Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mufc - CSKA Moscow 2-0
Rooney (39, 65); Dudenkov sent off (74)

Expand

Sting @OfficialSting what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilieve 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#nufc - Atletico Madrid 8-1
Baines (25), Remy (54, 77), Januzaj (58, 87), Lamela (69), Grimm (78),
Hughes (90+1); Leandro Damiao (60)
#nufc qualify for Knockout round

Expand

Simon Pegg @simonpegg what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i------ue 1m

#ChampionsLeague
Zenit - #CFC 1-4
Kerzhakov (57); Hazard (15), Willian (39), Falcao (51), Thiago Alcantara (62)
#CFC qualify for Knockout round

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
Sparta Prague - #mcfc 1-5
Houdek (47); Ronaldo (8, pen 68), Zabaleta (11), Gotze (20),
Lahm sent off (57), Rami (64)
#mcfc qualify for Knockout round
LGx

Expand

Phil Collins @PhilCollinsFeed what a tool @ Marseilles can -u-----------e 1m

#EuropaLeague
Kuban - #THFC 1-2
Mareev (32); Bonaventura (24), Paulinho (47)

Expand

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can -u--------------e 1m

Europa League
Maccabi Tel-Aviv - Arsenal 1-2
Avrahami (52); Cavani (13), El Shaarawy (18)

Expand

View attachment 413298

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Megan Fox

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on American actress, model and Manchester United fan Megan Fox. She emerged to stardom after starring in Transformers. Fox is also considered one of the modern female *** symbols and has appeared in magazines such as Maxim, Rolling Stone and FHM.

View attachment 413297
Lawro vs Manchester United fan Megan

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Fulham - Manchester City
Megan Fox: I'd love to see the Citizens drop points in London. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Can't see anything other than an away win in this one. 0-3.

Cardiff - Newcastle
Megan Fox: The champions don't seem like they can be stopped at the moment. 0-3.
Mark Lawrenson: The Magpies will definitely win this. 1-3.

Tottenham - Stoke
Megan Fox: This will be a great game but even though the Potters are higher in the table Spurs should win it. 3-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I love how Stoke are playing and they can certainly take something from this trip to White Hart Lane. 2-2.

Leeds - Arsenal
Megan Fox: Both teams are struggling so perhaps a draw will be a fair result. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I think the Gunners have improved recently and should take this. 1-3.

Manchester United - Chelsea
Megan Fox: Very hard game for us but Old Trafford should get involved and push the lads to a massive win. 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I don't think Mou will lose this tactical battle but I guess he will be happy to share the points. 1-1.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 3 was a perfect match for the predictions of Tottenham fan Darcey Bussell, who scored 3, managing three correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Ten
Lawro: 46
Guests: 24

View attachment 413295
Premier League
Round 11

Saturday 7th November 2015:

Fulham - Manchester City 1-2
Stocker (10); Silva (50), Alaba (90+1)

View attachment 413293View attachment 413292

Cardiff - Newcastle 0-2
Salvio (pen 25), Suarez (34)
View attachment 413291View attachment 413290

Sunday 8th November 2015:

Tottenham - Stoke 3-1
Kaboul (17), Diego Costa (53), Soldado (89); Ben Khalifa (35)
View attachment 413289View attachment 413288

Leeds - Arsenal 1-2
Cisse (54); Cavani (32, 87)
View attachment 413287View attachment 413286

Monday 9th November 2015:

Manchester United - Chelsea 4-1
Fellaini (29), Rooney (45), Kagawa (50), Fellaini sent off (71), Hamsik (88); Falcao (10)
View attachment 413285View attachment 413284View attachment 413283

League Table:

View attachment 413282

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2015/16 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Manchester United - Chelsea
4-1
View attachment 413275

