Gillespie / Greg Bennett / Béla Pusztai

Full Backs:
View attachment 344774View attachment 344775View attachment 344776View attachment 344777
Hidde van Dijk / Abdoul Konaté / Martyn Flint / Raymond McFadden

Midfielders:
View attachment 344778View attachment 344779View attachment 344780View attachment 344781
Shola Shoretire / Gabriel López / Keith Sedgemore / Jack Wilshere

Wingers:
View attachment 344782View attachment 344783View attachment 344784View attachment 344785
Elvis El Alagui / Walter Blasi / Dylan Connery / Fraser McCarthy

Strikers:
View attachment 344786View attachment 344787View attachment 344788
Almamy Traoré / Guy Amadou / (Joel Ashby)

Dylan Connery - fractured arm (1-5 days)
Joel Ashby - sprained ankle (2-3 weeks)

Notable Transfers In:

Stuart Gillespie - Newcastle United, £20.0m
Guy Amadou - Crystal Palace, £16.25m
Elvis El Alagui - Newcastle United on loan, £575k p/m

Notable Transfers Out:

José Guido - Bayern, £9m
View attachment 344789

Tom Riley - Newcastle United, £1.5m
View attachment 344790

January window deals:
Joel Ashby - Blackburn Rovers, £22.5m
View attachment 350793

Last edited:
View attachment 344794View attachment 344791View attachment 344792

Blackburn - Newcastle
FA Community Shield
Sunday 9 August 2026
15:00

Line Ups:
1.M ter StegenPaulo Villalobos12.
14.Luo HánPape Diédhiou3.
15.Joshua EzeSantiago Bernal4.
5.Lars PerssonGerardo Soriano2.
18.Laurie SmithMichael Toase15.
8.JosuéDarren Donaldson5.
6.Patricio EspinozaScotty Walden7.
7.Ismail Hakan TosunM van der Vaart9.
16.Ekrem TayfurLeomar8.
9.Luca BoccacciniDong Dexin10.
11.Álvaro AguilarRadek Pilar39.
Substitutes:
26.Danny TerryJáider Vallejo1.
4.Savio BarretoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiMark Erwin13.
12.Frode RavndalDiego Escudero21.
13.Michael MaldonadoJim Priestley11.
10.Amos ObiPaolo Bonato19.
19.Guy BurtonAubrey Mashishi18.
25.Steve CurtisMikael Lampi29.
Report:

1' - Blackburn got the game underway. New England boss Antonio Conte was seen on the stands.

3' - Diédhiou passed along the floor for Toase to pick it up. Toase looked for Dong Dexin in front of him. Dong Dexin aimed a one touch pass to his right for Leomar. Leomar sent the ball flying towards goal from distance. ter Stegen saved and held the ball.

5' - Luca Boccaccini moved the ball forward for Espinoza. Espinoza tried to find Josué with a pass to feet. Josué struck it low from a tight angle. Villalobos did well to tip it round the post. Corner-kick to Blackburn.

8' - Bernal headed the ball clear. Pilar headed the ball to Donaldson. Donaldson passed it forward first time to Dong Dexin. Dong Dexin darted past Luo Hán and sent the ball flying towards goal from distance but couldn't direct it goalwards.

17' - Toase looked up and swung the ball right towards Donaldson. Donaldson crossed for van der Vaart who beat Smith in the air to it. Van der Vaart was close, but the ball went over the bar.

22' - Luo Hán could not stop Leomar going past him. Leomar put the ball into the six yard box. Good play by Walden in making himself some space. SCOTTY WALDEN SCORED FOR NEWCASTLE!!

Blackburn - Newcastle 0-1 (Scotty Walden)

25' - Donaldson executed a good sliding tackle on Josué. The ball went out for a throw-in. Luo Hán took the throw-in. Leomar nodded the ball to Scotty Walden. Walden looked for Donaldson. Donaldson sent the ball flying towards goal from distance. The keeper felt safe to wave the ball wide.

30' - Pilar jumps at the rebound. PILAR SCORED FOR NEWCASTLE!! Eze was furious the goal was allowed to stand when it looked offside!

