Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
View attachment 413203

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Bill Clinton

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on the 42nd President of the United States from 1993 to 2001 Bill Clinton, who arguably named his own daughter on his favourite Premier League club.

View attachment 413202
Lawro vs Chelsea fan Bill

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Manchester City - Manchester United
Bill Clinton: Great chance for the Manchester clubs to eat points off each other. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: It could go either way but I'll side with home advantage for this one. 2-1.

Arsenal - Fulham
Bill Clinton: Advisors tell me this is a pretty even affair - 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: The Gunners will look to climb the table and I can see them just scraping the win here. 2-1.

Newcastle
- Blackburn
Bill Clinton: I don't see Rovers taking anything here. 3-1.
Mark Lawrenson: It won't even be close, the way the champions are playing right now. 5-1.

Chelsea - Tottenham

Bill Clinton: Another big derby, another draw. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll back the home side again. 2-1.

Last week, Lawro got two results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 2 was not enough to match the predictions of Liverpool fan Samuel Jackson, who scored 4, managing two correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Twelve
Lawro: 51
Guests: 33

Last edited:
View attachment 413191
Premier League
Round 13

Saturday 28th November 2015:

Manchester City - Manchester United 3-0
Gotze (1), Ronaldo (34), Nasri (41)
View attachment 413190View attachment 413189View attachment 413188

Newcastle - Blackburn 4-0
Januzaj (14, 31), Suarez (64), Lamela (84); Douglas sent off (74)
View attachment 413187View attachment 413186

Sunday 29th November 2015:

Arsenal - Fulham 1-1
El Shaarawy (56); Oviedo (64)
View attachment 413185View attachment 413184

Chelsea - Tottenham 6-3
Fabregas (6), Hazard (9, 39, 52, 57), Willian (85); Balotelli (23), Paulinho (28), Griezmann (72)
View attachment 413183View attachment 413182View attachment 413181

League Table:

View attachment 413180

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2015/16 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Manchester City - Manchester United
3-0
View attachment 413177

Gary Lineker: The Manchester giants clashed in a game which was vital for either side as the Red Devils were looking to remain within five points off the top while the Citizens were hopeful of matching their rivals' point tally and leapfrogging them in the process. Hopes of an even game were quickly crushed as Mario Gotze gave Man City the lead in the very first minute of the match. Ronaldo and Nasri added a second and a third before half time and any contest was over by that point. Nothing significant happened in the second half and the points went to the Citizens.
Alan Hansen: I think after Man United lost Nani to an injury and went on to concede two more before the half time whistle, it became damage control for David Moyes and the Citizens could have put more past them. Sadly Ronaldo also limped off with an injury on the hour mark and it deprived the neutrals from more goals. Other than that - credit must go to Klopp, he went out to take a win and did so in commanding manner.
Alan Shearer: The entire Man City team was great and it's hard to pick out individuals but PoM winner Mario Gotze was perhaps the best on the pitch - he scored a goal and created another. Alaba and Modric were exceptional, too. No Man United players were even semi-decent and Phil Jones, Jonny Evans and Gareth Bale were plain awful.
Gary Lineker: It's another twist at the summit - the Citizens are now third and Man United slide down to fourth, both sides 8 points behind Newcastle. If neither of them manage to nail down a consistent streak, the champions will soon run too far away, even if it's early days.

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2015/16 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Chelsea - Tottenham
6-3
View attachment 413173