Gary Lineker: Old Trafford geared up for the visit of Chelsea knowing a win would allow the home side to leapfrog the Blues in the league table. Both David Moyes and Jose Mourinho spoke with respect of the opposition before the game and it was expected a point would satisfy either side. It was Chelsea who got to a dream start though when Edinson Cavani broke free in the tenth minute and powered the opener past De Gea. Man United retaliated in the best possible manner - Fellaini equalized on the half hour mark and Rooney put them ahead just before the break. Chelsea were having a tough hill to climb in the second half but it was the Red Devils who got the crucial next goal thanks to Kagawa. That obviously broke resistance in the away side and even Fellaini's sending off with 20 to go didn't help them - on the contrary, Hamsik added a fourth in the end to seal a massive and a little unexpected win for Manchester United!
Alan Hansen: I think David Moyes surprised Mou with his aggressive approach - despite his words before the game, he obviously set out an attacking team and draw wasn't on his agenda. As a matter of fact Chelsea's early goal only kicked the home side to life and they totally dominated ever after. Man United just wanted it more and the final score reflected nothing less than that!
Alan Shearer: I thought the entire Chelsea team were below-par in this game, but Thiago Alcantara and Branislav Ivanovic particularly disappointed and their errors literally gifted goals to the hosts. Rafael, Fellaini and Kagawa were great for the Red Devils, Rooney excelled but it was Marek Hamsik who totally stole the show and the PoM award as he created three goals before deservedly getting on the scoresheet himself in the end. Javier Hernandez was the only lowlight for the home side as he failed to produce any impact on the game before being taken off.
Gary Lineker: This result might not be shocking but it puts a serious dent in Chelsea's title ambitions. The triumphant Red Devils climbed to second and appear the most likely side able to challenge Newcastle with the gap between the two teams being just three points!

View attachment 413263

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Samuel Jackson

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on American film and television actor and film producer, as well as Liverpool fan Samuel Jackson. Jackson's many roles have made him one of the highest-grossing actors at the box office. He has won multiple awards throughout his career and has been portrayed in various forms of media, including films, television series, and songs.

View attachment 413262
Lawro vs Liverpool fan Samuel

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Tottenham - Manchester City
Samuel Jackson: Two good teams, not much to set them apart. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I expect the Citizens to prevail at White Hart Lane, but it will be a close contest. 2-3.

Hull - Newcastle
Samuel Jackson: This one is easy to call, 0-3.
Mark Lawrenson: I think the Magpies will find it a little harder than they expect against struggling Hull. 2-4.

Everton - Chelsea
Samuel Jackson: Merseyside will be a tough place for Chelsea. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: No more mistakes for the Blues, they need a reaction after the collapse at Old Trafford. 1-3.

Manchester United - Arsenal
Samuel Jackson: I'll go for a shocker here against form - 1-3.
Mark Lawrenson: The Red Devils will be buoyant after the win against Chelsea and they are at home again - 3-1.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 3 was not good enough to beat the predictions of Manchester United fan Megan Fox, who scored 5, managing three correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Eleven
Lawro: 49
Guests: 29

View attachment 413258
Premier League
Round 12

Saturday 21st November 2015:

Manchester United - Arsenal 0-0
View attachment 413255View attachment 413254View attachment 413253

Everton - Chelsea 0-3
Neymar (27), Willian (45+1), Hazard (81)
View attachment 413251View attachment 413252

Tottenham - Manchester City 1-1
Vertonghen (3); Ronaldo (64)
View attachment 413250View attachment 413249View attachment 413248

Hull - Newcastle 2-6
Aspas (pen 43, 63), Diakite sent off (48); Depay (13, 79), Salvio (45), Baines (pen 49, 81), Januzaj (62)
View attachment 413247View attachment 413246

League Table:

View attachment 413245

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2015/16 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Tottenham - Manchester City
1-1
View attachment 413230

