Blatter labels England "bad losers"

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 126
  • Views Views 5K
Before I start this, I'd just like to rule out any bias against England/English people from me because I'm Scottish. I don't hate England, nr do I have anything against English people. I think England's bid team and media are being sore losers about this, because the British media seem to believe everything on earth revolves around the UK.

Also, the media don't seem to understand the fact that Russia is just as good a place for a WC as Englisnd IMHO, as they have an up-and-coming league, with a number of talented teams who have had European success in the last few years (CSKA and Zenit both won the UEFA Cup, I think :P) and have a number of world-class players in their ranks, both foreign and for the national team (Keisuke Honda, Danny of Portugal, Pavel Pogrebnyak, Aiden McGeady when he can be arsed).

However, I see where the English people are coming from. England received an incredibly good technical report after FIFA's visit, the only major problem being the distnace between training grounds and stadiums. How do you go from such a good technical report to 2 votes?

Also, the 2022 vote is a farce. That should have gone to Australia, no doubt about it. Qatar just isn't a footballing nation.

I am not surprised England didn't get the WC. I didn't think they would or want them to, as I would prefer the WC went to a new nation. But I thought they would have got to at least the second round.

Agree with everything said here, some people and most of the media and bid tema thought they just had to turn and they would win.

Didn't watch the presentations but people have said England had the best one although Russia isn't a bad shout for the WC, but Qatar... nuff said.

Was there really a need for that? However true it may be? :P

I know, I'm sorry. I'm just sick of all the Scots who keep saying the same thing. I'm not bitter that the Russians have been given a chance. I'd have preferred it to have been Holland - they deserve a chance given their performances recently

This is probably old news, but the Asian Games Federation are asking FIFA to move the FIFA 2022 World Cup, so it starts in Winter, so January time. This would sort the temperatur problem, but another problem will arise, by all the clubs and leagues, which will need a winter break, which im not a fan off.

This is probably old news, but the Asian Games Federation are asking FIFA to move the FIFA 2022 World Cup, so it starts in Winter, so January time. This would sort the temperatur problem, but another problem will arise, by all the clubs and leagues, which will need a winter break, which im not a fan off.

Not sure i'm keen on this idea either, would be weird watching a game on chrostmas or something.

Another thing about the December/January world cup, how are a lot of people from Christian countries (eg. most of Europe) supposed to afford to go Qatar to watch the WC on the back of paying for Christmas? It's the most expensive and busy time of year, would be hard to get time off work too.

they have until 2022, and I'm sure with the money they have they can easily do it, plus they will have FIFA's Backing too
its not about the money is whether it will actually work on the huge scale. FIFA's backing is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard

Back