Gary Lineker: Big favorites Chelsea entertained at Stamford Bridge a Spurs side much praised for their great attacking potency. A win would have allowed the Blues to stay second and keep pace with leaders Newcastle, while victory for Tottenham was going to put them on par with not only Chelsea, but both Manchester clubs as well. There were always going to be goals in this one and we didn't have to wait to see them flow: Fabregas and Hazard struck in the first ten minutes to give the home side a comfortable lead. It didn't prove to be that comfortable for long - Balotelli and Paulinho pulled Spurs level at the half hour mark! Hazard then got his second of the game to give Chelsea a fragile 3-2 lead at half time. Stamford Bridge was a nervous place during the break - it didn't seem the Blues would be able to hold on until the final whistle without conceding another but the crowd knew Mourinho's defensive approach when having the lead. Jose proved them wrong though as Chelsea went out all guns blazing and Hazard quickly completed his hattrick, then adding a fourth goal on his account for the night - 5-2 overall score! Even then Spurs refused to give up and Griezmann pulled one back. Chelsea had the upper hand in the end though and sealed a spectacular 6-3 win with a Willian strike.
Alan Hansen: Wow, what can you say after a show like that! Strong contender for match of the season, without a doubt! The neutrals have to say big thank you to Mourinho and Laudrup for giving us non-stop attacking football and I was only sorry there had to be a loser in the end. Emotions aside, Spurs got a bit carried away with the high tempo and in truth were outplayed. Chelsea had more possession, more chances, more of everything - it would be very, very hard to go out at Stamford Bridge and manage to score more than the Blues without taking serious care of your own defense.
Alan Shearer: Big game for 4-goal hero Eden Hazard - PoM winner. Neymar was close in his trail though, despite not getting on the scoresheet, he created four goals himself! Devastating cameo from the bench for Willian and strong performances from Falcao and Thiago Alcantara. Griezmann was great off the bench for Spurs - makes you wonder why he didn't start the game. We just have to point out Yanga-Mbiwa and Papadopoulos went AWOL in a number of situations and it felt like Spurs didn't have a central defense at all - horrible, horrible performance!
Gary Lineker: This win keeps Chelsea in second place and they appear the most likely contender to challenge Newcastle right now. Spurs are three behind the Manchester clubs and will have to concentrate on battle for top four for the time being.

What is with Marseilles thing in tweets?

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

View attachment 413159

November Watch

View attachment 413158
Premier League Table

The Contenders:

Newcastle (1st; 34pts; +26) - the Magpies picked up 9 points and opened up a comfortable 5 point lead at the top after a perfect month.
Player of the month: Leighton Baines 8.70
1 Current first team injury:
Eduardo Salvio - 7-11 days (twisted knee)

Chelsea
(2nd; 29pts; +16) - the Blues picked up 6 points this month which allows them to remain second but they struggled to keep pace with champions Newcastle.
Player of the month: Eden Hazard 8.10
0 Current first team injuries.

Manchester City (3rd; 26pts; +18) - the Citizens picked up 7 points this month which allows them to climb back in the top four but is still not good enough to cut the gap to the top spot.
Player of the month: Cristiano Ronaldo 7.64
3 Current first team injuries:
Pablo Zabaleta - 4-7 days (sprained wrist)
Cristiano Ronaldo - 2-4 days (concussion)
Lionel Messi - 4-5 weeks (fractured wrist)

Manchester United
(4th; 26pts; +13) - the Red Devils picked up just 4 points this month which sees them slide one position in the table - they need to arrest this drop in form fast before their title bid collapses completely.
Player of the month: Kyle Walker 7.62
1 Current first team injury:
Nani - 3-4 months (torn calf muscle)

Tottenham (5th; 23pts; +9) - Spurs picked up just 4 points this month which is enough to climb one position and remain close to the top four but leaves them with little chance to mount a serious title challenge.
Player of the month: Andre Ayew 7.60
2 Current first team injuries:
Hugo Lloris - 3-7 days (thigh strain)
Younes Kaboul - 1-3 days (gashed upper leg)

Arsenal (11th; 16pts; +4) - the Gunners picked up 5 points this month and remain in the bottom half - can they pick up the pieces of their season before it's too late?
Player of the month: Isco 7.66
4 Current first team injuries:
Mattia De Sciglio - 5-7 weeks (hip injury)
Jack Wilshere - 5-7 days (damaged neck)
Bernard - 1-3 days (torn hamstring)
Theo Walcott - 6-11 days (dislocated jaw)

Other teams to watch:

Everton (6th) - the Toffees have recovered this month and find themselves close to the top four.

Stoke (7th) - the Potters slided further down the table but are still well positioned to attack Europe.

Southampton (8th) - the Saints are also well positioned to challenge for European football.

Blackburn (13th) - the promoted club kept going up in the table but is just 4 points off relegation at the moment.