Blackburn - Newcastle 0-2 (Radek Pilar)

33' - Espinoza passed first time along the floor for Boccaccini to pick it up. Boccaccini tried to find Hakan Tosun with a pass to feet. Hakan Tosun played the ball right to Ekrem Tayfur's feet. Gerardo Soriano could not stop Tayfur going past him. Toase got across well to perfectly tackle the ball. Corner.

34' - Leomar was tripped by Josué. The referee pulled out a yellow card for Josué.

36' - The ball went out for a goal kick to Newcastle, Villalobos played the ball long. Van der Vaart cushioned a headed pass to Toase. Josué did well to pick out and intercept that pass. Josué swung in a deep cross... Corner-kick to Blackburn. Espinoza took the corner. Josué headed it across the goal. JOSUE SCORED FOR BLACKBURN!!

Blackburn - Newcastle 1-2 (Josué)

38' - Boccaccini shoved Toase to the fury of the Newcastle fans. Yellow card shown to Boccaccini.

40' - Donaldson moved across to take his side's throw-in. The head of Dong Dexin met the ball. DONG DEXIN SCORED FOR NEWCASTLE!!

Blackburn - Newcastle 1-3 (Dong Dexin)

41' - Blackburn got the game underway. Aguilar played a one-two with Hakan Tosun and passed back for Eze. Eze played the ball forward, Tayfur went after it. Soriano with a great interception. Soriano flicked the ball forward for Walden. Walden sent it back to Leomar... ter Stegen beat the ball away.

41' - The ball went out of play for a throw-in. Taken by Donaldson. Dong Dexin got well above Hakan Tosun to win the ball. Dong Dexin got up to head at goal. THAT WAS HIS SECOND. Newcastle hit Blackburn with a 2 minute double salvo.

Blackburn - Newcastle 1-4 (Dong Dexin)

44' - Josué had his shirt pulled by Darren Donaldson. Yellow card for Donaldson. Josué played the ball forward. Smith dived onto it but Soriano headed it behind.

45+1' - Half time whistle.

46' - Barreto replaced Josué at half time. Obi replaced Tayfur at half time. Newcastle also made a half time change introducing Bonato in place of Leomar.

52' - Espinoza lost the ball to Toase. Walden moved the ball forward for Dong Dexin. From way out, Dong Dexin hit the ball low towards goal but couldn't get it on target.

58' - Diédhiou played the ball ahead looking for Soriano. Boccaccini had no problem in intercepting the ball and passed to Espinoza. Espinoza passed left to Hakan Tosun. Ismail Hakan Tosun shot from distance but put it wide of the goal.

62' - Bernal was pushed by Aguilar. Yellow card for Aguilar.

64' - Newcastle make changes. Escudero on for Donaldson. Vallejo on for Villalobos. Mashishi on for Walden. Priestley on for Pilar.

72' - Aguilar pushed Toase. Second yellow card and Aguilar was off! Blackburn made changes. Ravndal on for Persson. Eze replaced by Maldonado.

79' - Smith made a clearance. Boccaccini went after the ball and passed to Obi. Obi struck a long range piledriver! But couldn't get it on target.

81' - Excellent sliding tackle from Bonato, easily dispossessing Obi. Toase exchanged passes with Mashishi. Diédhiou fed the high ball forward. Priestley headed the ball down to Escudero. Escudero hit a ferocious left footed strike. But it went over the bar. The goal kick was taken by ter Stegen. Espinoza looked to latch onto it and headed the ball out right to Maldonado. Maldonado took a shot but put it wide of the goal.

82' - Dong Dexin went to ground and was accused of diving! Yellow card shown to Dong Dexin.

89' - A goal kick was taken by Valleho. Dong Dexin nodded the ball left to van der Vaart. Barreto couldn't reach the header and van der Vaart played the ball to Mashishi's feet. Mashishi played the ball to Dong Dexin who put it superbly for Priestley. Priestley was unmarked. Driven in low by Priestley on his left foot. Priestley put it into the side netting.

