Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

Last edited:
English Title Contenders European Watch

View attachment 403649

First Knockout Round Second Leg

Tuesday 7th March 2017:

Galatasaray - PSV 1-1 (2-1)

Chelsea - Dortmund 2-0 (4-0)
Falcao (8), Neymar (82)
View attachment 403646View attachment 403645

Wednesday 8th March 2017:

Newcastle - Benfica 5-0 (9-2)
Zouma (15), Lamela (45+2, 53), Balotelli (pen 51), Donovan (85)
View attachment 403644View attachment 403643

Manchester United - Leverkusen 3-1 (4-3)
Icardi (20, 86), Verratti sent off (43), Rooney (62); Rolfes (4)
View attachment 403642View attachment 403641

View attachment 403648

Second Knockout Round Second Leg

Thursday 9th March 2017:

Tottenham - Fiorentina 4-0 (5-1)

Arsenal - Dnipro 4-2 (6-2)
Volland (10, 33, 80), Bernard (68); Shkotkin sent off (20), Patyak (55), Lysyi (63)
View attachment 403639View attachment 403638

English Title Contenders European Watch

View attachment 403637

Quarter Final Draw

Athletic Bilbao - Chelsea
Valencia - Newcastle
Napoli - Manchester United
Manchester City - Galatasaray

View attachment 403636

Premier League predictions: Lawro v the Hoff

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on American actor, singer, producer, businessman and Manchester City fan David Hasselhoff. David is best known for his lead roles as Michael Knight in the popular 1980s US series Knight Rider and as L.A. County Lifeguard Mitch Buchannon in the series Baywatch. Hasselhoff also produced Baywatch for a number of seasons in the 1990s up until 2001. He also crossed over to a music career during the end of the 1980s and the early 1990s. He was noted for his performance at the Berlin Wall at New Year's Ever 1989; he enjoyed a short-lived success as a singer primarily in German-speaking Europe. More recently, Hasselhoff has been involved with talent shows. He was a judge on America's Got Talent from 2006 to 2009. In 2011 he joined the Britain's Got Talent judging panel alongside Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and Michael McIntyre.

View attachment 403635
Lawro vs Manchester City fan David Hasselhoff

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Blackburn - Chelsea
David Hasselhoff: This could end with a draw which would suit us pretty well. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll back Chelsea for the win in this one but I admit it's a lucky guess as it will be very even. 1-3.

Swansea - Manchester City
David Hasselhoff: We simply must win this one. 1-4.
Mark Lawrenson: I will back the Swans to deliver one of the surprises this weekend. 2-2.

Manchester United - Fulham
David Hasselhoff: I've got to say the neighbours will fail here. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Well I can't see anything but a home win in this one. 2-0.

Newcastle - Arsenal
David Hasselhoff: This should be a home win. 3-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll say a draw in this one is pretty likely. 2-2.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with one perfect score. His score of 5 was too good for the predictions of Arsenal fan Spike Lee, who scored 2, managing two correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Twenty Nine
Lawro: 121
Guests: 99

View attachment 403631
Premier League
Round 30

Saturday 11th March 2017:

Swansea - Manchester City 1-4
Chadli (61); Ronaldo (13), Aguero (20), Messi (pen 39), David Silva (66)
View attachment 403622View attachment 403621

Blackburn - Chelsea 1-1
Lukaku (79); Falcao (42)
View attachment 403617View attachment 403616View attachment 403615

Manchester United - Fulham 4-1
Henriquez (10, 13, pen 27), Iniesta (48); Plumain (40)
View attachment 403614View attachment 403613

Sunday 12th March 2017:

Newcastle - Arsenal 5-1
Januzaj (4, 26), Javi Martinez (21), Balotelli (62, pen 89); Cavani (54)
View attachment 403612View attachment 403611View attachment 403610

League Table:

View attachment 403609

have you updated to 14.3 and is that your own tactic or one that you found on the internet

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2016/17 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Blackburn - Chelsea
1-1
View attachment 402996