Liverpool (14th) - the promoted club slided down the table and is just 3 points above relegation zone.

Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace occupy the bottom three - the former two are a win away from getting out but Palace are yet to taste victory and three points out of the first 13 games turns them into strong favorites to face the drop.

November Player of the Month:
Luis Suarez (Newcastle)
View attachment 413151

November Young Player of the Month:
Eric Dier (Swansea)
View attachment 413152

November Manager of the Month:
Dimiter Hristov (Newcastle)
View attachment 413153

Leading Goalscorers:
View attachment 413155

View attachment 413149

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Cheryl Cole

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on English recording artist, songwriter, dancer and Newcastle fan Cheryl Ann Cole, known as a member of the girl group Girls Aloud, as well as her solo singer career. Her group achieved 20 top-ten singles (including four number one singles) in the UK and six platinum albums (two of which went to number one) and earned five BRIT Award nominations from 2005 to 2010.

View attachment 413148
Lawro vs Newcastle fan Cheryl

Newcastle - Aston Villa
Cheryl Cole: We will win this, big time. 4-0.
Mark Lawrenson: Do you dare bet against the Magpies on their form? 3-1.

Liverpool - Manchester United
Cheryl Cole: I can see this ending in a draw. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: This is a massive derby but talking about football the visitors are much better at the moment and will win easily. 1-4.

Manchester City - Everton
Cheryl Cole: The Toffees are doing pretty well recently and I think they can sneak a point at the Etihad. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I don't think there will be much of a contest here. 3-0.

Chelsea - Swansea
Cheryl Cole: Home win, period. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll side with the Chelsea here, I think they will have trouble though. 3-2.

Arsenal - Tottenham
Cheryl Cole: Great derby and it will be pretty even. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I predict more trouble for Wenger after the game is over. 2-4.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 3 was not good enough to beat the predictions of Chelsea fan Bill Clinton, who scored 4, managing two correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Thirteen
Lawro: 54
Guests: 37

View attachment 413146
Premier League
Round 14

Tuesday 1st December 2015:

Newcastle - Aston Villa 5-0
Depay (5), Alvarez Balanta (21), Remy (48, 85), Santon (61)
View attachment 413145View attachment 413144

Liverpool - Manchester United 1-3
Robinson sent off (60), Gerrard (pen 86); Rooney (pen 29), Di Maria (31), Hamsik (88)
View attachment 413143View attachment 413142

Manchester City - Everton 2-0
Silva (10, 27)
View attachment 413141View attachment 413140

Wednesday 2nd December 2015:

Chelsea - Swansea 5-0
Fabregas (6), Neymar (36, 44), Lampard (54), Mata (62)
View attachment 413139View attachment 413138

Arsenal - Tottenham 2-1
Cavani (45+1), Isco (pen 53); Balotelli (81)
View attachment 413137View attachment 413136View attachment 413135

League Table:

View attachment 413134

Arsenal - Tottenham
2-1
View attachment 413131

Gary Lineker: Struggling Gunners welcomed bitter rivals Tottenham at the Emirates needing a win to lift the clouds hanging over under-pressure manager Arsene Wenger and climb in the upper half of the table. Spurs required a result to stay close to the top four so neither team could have afforded to drop points. The home side struck first with a Cavani goal in the end of the first half and then made another massive step towards victory by earning a penalty just after the break. Isco stepped up from the spot and converted it. Tottenham pulled one back through Balotelli with ten minutes to go but couldn't find an equalizer and all points stayed with the home side.
Alan Hansen: Arsenal took full advantage of a four man midfield Laudrup employed and bossed possession. It eventually paid off with the goals. Of course it also meant the Gunners had to be careful about the visitors' threat in the box and I wouldn't say Wenger won the tactical battle as there were chances both ways, but Spurs were more wasteful and paid the price.
Alan Shearer: In all honesty only PoM winner El Shaarawy grabbed my attention from the Gunners. Balotelli had a bright half hour after coming on as a sub, he really livened up his team's attack and scored a good goal. Diego Costa and Jan Vertonghen were pretty poor though.
Gary Lineker: This win finally puts Arsenal in the top half of the table but it also hurts Spurs badly - they are now six points adrift of the top four.