90+3' Full time whistle.

Blackburn - Newcastle
1-4

Match Stats:
View attachment 344796

Blackburn Stats:
View attachment 344798

Newcastle Stats:
View attachment 344799

Newcastle win the Community shield!
View attachment 344800

Hey, guys!

I'm looking for some feedback on the story before I move it on. I'd appreciate you opinion on the following questions I am considering:

- Is it too heavy/slow? Do all the screenshots tire your eyes?

- Would you like to see more pundit side-tracks with interviews and analysis, or do you prefer the bare facts?

- Are there particular pundits you'd like to see?

- Do you prefer the story to be more interactive so we can communicate along the way and do you have any creative suggestions how to make that happen?

- How do you find it so far?

Hi I've just looked through this for the first time and my god. This is the best laid out and most well informed story I've seen on the site. The effort your putting into your posts is a refreshing change. The forum has been lacking story's like this for a long time.

The preview of the title contenders team sets the scene perfectly since the story is so far in the future. Shall have my eyes on it from now on, even if you are playing as Newcastle haha

My feedback

- Is it too heavy/slow? Do all the screenshots tire your eyes?
Don't look at all of them but at this stage it was useful to see the players you'll be using and are up against since there all regens

- Would you like to see more pundit side-tracks with interviews and analysis, or do you prefer the bare facts?
Mixing them up works really well

- Are there particular pundits you'd like to see?
^

- Do you prefer the story to be more interactive so we can communicate along the way and do you have any creative suggestions how to make that happen?
Over the years in other story's I've tried a few things like poll's or using twitter & asking peoples opinion on players. Non of the idea's really kicked off or had anything like the responses i hoped for. I would think if you keep up the story like this there will be plenty of people commenting on your story which helps interacting.

- How do you find it so far?
Answered above

View attachment 345012
Premier League 2026/27 kicks off!

Saturday 15th August 2026:

Manchester United - Q.P.R. 6-0
Blasi (9), Amadou (12), El Alagui (50, 53, 80), Wilshere (71)
View attachment 345013View attachment 345014

Blackburn - Tottenham 4-0
Boccaccini (9), Obi (11), Aguilar (25), Tadeu o.g. (55)
View attachment 345015View attachment 345016

Liverpool - Birmingham 1-0
Mork (72)
View attachment 345020View attachment 345021

Sunday 16th August 2026:

Chelsea - Crystal Palace
2-1
Cvetanovski (69), Djalma (73); Hassell (pen 61)
View attachment 345028View attachment 345029

Newcastle - Oxford
5-1
Lampi (4, 68), Priestley (22), Mashishi (49), Walden (82); Messi (20)
View attachment 345030View attachment 345031

Leeds game postponed

League Table:

View attachment 345032

Last edited:
View attachment 345051

View attachment 345044
PUBLISHED: 23:01 GMT, 18 August 2026 | UPDATED: 23:06 GMT, 18 August 2026

Pettersen sold, new striker Mork brings 3 points in season opener

I was afraid Liverpool wasn't done with transfers as such heavy spending spree in the summer would always mean we need to sell to balance the books. Sadly Arsenal came knocking for our best defender Robin Pettersen and despite a fragile attempt from our management to hold off £12 million was simply too much to refuse. This transfer leaves us with only two recognized central defenders and we are desperate for some cover in this area.

View attachment 345070
Pettersen sold to Arsenal for £12m

Whatever manager Míchel and the board are thinking they must move fast as the season already started and any further deals will leave the players no time to gel. The warning signs were there to see in the opening match against a Birmingham side widely tipped to go down. Despite creating many opportunities we had to wait for a 72nd minute Eirik Mork strike to finally break them down and I could hear Anfield sigh with relief.

View attachment 345072
Mork sinks spirited Birmingham

I firmly believe our offensive players are going to come good as the season progresses, but time is of the essence. Considering lack of European midweek games to distract us there is a decent window of opportunity to go for a place in the top 4. The last thing we want now is a slow start. We must buy a backup defender to replace Pettersen and somehow avoid dropping points in these first weeks.