Gary Lineker: Blackburn welcomed Chelsea in a decisive clash for both sides as the home team was looking to remain in the frame for the top four race while the Blues couldn't afford to drop any more points as they were trailing leaders Newcastle by 8 points already. The visitors appeared closer to victory when Falcao gave them the lead just before half time but Rovers worked hard to avoid defeat and Lukaku gave them the cherished equalizer near the end of the match.
Alan Hansen: It was a game of few chances and most of them were off target. The tactical clash overwhelmed any genuine football quality and both sides were too cautious which I thought made it a bit unpleasant to watch. While I can certainly understand Rovers for taking this approach I was a bit disappointed with Chelsea who seemed content with the one goal lead they had during the most of the second half and they ultimately paid the price for it.
Alan Shearer: There weren't any inspiring performances from either team. Kroos and Lukaku did just fine for Rovers but ter Stegen, Trindade de Vilhena and Benteke were pretty poor; Ramos and PoM winner Umtiti were decent for the visitors without particularly impressing and Mangala was the culprit for the equalizer.
Gary Lineker: This result sees Chelsea drop behind Man United in the league table and the Blues are now some 10 points behind Newcastle which seems quite a gap despite the game in hand they still got. Blackburn are now just a point short of the top four but all teams above have played less fixtures than them so it will be complicated for Rovers.

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the 2016/17 Premier League season! It seems the race will be as tight as ever this time around and as we all know it is those direct 6-pointer clashes that play a decisive part in deciding who will fly and who will fall. For this reason we will be focusing solely on those giant games in Match of the Day. Stay with us as Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer aid me on analyzing the key aspects of what happened and why it happened for you!

Newcastle - Arsenal
5-1
View attachment 402990

Gary Lineker: Newcastle welcomed out of form Arsenal at Saint James' Park looking to maintain the comfortable gap they'd built at the top of the Premier League while the visitors were desperate to get something with their Champions League return dreams already severely hampered. It wasn't to be though as the Magpies started the game in a buoyant fashion and quickly built a three-goal lead with a brace from Januzaj sandwiching a rare Javi Martinez strike. Cavani pulled one back for the Gunners after the break but another brace, this time from Balotelli, sank them to a humiliating defeat.
Alan Hansen: What can you say after such a heavy scoreline? It was all Newcastle in this one and they entirely deserved it. The Gunners wanted to match the control of the ball and they did but it was all they accomplished and whatever the tactical plan behind it was it backfired big time. The Magpies had five clear-cut chances opposed to the three the visitors created and took full advantage of them.
Alan Shearer: Cavani was the only impressive Arsenal player while the likes of De Sciglio, Davies and especially Pique let their teammates down on a number of occasions. As for Newcastle Januzaj took the PoM award but Balotelli, Grimm, Santon and Alvarez Balanta were all great.
Gary Lineker: This win moves Newcastle even closer to the title but Arsenal are in all kinds of trouble now as they might fail to even qualify for Europa League!

Newcastle announce new intake of youth players

View attachment 402978
Rob Lee
Published at 9:03AM, March 13 2017

Newcastle United Head of Youth Development Jason Dodd has informed the Evening Chronicle a new batch of youngsters have arrived at the club's academy. The club has benefited greatly by the various facilities upgrades since manager Dimiter Hristov took over and last year's success with producing promising midfielder Stephen Welsby has been repeated with the current crop. Sunderland born promising midfielder Jamie Sheeran (16) has been identified as possibly one of the best players of his generation.

View attachment 402975
Jamie Sheeran

There are no other youth players manager Dimiter Hristov has approved for permanent deals although the capture of Sheeran will certainly appeal to the fans who are already buzzing with the amount of talent in the youth team. Jamie is a peculiar player as while central midfield is his natural domain, he can also be employed on the right wing. In the meantime manager Dimiter Hristov has revealed his scouts are already on various trips to check on a number of prospects in other club academies throughout the world just like in the previous year and promised Newcastle will do their best to sign the new Ronaldo and Messi on a long term contract as soon as the summer transfer window opens.

Newcastle announce new intake of youth players
There are no other youth players manager Dimiter Hristov has approved for permanent deals although the capture of Sheeran will certainly appeal to the fans who are already buzzing with the amount of talent in the youth team. Jamie is a peculiar player as while central midfield is his natural domain, he can also be employed on the right wing.

Doesn't quite fit the profile of extremely determined youth players we are looking for although he came with such high recommendations from the backroom staff that I couldn't ignore them. Hopefully it works out well and he develops towards that tag over the next few seasons.