View attachment 413130

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Sarah Michelle Gellar

This week he takes on American actress and producer, as well as Arsenal fan Sarah Michelle Gellar. Gellar came to prominence in the late 1990s, landing roles in 1997's horror films I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream 2. She portrayed Buffy Summers on the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for which she won six Teen Choice Awards, the Saturn Award for Best Genre TV Actress and received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress ? Television Series Drama. She also gained recognition for her performances as Kathryn Merteuil in Cruel Intentions.

View attachment 413129
Lawro vs Arsenal fan Sarah

Swansea - Manchester City
Sarah Michelle Gellar: The Citizens will win this. 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I also believe this will be a comfortable away win. 0-3.

Q.P.R. - Newcastle
Sarah Michelle Gellar: I can't bet against the champions here, can I? 0-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll go for a surprise here, I think the Magpies will be slightly prone to complacency and this is an away game coming right after a string of tough contender derbies. 1-1.

Manchester United - Nottingham Forest
Sarah Michelle Gellar: Another game I can't bet against our rivals, 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I will side with the charming guest here, the Red Devils will be dominant at home. 3-1.

Cardiff - Chelsea
Sarah Michelle Gellar: This has draw all over it, 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I doubt this trip to Wales will intimidate Chelsea, they will win. 1-3.

Everton - Arsenal
Sarah Michelle Gellar: We must get a result there. 1-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I believe the Toffees will take this one. 2-1.

Tottenham - Liverpool
Sarah Michelle Gellar: This has draw all over it, 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: Liverpool are a pain to watch right now, no doubt Spurs will win. 4-0.

Last week, Lawro got four results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 4 was good enough to beat the predictions of Newcastle fan Cheryl Cole, who scored 2, managing two correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Fourteen
Lawro: 58
Guests: 39

English Title Contenders Cup Watch

View attachment 413128

Third Round Draw

Norwich - Tottenham
Manchester United
- Scunthorpe/Shrewsbury
Northampton - Arsenal
Watford - Chelsea
Newcastle
- Middlesbrough
Carlisle - Manchester City

View attachment 413126
Premier League
Round 15

Saturday 5th December 2015:

Swansea - Manchester City 2-5
Michu (pen 5), Scepovic (48); Pedro (6, 21), Modric (19, 65, pen 74)
View attachment 413123View attachment 413122

Q.P.R. - Newcastle 1-2
Phillips (40); Debuchy (71), Remy (74)
View attachment 413121View attachment 413120

Cardiff - Chelsea 0-3
Falcao (3), Hazard (41), Lewandowski (87)
View attachment 413119View attachment 413118

Manchester United - Nottingham Forest 3-0
Bale (3), van Persie (pen 14), Di Maria (90+3)
View attachment 413117View attachment 413116

Sunday 6th December 2015:

Everton -
Arsenal
1-2
Young (29); Cavani (36, 56)
View attachment 413115View attachment 413114

Monday 7th December 2015:

Tottenham - Liverpool 1-1

Balotelli (60); Coutinho (73)
View attachment 413113View attachment 413112

League Table:

View attachment 413111

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

#ChampionsLeague
Napoli - #mufc 0-0
#mufc fail to qualify for Knockout round

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
FC Porto - #mcfc 2-1
Ghilas (29, 36); Jovetic (76)
LGx

Expand

Simon Pegg @simonpegg what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i------ue 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#CFC - Anderlecht 5-2
Shaqiri (18), Zaha (26, 35), Oscar (81), Ramos (88); Bodart (67), Janssen (73)

Expand

Phil Collins @PhilCollinsFeed what a tool @ Marseilles can -u-----------e 1m

#EuropaLeague
#THFC - APOEL 2-1
Lawal (34), Griezmann (43); Georgiadis (13)

Expand

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can -u--------------e 1m

Europa League
Arsenal - Gladbach 2-1
Vela (15), Wilshere (76); Klauss (55)

Expand

Just a suggestion, but do you think you could include screenshots of the Champions League games and Europa League games when you post the tweets about them?

Back