Last edited:

Newcastle send two top youngsters out on loan

View attachment 345090
Rob Lee
Published at 2:31PM, August 19 2026

Newcastle remain faithful to their policy and allowed two more youngsters to gather first-team experience from season-long loans. Adem Yigit spent last season with West Ham and will continue to grow in the Premiership as Crystal Palace have secured his services in a £100k p/m loan deal.

Academy product Sam Latham will step down a level to help Coventry in their fight to return to the top flight in a £55k p/m loan deal.

I wish both lads a good injury-free campaign and believe they will return stronger footballers for it.

View attachment 345098
Premier League
Round 2

Saturday 22nd August 2026:

Manchester City - Chelsea 1-1
Fekete (pen 33); Viviano (53)

View attachment 345100View attachment 345101

Birmingham - Newcastle 0-3
Thomas (36), Sterling o.g. (57), Priestley (85)
View attachment 345102View attachment 345103

Middlesbrough - Blackburn 0-1
Boccaccini (65)
View attachment 345104View attachment 345105

Tottenham - Leeds 2-2
Fierro (3, 18); Le Gac (42), Herrera (84)

View attachment 345107View attachment 345108

Q.P.R. - Liverpool 1-0
Francisco (31)
View attachment 345109View attachment 345110

Sunday 23rd August 2026:​

Crystal Palace - Manchester United 0-0
View attachment 345111View attachment 345112

League Table:

View attachment 345113

Last edited:
Devils must not lose momentum

Gary Neville

Published at 9:13PM, August 23 2026

The season couldn't have started better for Manchester United. A comfortable 6-0 victory over Q.P.R., top of the league and Old Trafford started dreaming this could be our year. It could very well be! But only if we take our home form on the road. Inability to break down relegation favourites Crystal Palace sees us slide down to third. With Newcastle looking to get away before the season started yet again Sir Alex simply can't allow another performance like that.

View attachment 345118
Sir Alex angry with points dropped

I wasn't encouraged by Wilshere's display on the left side of attack when Blasi had to go off with a torn hamstring. Don't read me wrong, I have massive respect to Jack but this isn't his natural position and it was evident as he posed little threat for Palace. It's very unfortunate young Joel Ashby is still recovering and we don't have any other options for this position. This would be a great chance to see more of our youth on the pitch and I hope the medical team will do enough to patch him up for next weekend.

View attachment 345117
Young Ashby can step up and cover for Blasi

Our team is brimming with talent and Sir Alex can hardly get a better blend of youth and experience. If he can put it to good use we can really push Newcastle this time. And that's something he has done in the past. I expect the lads to come out fighting and bounce back with another convincing score.

Last edited:
View attachment 345119

View attachment 345120
PUBLISHED: 21:51 GMT, 23 August 2026 | UPDATED: 22:06 GMT, 23 August 2026

Mork injury cost us the game but Liverpool have the ingredients

Football. The most beautiful emotion when it clicks but you don't want to get out of bed when it doesn't. We had no right to underestimate Q.P.R. despite their heavy loss to Man United and yet we did. I could easily say "I told you" but truth is the last thing we need is more pressure. Yes, mistakes were made. Van Bremen didn't have the best game of his life and we are pinning our hopes on his creativity and goals. There still isn't any sign of a new defender and now Mork is out with a torn hamstring. But we need to remember the key players are new to this club, some of them new to the country. Manager Míchel has been in England for less than a year. We have the ingredients, we just need time for them to mix and produce the right chemical reaction. And every aspiring chemist knows once in a while it will blow in your face.

View attachment 345121
Liverpool still mixing the ingredients

The lads should use the upcoming Yeovil Capital One Cup match to vent their emotions and blend as a team. I know our next game in the Premier League is Manchester United, but we are at home and they don't seem nearly as impressive on the road. There would be nothing I'd enjoy more than seeing us produce the right reaction against them.

View attachment 345123
North-West derby next week

Champions League 2026/27
Group Draw
View attachment 345125

1st Seeds
Newcastle
Atletico Madrid
Jiventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Inter
Leeds