Gary Lineker: White Hart Lane became the arena of a clash between two ambitious clubs who began losing pace after a promising start to the campaign. Both Tottenham and Man City needed a win to stay within six points of leaders Newcastle and pundits were siding with the Citizens. It was Spurs off to a brilliant start though when Jan Vertonghen got himself on the scoresheet before even 180 seconds had elapsed. City lost Lionel Messi to an injury soon after and it obviously affected their confidence. Ronaldo took charge after the break and provided an equalizer but that was the last goal of the game and managers Laudrup and Klopp had to settle with a point each - which will probably feel more like two points lost.
Alan Hansen: I was surprised to see how affected the visitors were by the early goal and the Messi injury - they just couldn't get into the game despite having an extra body in midfield. Spurs have to get some credit for rising up to the occasion and had they managed to win it would have been no less than what they deserved. Klopp has to thank the incredible individual talent throughout his team because that is what salvaged the point for the visitors.
Alan Shearer: It was largely a tactical battle and not a great lot of players shined individually but I'll still showcase PoM winner - Jan Vertonghen, who got the goal for the home side. The overhyped Spurs strikers failed to impress - Balotelli, Higuain and Soldado were all poor. The same could be said for Sigurdsson and especially Jovetic from the visitors team, the latter substituted less than thirty minutes after coming off the bench himself.
Gary Lineker: None of the clubs will be happy with this result as it leaves them eight points trailing to the top.

Manchester United - Arsenal
0-0
View attachment 413224

Gary Lineker: Old Trafford welcomed the old rivalry between Man United and Arsenal - and the two clubs couldn't have had more contrasting starts to the season. The Red Devils were flying high mounting a genuine title challenge while the Gunners were looking for a way back in the top half. Given the gulf in form and quality it was little surprise Arsene Wenger adopted a cautious approach and left the initiative in the hosts. Despite dominating throughout the match the Red Devils failed to unlock a resilient Gunners defense and had to settle with a disappointing null-null draw!
Alan Hansen: It tells you a lot about how desperate Arsenal are for points watching them play 10 men behind the ball for the entire game. They didn't even produce a single shot on target. It paid back to an extent because Man United never managed to break them down but I wonder how happy will their fans be with that kind of performance. The home crowd will be even more disappointed though - so many creative players and they all blanked!
Alan Shearer: I was surprised to see the PoM award go to Rafael but we must admit he and captain Vidic gave a gutsy performance and it wasn't really their job to score the goals. All offensive players for the hosts disappointed, Rooney the one to squander most chances. Sagna and Ben Davies were terrific on the flanks of defense for the Gunners, closing the wings of the hosts, limiting them to predictable one-dimensional attacks. Cavani was a major disappointment though as he had not one but two excellent chances to seal an away win against all odds but missed both of them.
Gary Lineker: This derby was pretty one sided but the aftermath will definitely please none of the participants. Manchester United are now five behind top spot and Arsenal are still closer to relegation than the top four.

Simon Pegg @simonpegg what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i------ue 1m

#ChampionsLeague
Steaua - #CFC 1-3
Iancu (pen 12); Moreno (1), Hazard (13), Falcao (pen 36)

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mcfc - FC Kobenhavn 2-0
Gotze (41), Ronaldo (64)
LGx

Expand

Sting @OfficialSting what a tool @ Marseilles can you beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilieve 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#nufc - Fenerbahce 6-0
Alex Sandro (14, 28), Lamela (48), Remy (68, 87), Santon (81)

Expand

Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiilievmmme 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mufc - Besiktas 1-2
Jernandez (63); Alba o.g. (32), Salli (45)

Expand

Phil Collins @PhilCollinsFeed what a tool @ Marseilles can -u-----------e 1m

#EuropaLeague
Metalist - #THFC 0-2
Andre Ayew (36, 82)
#THFC qualify for Knockout round

Expand

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can -u--------------e 1m

Europa League
Standard - Arsenal 0-2
de Camargo sent off (47); Cavani (57), El Shaarawy (82)
Arsenal qualify for Knockout round

Expand

Back