Manchester United - Manchester City
2-0
View attachment 402932

Gary Lineker: The derby of Manchester saw both United and City still in the title fight as the visitors needed a win to catch up with the hosts while having a game in hand. The Red Devils would have moved just six points within leaders Newcastle in case they won though. And it was exactly what happened after Verratti gave them the lead just after the break from the penalty spot and then Alaba put the ball behind his own keeper with a clumsy touch to wrap it up for the delight of a massive Old Trafford crowd.
Alan Hansen: It was a very close fight and Man City were looking better for it until they were dealt that double blow in the second half. They never recovered from the Alaba own goal but we have to give credit to the hosts who worked incredibly hard for this victory.
Alan Shearer: Rafael gave his all in this match and claimed the PoM award, but he was backed by strong performances from Smalling and Verratti. Kompany got under the spotlight for all the wrong reasons from the Man City team after giving away the penalty which started it all.
Gary Lineker: Man United are now just six points behind Newcastle and have eight games until the end of the season to catch up. The Citizens are outsiders in that fight though as they are now 12 points behind even though they still got one more game in hand.

View attachment 402928

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Adele

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on English singer, songwriter, musician, multi-instrumentalist and Tottenham fan Adele. Her first album, 19, was released in 2008 to commercial and critical success. It certified four times platinum in the UK, and double platinum in the US. At the 2009 Grammy Awards, Adele received the awards for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Her second album, 21, earned her six Grammy awards in 2012, including Album of the Year. It has been certified 16 times platinum in the UK, and held the top position longer than any other album since 1985. In 2011 and 2012 Billboard named Adele Artist of the Year. In 2012 Adele was listed as number five on VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Music and the American magazine Time named her one of the most influential people in the world. In 2013 she received an Academy Award as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song for "Skyfall" - written for the twenty-third James Bond film.

View attachment 402927
Lawro vs Tottenham fan Adele

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Leeds - Manchester United
Adele: This will be a ****** derby and I fancy the home team in it. 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: I also think the Red Devils might drop points in the Roses derby but I'll say a draw. 1-1.

Chelsea - Tottenham
Adele: We can stop Chelsea but even I won't be that brave to say we will win at the Bridge. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: This one should be a win for the Blues. 3-1.

Manchester City - Newcastle
Adele: Massive clash and I'll back the home side. 3-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I'll go with the visitors here, they decided not to postpone the match despite international fixtures knowing they have less players on international duty than City. 1-3.

Arsenal and Blackburn games postponed

Last week, Lawro got one result right, with no perfect scores. His score of 1 was way too poor to match the predictions of Manchester City fan David Hasselhoff, who scored 5, managing three correct results with one perfect score.

Total scores after Week Thirty
Lawro: 122
Guests: 104

Last edited:
View attachment 402919
Premier League
Round 31

Sunday 19th March 2017:

Leeds - Manchester United 0-3
Bale (2), Verratti (71, pen 83)
View attachment 402916View attachment 402915

Chelsea - Tottenham 1-1
Thiago Alcantara (47); Higuain (66)
View attachment 402913View attachment 402912

Monday 20th March 2017:

Manchester City - Newcastle 4-1
Gotze (14), Kompany (23), Ronaldo (45+1), Nastasic (90+3); Balotelli (54)
View attachment 402910View attachment 402909View attachment 402908

League Table:

View attachment 402906

Manchester City - Newcastle
4-1
View attachment 402877

Gary Lineker: Man City geared up for a must-win clash with Newcastle at the Etihad as the gap to the visitors was at 12 points before the game. The Magpies knew they had some margin for error sitting some comfortable six points ahead of second placed Man United in the table. That confidence did them a bad favor though as goals from Gotze and Kompany gave the home side a great headstart before Ronaldo added a third goal on the brink of half time. Newcastle clawed one back with a Balotelli goal after the break but were unable to do anything more and Nastasic completed the rout deep in added time with a fourth goal for the home side instead.
Alan Hansen: The Citizens did the most of the massive first half they had and the third goal in particular was the killer. Newcastle showed a glimpse of what they can do in the opening of the second period but that third goal gave the home team confidence and they didn't panic. I was impressed with how open the match was even though it was exactly what I expected - there were 11 clear cut chances in front of both goallines but we have to point out the majority of those went for Man City so they entirely deserved the win.
Alan Shearer: Kompany took the PoM award for his inspiring performance although Yaya Toure, Gotze and Ronaldo were impressive as well. On the contrary there were a string of poor displays in the Newcastle team, most notably Leighton Baines.
Gary Lineker: It came a little bit as a surprise but we will certainly take this result as it injects much needed intrigue in the title race. Newcastle are still first in the table but their lead is cut to just three points ahead of Man United, six ahead of Chelsea and nine ahead of Man City who also have a game in hand.

Last edited: